Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commute from Athlone to Limerick

• 21-04-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I m looking for someone to share a commute from athlone to limerick.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend daily public transport that would drop me off and collect near UL (drop off 8.30-9.00, collect 5.30-6.00) it would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Sorry m8, but thats a ridiculous commute. Move to Limerick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I did a 2 hour commute from Athlone to Ennis for two months ended up staying in digs much of the time, the journey did my block in so I gave up the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

nmurray wrote: »
    Hi, I m looking for someone to share a commute from athlone to limerick.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend daily public transport that would drop me off and collect near UL (drop off 8.30-9.00, collect 5.30-6.00) it would be great.

Thanks

Can't be done with them times. Earliest a train gets you there is 9:15 leaving a bit after 6AM; a 72 bus does the trip direct but it isn't in until almost half Ten. Getting home will see you arrive back at 7:25PM on the bus and 8:50PM on the train. Even driving, it will be 4 hours in the car a day so moving will be far easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

There is another route thats slighty quicker, but the road is not much better so its your choice.

Instead of taking a right turn in Borriskane staying on the N52 and going by birr.

go straight through the town and stay on the N65 for about 5 to 10miles and you will see an R road signposted for for Athlone. Can't remember the number of the route. But anyhoo its more straight and direct to Athlone. The downside the road is as bumpy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Still looking at a 2 hour journey either way mate. Like the guys say, renting would be much saner

• Advertisement

Judging by the lack of response, he's probably still walking!

Advertisement