Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

• 15-11-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/louis-walsh-refuses-to-comment-on-mary-coughlan-x-factor-fix-claims/

Louis Walsh has refused to make any comments, on claims made by his pal Mary Coughlan about The X Factor.
    The Irish jazz and folk singer was a guest of Walsh’s at last weekend’s X Factor show and in a subsequent radio interview, admitted that she had her eyes opened to how the show works during her time backstage.

Speaking on RTE radio yesterday afternoon, the 55 year old admitted that she was ‘intrigued’ by the show, explaining:
    “Well you know, let’s not go there but I suppose I got to find out things I shouldn’t know about the ‘X Factor’, but I really was intrigued by the whole way it ran, let me just say that.”
    When asked exactly what it was, she had “learned”, she added: “People know things before the show starts, that’s all I am going to say . . . that they probably shouldn’t know . . .”
    It was the last thing the show needed, after Saturday night’s fix claims surrounding Amelia Lily and the belief of many viewers that much of what is seen on the weekend’s live episodes is heavily manufactured and orchestrated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What do you like about Amelia?
    Keep it clean please she is only 15.

She is 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

I have edited the post.
    Think we should keep it clean in general. These are real people we are talking about here!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    “People know things before the show starts, that’s all I am going to say . . . that they probably shouldn’t know . . .”
    Like Doctor Faustus Cowell sold his soul for secret knowledge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/louis-walsh-refuses-to-comment-on-mary-coughlan-x-factor-fix-claims/

Louis Walsh has refused to make any comments, on claims made by his pal Mary Coughlan about The X Factor.
    The Irish jazz and folk singer was a guest of Walsh’s at last weekend’s X Factor show and in a subsequent radio interview, admitted that she had her eyes opened to how the show works during her time backstage.

Speaking on RTE radio yesterday afternoon, the 55 year old admitted that she was ‘intrigued’ by the show, explaining:
    “Well you know, let’s not go there but I suppose I got to find out things I shouldn’t know about the ‘X Factor’, but I really was intrigued by the whole way it ran, let me just say that.”
    When asked exactly what it was, she had “learned”, she added: “People know things before the show starts, that’s all I am going to say . . . that they probably shouldn’t know . . .”
    It was the last thing the show needed, after Saturday night’s fix claims surrounding Amelia Lily and the belief of many viewers that much of what is seen on the weekend’s live episodes is heavily manufactured and orchestrated.

It also explain why they have removed the discussion section on their facebook site!
    They don't want people now publicising this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,330 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't have very strong opinions about Amelia and I like Janet and Misha B better (both of these acts have OFFICIAL appreciation threads by the way)
    BUT if I had to pick one and only one thing I like about her I would say that
    She's come back from adversity,
    She is feisty,
    Potentially she is a good role model (could someone confirm this),

What do you like about Amelia?
    Keep it clean please she is only 17.

Amelia was with mankie Frankie hard to kept it clean :p

Amelia was with mankie Frankie hard to kept it clean :p
    So she had her heart broken by a cold hearted Lothario! I understand that he was her first love!
    BUT she has pulled herself back from adversity!
    Any other reasons why you LOVE Amelia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

much of what is seen on the weekend’s live episodes is heavily manufactured and orchestrated.[/COLOR]

people can't possibly only now be copping on to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2061472/X-Factor-2011-Kitty-Brucknell-blasts-Amelia-Lilys-return-unfair.html

........................Kitty, 26, also revealed that all is not well between the judges as Louis Walsh 'egged' her on to swear at Kelly Rowland when she lost in the sing-off.
    When discussing whether or not her final goodbye to the show, when she sang a line from Lady Gaga's Born This Way, was organised by Louis she revealed the Irish manager had other ideas.

She said Louis told her to 'jump up on the table and stick your middle finger up to Kelly'.

That revelation will certainly worsen tensions between the judges who are already at war, with Gary Barlow and Louis battling for head judge supremacy and Kelly and Tulisa Contostavlos at loggerheads.
    Kitty returned to the X Factor house to pick up her things but it looks as though the other contestants were too busy to see her....................................

LOL go Lulu all for publicity of course Simon has him well trained :p

If someone says to me that the makers of the show including Simon, DON'T know in advance what way the voting is going before the public announcements every week, I suspect such people are very naive.

Just as it was obvious last year that the gimp Cher Lloyd was the years favoured one - its so obvious that Misha B is now this years primary selection for favouritism.

Both last year and this year they are trying every PR trick in the book and possibly some outside it, to ensure Misha B gets a lot more exposure/PR promotion than the rest.

If they know than aren't they stealing from the voting public. It is constantly repeated that nobody knows what way the votes are going.
    What's more apart from last year I don't think that the voting trends worked the way that we thought they were working?

Also why would Simon have got rid of Mary when he was able to make money from SuBo?
    OSI keep it clean please. This is a family boards.ie thread.
    By the way Misha B fans the haters have struck so get in there and get voting.
    Votes cost zero pence from standard BT landlines and from mobiles will not cost considerably more!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Also why would Simon have got rid of Mary when he was able to make money from SuBo?

because Mary Byrne is shít, and SuBo is not.

• Advertisement

If they know than aren't they stealing from the voting public. It is constantly repeated that nobody knows what way the votes are going.
    What's more apart from last year I don't think that the voting trends worked the way that we thought they were working?

