Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back and Bad (Really Bad!!!)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Runonewon wrote: »
    25 Sept -
    17.6 miles in the wind and rain at 7:23 aveage pace what a horror of a night even my head torch started to fade with the rain.Absolutely shattered after this run,proof if it was needed that a hard marathon is out of reach this year.It's great to sit down after a long run with that tired but delighted feeling.Even Supa Leeds are winning against Everton,the perfect evening:D:D

You're a Leeds fan! Clicks Unfollow:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Just read your log from start to finish and all I can say is wow - inspirational stuff.. keep it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

You're a Leeds fan! Clicks Unfollow:p

Supa Leeds it's just like watching Brazil:D:D:D:D....or not!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Runonewon wrote: »
    25 Sept -
    17.6 miles in the wind and rain at 7:23 aveage pace what a horror of a night even my head torch started to fade with the rain.Absolutely shattered after this run,proof if it was needed that a hard marathon is out of reach this year.It's great to sit down after a long run with that tired but delighted feeling.Even Supa Leeds are winning against Everton,the perfect evening:D:D

Pretty darn good distance and pace if you ask me. A marathon would be no problem to you!

70.7 miles in the last 7 days.my best training week since I can remember.my calves are well shook.i won't be running tommorrow as I will be at the all Ireland ,looking forward to the rest.my run today was liittle laboured but I just wanted to get to the 70 miles.prob won't do this again any time soon.

• Advertisement

^^^^^ Awesome!!!! :D

County Cross Country Championships
    Sunday 7th October.
    Ran my first cross country in 20 years today,really enjoyed it.I had forgotten how tough running at pace through fields really is.The course was 8k over 5 lap undulating route in Loughrea.I didn't know how to approach this race as i genuinely can't remember what i should be doing over the country.i eased into the race for the first 4k and pushed on a bit in the second half trying to pick off a couple of places everylap .The mucky 250m patch on each lap was a bit of a buzz-kill.I got thru the 8000m in 31:28 with an average pace of 6:16 min/mile pace.We may even have claimed a county team medal.Another box ticked

It's been a very busy spell since the cross country races i early October.I did a few weeks of milage peaking at 73 miles the week before last.I ran 2 10k road races,in mid October the North East Galway 10k in Moylough in a time of 39:04 was happy enough condidering a had ran just over 60 miles that week including the race.
    The Clarinbridge 10k was on today a good course even though some of it is through forest trails which were a litte slippy in racing shoes.The coffee afterwards was most welcome.Got home in 38;20 delighted with time now to have a go at 37;XX:D:D

So funny you posted today as I had just checked about an hour ago to see where you had gone to - page 4 or 5 I believe it was. Sounds like you've been putting in some solid training and getting some well deserved results. Well done!! :)

Hi Dory i've been i little lax on the logging front.I decided to up my milage for a few weeks to try a loose some weight and add a little strenght to my running.I really enjoyed the 10k today,the slogging over the last 5 weeks seems to have paid off.I see you are still fighting the good fight.Is'nt it great to be running this year.

• Advertisement

Had a good week,got out for 6 sessions.My longest run was 14 miles this morning.On Monday jogged,7.5 miles easy on grass to recover from race last Sunday,the rest of the week involved speedwork on Tuesday 8 x 600m.
    10 miles total 6 miles tempo at 6:35 min/mile pace on Thursday.
    With a couple of easy recovery runs i have a total of 53.6 miles in the last week.This will be around my max milage for the next few months over the winter.

A good week,steady pace and 56.16 miles,
    Monday-6.4 miles at 7.00 pace
    Tuesday- 7.5 miles in total - 7 x 600 tough session
    Wednesday-8.4 miles at 7:05 pace
    Thursday-off
    Friday-16.6 miles at 7:28pace
    Saturday-7.11miles at 7:40pace
    Sunday-10.15 miles in total 6@6.50 pace-tempo
    Sunday evening-Watch TV!!!!

Week total 56.23 miles,starting to get consistant runs in also down to 85.1kg 13st.5lbs for first time in 20 years ....cool.

Monday-6.09 miles at 6.54 pace
    Tuesday- 8.06 miles in 57:36
    Wednesday-14.11 miles at 7:12 pace.
    Thursday-off
    Friday-9.07 miles miles at 7:18pace
    Saturday- 10.00 miles at 7:25 pace 1:14:11
    Sunday-8.90 miles in total 5@6.42 pace-tempo

Weekly total 46.31 miles.
    Monday 17th 8.05 miles 7;43 pace tired run,glad to get it over with:confused:
    Tuesday 18th 5.50 miles at 3 at 6;54 pace.
    Wednesday 19th 8.01 miles easy 7;23 pace.
    Thursday 20th 6.21 miles 43;22 good run on grass.
    Friday 21st 10;04 miles 1;16;08 7;37 pace.
    Sarurday 22nd - Restday.
    Sunday 23rd 8.5 miles on trails not sure of time.Garmin cut out.

HAPPY CHRISTSMAS TO ALL ON BOARDS.IE:):):)

Great work you've been doing!! And a very Merry Christmas to you!! :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Great work you've been doing!! And a very Merry Christmas to you!! :)[

Thanks Dory,Happy New year to you and yours.
    2013 the year of the PB!!!:D:D

Weekly total 50.63 miles.

