Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delta Soccer Dome opening September 13th

• 02-09-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

This place sounds massive, according to the Limerick Post it has;

* 7 indoor astro turf pitches
    * 2 indoor tennis courts
    * Badminton Courts
    * Wooden sprung sports floor
    * Training facilities for clubs

and more

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That sounds like a great facility. I'm guessing it'll be located somewhere out in the suburbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Ya its in Delta retail park, beside the delta karting..its good to see these abandoned retail parks being used for things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

finally people are using their brains a bit,sound good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Sounds good. Not even from Limerick myself, but would love indoor astro pitches here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

The only Indoor pitches are in the university and its hard enough booking them so hopefully this should ease the amount of people booking in one spot and i can finally get indoor soccer up and going again with the lads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll have to check it out sometime. It'll be interesting to compare their prices with the indoor halls in UL, but with 7 pitches it should be much easier to get a booking.

Limerick Forum soccer meet up anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

I was out there today chatting with one of the owners. They hope to have the place open by around Sep 16th, they have large crews working on the facility which in Massive! - This will be a fantastic addition to things to do in Limerick! I will be covering the opening and getting some photos as soon as I can but here is some more info. They will have 2 3G Grass Tennis courts.

PRICES:

5 a side Soccer

€60.00 per hour peak time (6pm – 11pm Monday to Friday).
    €50.00 per hour off peak time (9am – 6pm Monday to Friday)
    €50.00 per hour Sat & Sun.

Indoor tennis

€24 per court per hour. Tennis courts may only be reserved from 9am – 6pm Monday – Friday and 10am – 12pm Saturday and Sunday
    Training pitches

Please contact us on 061 444455 to discuss availability

Parties

Soccer parties cost €15 per child (Minimum of 8 children required)

This place can open up all the pitches together to give a 60 Meter by 20 Meter area big enough for full squad training!

website - www.deltasoccerdome.com

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

looks pretty decent.tennis courts seem a bit pricey though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Good to see tennis courts available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The Astro seems expensive enough aswell,think we're currently paying 40 for a hour and half in LIT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Pity no squash courts:(
    That tennis price has to be wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,110 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well these places cost alot to rent, fit out and maintain these places so in turn the customer pays for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well these places cost alot to rent, fit out and maintain these places so in turn the customer pays for it.

Well I've played soccer indoor and outdoor in loads of places in limerick which needed to be fitted out and maintained and never paid more than 40 an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Those tennis prices are astronomical. I don't think Catholic Intitute or Limerick Lawn will be worried about those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,110 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Roadend wrote: »
    Well I've played soccer indoor and outdoor in loads of places in limerick which needed to be fitted out and maintained and never paid more than 40 an hour.

Well its a bit premature to compare facilities yet as the place isn't open but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I think the facilites sound and more than likely are very good, don't get me wrong, its just that 60 quid an hout seems a tad expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Suppose if you break it down it doesnt sound as bad, 10 players paying 6 quid each and its indoor

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

The Astro Turf 5 a side needs to come down to 5 euro a head for peak hours to have any chance

This is what most places charge.

when you are running around a bit of rain doesn't really put you off playing and not worth the extra euro in my opinion,

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

thats some mad price for the hr for the tennis...

so for 2 ppl... its 12 euro each a hr... I joined a astro tennis court in Newcastlewest for like 100 euro for the Year.... even on a another note the tennis court in rathkeale (concret ) is lik ten euro a hr for as many players as you want... Dont think ill be going here..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

A few Pics to give you an Idea.
    IMGP3506.JPG

IMGP3499.JPG

IMGP3486.JPG

IMGP3491.JPG

IMGP3517.JPG

IMGP3528.JPG

:cool:

• Advertisement

That pitch in picture #2 is where we played our first 5-v-5 game last week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PlumberMan

Just out there tonight. The pitches are tiny, 5 a side for kids maybe. Not much room for 10, ahem, comfortable gentlemen! Any bit of speed built up was dangerous too. Back to UL for us.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 limman

i was at the official opening last night and the place is great! the pitches are bigger than UL and it is indoor astro turf, new 3G surface, so I will be going up there to play for sure. It is really well designed and is the same price as UL, with good availability still on slots, so a no brainer in my and my teams book to start playing there. we block booked a slot last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really like the pitches out there - ground is safer than Garryowen astro for example - have hit the ground and still have my knees in tact :D

Haven't had any spacial issues with my group - we even floated the idea of having 12 on the pitch at one time (though that may push it a bit).

Only downside is that the place seems to trap heat.

🤪

i checked the prices in UL for soccer and its €45 for 45 minutes. in Delta its €60 for 60 mins peak, €50 0ff peak. So its the same price! the pitches are indoor astro, which is even better and they are bigger pitches than UL. We have booked delta as its brand new turf and the only indoor astro facility we could find in Limerick. They have some good slots still available at peak times to

it did'nt seem to hot there last night at the opening, however all the roller and exit doors were open, which seemed to have a cooling effect on the inside temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Last night at the opening?

I've been playing there for 3 weeks?!:confused:

I think last night was the "official" opening ceremony.
    Similarly, the new building in Mary I was open for three weeks before the "opening ceremony" was held.

Advertisement