Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

round roast

• 10-07-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I've taken a round roast out of the freezer for Sunday lunch but I've come to realise it's not the best cut for roasting. My uncle is coming up and I wanted to do a roast dinner because he's going through a tough time at the moment but that's not going to be suitable for the cut so would love some suggestions of how to use it.
    Thanks
    Niamh

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You could slow roast it with onion, carrot, celery and other root veg to maximise the tenderness?

Here is an example of a recipe :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In my experience the only way to end up with some moistness in a round roast is to cook it in a slow cooker. 10-15 minutes in a hot oven browns it nicely afterwards. If you haven't got a slow cooker you could cook it in a casserole dish in a low oven with a little stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Soak it either grapefruit or pineapple juice overnight before drying and slow roasting, the enzymes in the juice will help tenderise it. This works really well with any kind of off cut

Advertisement