Monday 24th - 9.18 miles 7:18 pace,felt strong throughout.
    Tuesday 25th - Christmas morning 5.50 miles at an easy 7:50 pace.Race tomorrow
    Wednesday 26th - 7k road race in 26;10 at 6:10 pace.Last 2k were a murderous combination of hils and water.Did my cooldown with 5 layers on to keep dry. 8:19 miles total.Brutal day for a race torrential rain and bitterly cold.
    Thursday 27th - 8.58 miles 1:04:11 at 7:29 pace.
    Friday 28th - 10:16 miles 1:13:57 - 7:22 pace.
    Saturday 29th - 9.02 miles at a steady 7:16 pace

Weekly total 52.83 miles.

Monday 31st - 7.4 miles @ 7:32
    Tuesday 1st - 10.56miles@7:28
    Wednesday 2nd - 7.45 miles 3@6:39 pace
    Thursday 3th - 5.89 miles@ 7:03 pace
    Friday 4th - 7:15 miles 6@6:50 pace
    Saturday 5th - 14.38 miles at a steady 7:46 pace,feeling crap my throat getting sore.
    Next week going to start doing shorter faster runs.time to get some pace in my training

Had signed up for this race since before xmas so i was really looking forward to a good blow-out.This is a fairly quick course if a little exposed in places so the wind can have a baring on proceedings.I arrived in good time for the race which is a rarity for me.I made sure of a good warm up as it was freezing cold before the start.Paid extra attention to my sore calf which i strained training in the dark last Thursday,did my stride outs and headed to the start.I was really buzzzing before the line i found i nice starting point up near the front of the 600 runners somtimes you have to be cheeky!!!!,finally we got going.The first 3k were crazy fast i knew i had to steady my pace,once i got into a more manageable tempo i relaxed and started to enjoy the race a little.the group i was in went thru 5k in 18:19 which was surprisingly smooth.We turned on to the road home and hit the crosswind,it was so cold it made the last 3k pretty tough.i decided to hold my pace as much as possible and push on for the last K.The final push was a long incline but as the end was close it didn't seem too bad i opened up form the 200m mark an came home in a time of 29:44.Delighted with time,really enjoyed the race once i made my "mid race adjustments".Can't wait to race again soon.The coffee/tea and fruitcake,buns etc. afterwards were just the ticket,this rounded off a great day

That is an awesome time!!! Well done you! You still amaze me. :)

• Advertisement

Decided I better log as i have been my usual lazy self recently.Since my last race I've been putting in the miles getting out 6 days averaging 50 miles a week.My approach at the moment is on faster milage ,my tempo run is currently is 3 miles at 10k pace(6:00 6:10).This is standing to me in my racing recently as my times have been steadily improving.
    Recent races are as follows.

Gort 4 miler- 24;03
    Kilconiron 5 miler-29:39.
    Abbey Challenge 10k-38;35 this is the toughest 10k course i have ever ran,a brilliant workout on the hills,on a windy day.

I am hoping to run Craughwell 10 miler on Sunday next so i intend to have an easy week.This is one of the best races in the Galway running calendar,along with Tuam 8k and the Streets really looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Just came across your log tonight. Read it from start to finish.
    Jesus H Christ. Amazing.

Showed my wife your 1st post and last post - poles apart - what an inspiration.
    Your training and racing are going great.
    Best of luck next week in Galway.

Thanks Runningking its been a long slow recovery, great to be able to get out each evening and run a few miles.

Yet another bitterly cold and stormy day for a race my plan to run 65 mins might have to wait for another day.Every race since Christmas has been a bit on the chilly side.The atmosphere around the race HQ was buzzing,the huge crowd milling around added to the event.This was a seriously well organised race a real runners race,roads closed,bottles of water rather than cups,a rub down afterwards if required.
    A good warm up was next on the agenda before we got going.There were some serious operators at the front so i decided it was best to keep out of their,they looked like they would run you over.
    We hit the road just after 1 i got into a group of mostly familiar faces so we worked our way through the fast start and settled into the race.I felt the pace fast but comfortable.When we went through 3 miles in 17;14 which i was freaked out by.We rolled through 5 miles at 29;49 again i was a little worried by the pace, we turned into the teeth of the head wind and increased the work rateto try a maintain a decent tempo.At 10k i had lost my group going through in 37;26 my fastest 10k in 20 years.The pace was not so fast now because of the hills and wind but i felt i was working really hard.i decide to forget the watch and tried to catch a few guys in front of me.i very slowly reeled in 3 or 4 guys ,at 9 miles my time and position was called out i didnt get the time but my position was 25th,i was really chuffed at this.
    I pushed on with what i had left passed one other guy and finished 24th overall in a time of 1;02;19.delighted with time had a mountain of coffee an d buns afterwards.a great day,a great race well done Craughwell AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Fantastic time, great running in $hitty conditions.

Fantastic time, great running in $hitty conditions.
    It was a good test,I have a good idea where I am in terms of race fitness.time to start focusing on 5k season.

After a perlonged bout of Plantar Faciitis it's time to get back running.I felt my heel getting sore in early 2013.i ran craughwell 10 miler in late March and that was it my PF kicked in.so after months of physio,icing,stretching,cycling& strengthening I'm good to go.thanks to hoka one one & ascics Kensai runners.The last few weeks I've been running 3/4 times a week between 4 and 5 miles at 7:50/8:00 pace with a view to racing by Christmas.

Wed July 9th:4 miles at 7:45 pace,comfortable run no ill effects with my PF.Bike tomorrow

Advertisement