Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

USC - Can you reclaim USC when emmigrating

• 24-03-2011 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I know if you're emmigrating and won't be working in Ireland for the rest of the tax year, you can claim back the tax on your P45 through the form P50.

Can you do the same for the USC or is it treated like PRSI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,547 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

My understanding is that all USC repayments are dealt with at the year end by the employer (if you've been with the same employer for the full year) or else by Revenue.
    I don' think (but stand to be corrected) that interim refunds are given.

Note that you might be entitled to a refund at the year end if the USC you've paid through payroll deduction exceeds the amount which would be payable based on your earnings for the period from 1 January to the date of your last paycheck.

Advertisement