Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Anyone else feeling buyers remorse yet?

Nope, I absolutely love it. Most annoying thing is battery life, and wanting to play when I've forgotten to charge it. Sure it was expensive, but I've already used it about 10 time more than my 3ds, which was half the price, so does that mean it was 5 times better value?

Either way, the twin analogues just make it so full of win! I don't even think the launch titles have fulfilled it's potential yet so plenty to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

No.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:D Didn't think so, only fault is the damn loading times. It looks and feels so good, I may even buy another one. 3g this time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D Didn't think so, only fault is the damn loading times. It looks and feels so good, I may even buy another one. 3g this time.

No recession for you anyway :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had it with the 3DS after a week. I'm still surprised how much I'm playing the Vita. It's a bit of a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Absolutely not which is amazing considering that I'm not one to keep playing consoles now. This is just amazing though and I can't wait for more money to buy more titles for it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

none at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Getting mine Thursday.. cant wait!

Got a 50e PSN card today. I am thinking of getting super stardust delta, motor rc and mutant blob at the moment. Any other suggestions? Also want an rpg PSP game such as monster hunter or final fantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The complete opposite with me anyway. Buyers glee would be probably the most accurate. I love it. I've been playing it more in the last few weeks than my PS3 until Mass Effect came out. Even then I was wishing ME3 was on the Vita so I could play it while TV was on in the background and stuff. It's my console of choice at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The complete opposite with me anyway. Buyers glee would be probably the most accurate. I love it. I've been playing it more in the last few weeks than my PS3 until Mass Effect came out. Even then I was wishing ME3 was on the Vita so I could play it while TV was on in the background and stuff. It's my console of choice at the moment.
    +1. i use mine every day

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Getting mine Thursday.. cant wait!

Got a 50e PSN card today. I am thinking of getting super stardust delta, motor rc and mutant blob at the moment. Any other suggestions? Also want an rpg PSP game such as monster hunter or final fantasy

CORPSE PARTY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mutant blob is just fantastic if they put it in a box and sold it through brick and mortars I would have payed 30 for it:) that's how good it is

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Helix wrote: »
    been played more than any other console since i got it
    +1 to that and I been on consoles since the Megadrive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I am loving the console, playing it every day. But....... I find myself going back to my DSI more and more very day. But thats only because they announced a new pokemon game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

cloud493 wrote: »
    I am loving the console, playing it every day. But....... I find myself going back to my DSI more and more very day. But thats only because they announced a new pokemon game :pac:

Why would you go back to a console simply because a game has been announced but is probably months away from release? :confused:

No buyers remorse here just wish I had more time to play it!

I would when its pokemon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

RPGs to get now are the Ys series for €10 each, Lunar for €13, Persona 1 for €10, Gods Eater Burst also €10 and Pokemon Vita;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i play it almost every day and surprisingly i am still with those 3 games i had in the beginning. still got 55eu to spend in psn store, so i am waiting for mortal kombat!!!!
    i even threw my 3ds back in to the box, as i havent touched it even once since i got vita. not that i played much since i got 3ds anyway...

Are there any good 3D Action RPGs in the PSP store? I like Monster Hunter a lot, but really don't like those turn based Japanese RPGs with drawn out stories and boring conversations, they do my head in.

Stuff along the lines of Monster Hunter on the PSP, or Demon's Souls and Reckoning on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Grayditch wrote: »
    Stuff along the lines of Monster Hunter on the PSP, or Demon's Souls and Reckoning on PS3.

Not sure about PSP titles but it sounds like you are looking for Warrior's Lair [formally known as Ruin]. Dungeon Defenders will also be released soon for the Vita.

I am expecting a huge number of titles to be announced at this year's E3.

Yeah, just had a look at Warrior's Lair, that could be good.

Any RPG without having to skip hundreds of pages of text between two skinny lads with pink hair, and I'll probably buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yeah, just had a look at Warrior's Lair, that could be good.

Any RPG without having to skip hundreds of pages of text between two skinny lads with pink hair, and I'll probably buy it.

Not RPGs but certainly try both the god of war psp titles if you haven't already. Kratos most definitely isen't a skinny lad with pink hair :p

Are there any good 3D Action RPGs in the PSP store? I like Monster Hunter a lot, but really don't like those turn based Japanese RPGs with drawn out stories and boring conversations, they do my head in.

Gods Eater Burst

I want final fantasy X :mad: hurry up Square.

I have all the God Of War games, I love them.

God Eater, is that directly controlled combat, or 'I choose slash attack' then watch the animation jobbie?

I have all the God Of War games, I love them.

God Eater, is that directly controlled combat, or 'I choose slash attack' then watch the animation jobbie?

directly controlled, like monster hunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

caspa307 wrote: »
    Gods Eater Burst

Gameplay. Looks good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement