Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men's haircuts

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

So what do you get?

Generally I get the 2 back and sides, 3 on the top. But seeing as it's getting cold I'm thinking trim on the top, 4 back and sides.
    Thoughts on this?

and what do you get?

I'd go for the Gary Barlow haircut but my hair is completely black and wouldn't suit me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

BOHtox wrote: »
    So what do you get?

Generally I get the 2 back and sides, 3 on the top. But seeing as it's getting cold I'm thinking trim on the top, 4 back and sides.
    Thoughts on this?

and what do you get?

I'd go for the Gary Barlow haircut but my hair is completely black and wouldn't suit me.
    Barlow is going bald. He disguises it with a comb over, not very well though. If you look closely at him next time you see him on tv you will notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I go for the 'slept in a ditch' look.

It actually suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Been growing mine out for the last while - just gotten it thinned out and tidied up around the sides my last few trips to the barbers but overall I like it

It's not even very long but I think it suits me alot better than shorter hair

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

4 sides/back, scissors on top to even it out, but leave enough for spiking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I bought a set of blades a few months ago to cut my own hair. I give it a number 2 on the back and sides and then trim the top. I like to leave a good bit of length on the top to spike it up or whatever.

I was sick of the price of the hairdressers and not getting the right cut so I decided to do it myself. It means I can cut my hair every week if I want (my hair grows very quickly) and not every 3 or 4 weeks like before.

The blades cost me €25 and I've had them since the start of June. I'd probably have gotten it cut 6 times over that period, with it being summer and all, so I estimate my savings at around €35-40. It's not going to buy me a new car but any saving is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

a shorter version of what I went in with, done with a scissors only and looking like it hasnt obviously been just cut

no straight lines *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I usually go for a 3 blade all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

'Barlows' cut has been around decades, don't credit that tool with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

This

But a bit restless and looking for a change perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

ThisRegard wrote: »
    'Barlows' cut has been around decades, don't credit that tool with it.
    Sure it has it's the hair that cuts itself by falling out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Mach 3 and a goatee. Pretty much Ed Norton from american History x tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

your hairstyle should suit your face shape too. Just a point to note if you're thinking of doing something a bit more radical with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

generally get short back and sides. Depending on the looks of the other patrons in the barbers i'd get that done by scissors or 4 blade.

Trim on the top and then parted to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pakb1ue

Ditto.
    When I younger I would get a 2 on the sides and cut on top. Then that became a 3 and now a 4. Got a 1 on the sides before I wore a had until it had grown back enough that I didnt look like a scumbag.

I try and spice it up by getting a 3 around my ears and sideburns (get a one on the side burns) and blend it in.

Strangely been going to the same barber all my life think I have only gotten my hair cut less then 10 times by someone else despite living 4 different towns/cities in the past 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

2 all over. Have my own trimmer as I was sick of spending 5 minutes in the barbers and spending euro on it. Getting back and sides is tricky though. Hair is receding so I can comfort myself with the fact I know I'll never have to waste a penny on a haircut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no idea what to do with my hair, it's been just there on my head doing nothing exciting for years.

Thinking of trying the Bill Kelliher look. Just Google "Bill Kelliher Mastodon"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Last time i had a haircut was 1998. My hair remembers a simpler time when our currency was pretty, the simpsons was funny and if someone said you could carry around your entire record collection on a thing the size of your credit card you'd burn them as a witch

Advertisement