Just because X-factor judges/O'Leary/Simon says something, don't mean it true.
    I mean even Barlow openly admitted to the public that he lies (to serve a purpose)!

Simon would have seen Subo as a one off and/or wants to keep her that way. It makes her alone PR-wise, all the more special.
    If I was him, I wouldn't want to bring/introduce another similar person that might dilute the publicity that Subo brings to the world and weaken any further chances of PR exposure (= profit).
    Too many Subo types means eventual market saturation.

SlickRic wrote: »
    because Mary Byrne is shít, and SuBo is not.
    OK that's one perspective and if true it would be a very valid perspective. I have a bit of a tin ear though so can't comment further. If indeed SuBo is not **** and MaBy is **** that would explain alot.

But remember MaBy is Irish and used to be a Lesbian.

Did anyone (else) piss themself laughing when she kept going on about her poor daughter who turned out to be about 14?
    Biggins wrote: »
    Just because X-factor judges/O'Leary/Simon says something, don't mean it true.
    I mean even Barlow openly admitted to the public that he lies (to serve a purpose)!

Simon would have seen Subo as a one off and/or wants to keep her that way. It makes her alone PR-wise, all the more special.
    If I was him, I wouldn't want to bring/introduce another similar person that might dilute the publicity that Subo brings to the world and weaken any further chances of PR exposure (= profit).
    Too many Subo types means eventual market saturation.
    Did Gary Barlow admit to lying?
    Good points about Cowell trying to keep SuBo unique.
    If you have any positive opinions about Misha B or Janet D to express don't forget the OFFICIAL Appreciation threads!

Biggins wrote: »
    God Biggin's you are a hard marker. They always say their own acts were good it is just part of the game. It is one of many things what makes X factor so original and not just a blatant rip off of Pop Idol.

God Biggin's you are a hard marker. They always say their own acts were good it is just part of the game. It is one of many things what makes X factor so original and not just a blatant rip off of Pop Idol.

Its one thing to promote your own but to outright lie - especially when the public is to a certain extent putting their hands in their pockets, spending phone call money and taking the words of judges often (sadly) as the truth!
    (To me that partial financial fraud too by the way)

...Anyway, he admitted he lied (for a reason in particular) - and I suspect he's not the first on X-Factor, to suit an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Think we should keep it clean in general. These are real people we are talking about here!

interesting turn of attitude-
    If indeed SuBo is not **** and MaBy is **** that would explain alot.

But remember MaBy is Irish and used to be a Lesbian.

Did anyone (else) piss themself laughing when she kept going on about her poor daughter who turned out to be about 14?
    Votes cost zero pence from standard BT landlines and from mobiles will not cost considerably more

I cant figure out whether it's Kelly Rowland or Gary Barlow, both are well known to talk hypocritical nonsense, or is it just a plant by Simon Cowell? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Swordofislam you are providing me with so much entertainment. Keep up the good work :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    ...I cant figure out whether it's Kelly Rowland or Gary Barlow, both are well known to talk hypocritical nonsense, or is it just a plant by Simon Cowell? :D
    Plants?
    Well both of them are weeds as far as I'm concerned! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I could live with Barlow back next year but if I see Kelly Rowland anywhere near this show next summer I'm tracking Simon down and hitting him in the face with a trout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Agree about Rowland. She's trying to be some weird Oprah/Paula Abdul wannabe, and it just makes her look deranged.

I've warmed to Tulisa, though. Most of the time she cuts through the shoite, and she does seem to really care about her groups.

I don't think Kelly and Gary would even be able to name all 4 of their acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Movie week !! Louise should take Janet off that B1tch Kelly

I would love to see an act dump their mentor *coughs* Kelly dumped would be sweet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Movie week !! Louise should take Janet off that B1tch Kelly

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000 on that one :D

I wonder what songs they will sing.:) Looking forward to this week show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

How could you have a strong opinion of Amelia one way or the other? She has only been in the show for a week!:rolleyes:

She was the best of the auditions in my opinion. Then she sang her way through those. Then she sang at the judges houses and finally on week 1 of the live shows and on Saturday...

Maybe just think in future...

..Oh and if I say I think someone is better than another or the best at something, it's expressing an opinion...harping on about a nothing 'performer' like Janet over the course of many pages is vehemently defending or pushing your opinion - a strong opinion if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

What bugs me about the themes is this:

Last week on the U.S. X Factor it was movie week also - Simon picked a song - Fix you by Coldplay......hardly a movie classic is it?!

All he's done was think of a song he wanted his act to sing and look for a film it might have been in. It's not really keeping with the 'spirit of the theme' in my opinion.

Same with Tulisa and rock week - actually that was worse - ''Oh I took it to mean something that had a kind of a rock riff''. Ridiculous. None of her acts that week sang anything remotely rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

RIP X Factor thread no.1.. you'll be missed :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jesus. I thought the thread was closed indefinitely there for a second. The would have been riots! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If Janet wants to go any further then she needs to sing without those sharp rises and squeaks. Just sing purely Janet i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh new thread:D

time to get janet back to what she knows best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ahhhh new thread:D

time to get janet back to what she knows best.
    Yeah, back to when she wasnt on the show!

I was over her from the beginning. Diana Vickers she's not

Advertisement