Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

rubadub wrote: »
    I would rate them pretty equal. The tesco ones are 55% chicken, the birds eye are 50%.

Not sure what your "versus" thing is about there, both birds eye and tesco dippers are simlarly made from chopped & shaped 100% chicken breast.

Where did you find Tesco dippers are made from 100% breast?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

erkifino wrote: »
    Where did you find Tesco dippers are made from 100% breast?
    Front of the packet of ones I bought yesterday.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=Tesco%20Battered%20Chicken%20Dippers%20(20%20per%20pack%20-%20450g)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I was using the info from the Tesco site. I guess Birdseye have better marketing "versus" Tesco. Usually if it doesn't state 100% chicken breast it usually misc chicken.

@K-9 Rotisserie chicken is where it's at!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=remote+thomas&authToken=

161-9152667SPA80UC1449901M.jpg
    €22.49 in Argos, reduced to €6.99 in Tesco. White label, good bit of stock about.

The only bargain I've seen in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

doublepost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Should this not be a Tesco bargain alert?
    I'm sure if we were all to use Argos as a price comparison and post about where items are cheaper then this thread would be very congested.

Later today, when you read that back , you will realise that you just posted nonsense.

The item is €6.99 in Tesco. for comparison it is €22.49 in Argos

It's pretty cleat that if you were in the market for one, that the bargain is in Tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

CH3OH wrote: »
    Later today, when you read that back , you will realise that you just posted nonsense.

The item is €6.99 in Tesco. for comparison it is €22.49 in Argos

It's pretty cleat that if you were in the market for one, that the bargain is in Tesco.
    My apologies, I'm still half asleep, had two tabs open on my phone the Tesco thread and the Argos thread and got confused. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

with thanks to CH30H, I picked up some of the uncle bens high fibre rice in Tescos Balbriggan this evening. mine was the 500g box and cost 74c (there were boxes of it on regular rice shelf and boxes on the clearance shelf near the crisps)

248974.jpg?v=2

Twice the Fibre Rice is not what it appears to be in the large print. Read the ingredients - the ones in small print.

A significant proportion of the grains are not rice kernels at all but are instead formed pellets of pea flour and rice flour. IIRC it's more than 30% by weight. The dry pellets look quite like rice. The cooked pellets look a bit like discoloured rice but they REALLY don't smell or taste like rice. They smell and taste like sweepings from the floor.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Callaway 12 lake balls are scanning at 1 cent. Some packs have a new barcode
    stuckover the original barcode.. It is only the original barcode scanning at 1
    cent.

Scanning at €12.40 in Stillorgan :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

314791.png314792.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Twice the Fibre Rice is not what it appears to be in the large print. Read the ingredients - the ones in small print.

A significant proportion of the grains are not rice kernels at all but are instead formed pellets of pea flour and rice flour. IIRC it's more than 30% by weight. The dry pellets look quite like rice. The cooked pellets look a bit like discoloured rice but they REALLY don't smell or taste like rice. They smell and taste like sweepings from the floor.

ugh :eek:. . . I haven't opened either of my 2 packets yet.

So there was a reason why this product was reduced, thanks for letting me know. I stupidly though it was less processed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

ugh :eek:. . . I haven't opened either of my 2 packets yet.

So there was a reason why this product was reduced, thanks for letting me know. I stupidly though it was less processed or something.

Yep. That's what we thought as well, until halfway through cooking it.

Pile lots of curry sauce on it and put a clothes-peg on your nose. At least it'll keep you regular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Dubl07 wrote: »

the price is shocking too even if it was rice ... a 1kg of rice should cost roughly 1.19 euro .... not 6 euro or whatever it claimed to be originally for 500g... which puts a 1kg of this muck at 12 or 13 euro

very late edit : 50 or 60 cent a Kg in Tesco in the North ... so truly we get ripped off here

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Not sure if it's been posted already but I picked up a 2D Cell Cree Tesco own brand torch for E11 yesterday in Tesco Lisduggan, Waterford. Previously it was E21. Its not "yellow labelled" as a bargain instore but the checkout assistant knew it was half price as I did ask her to check the price before putting it through. Nice torch by all accounts - not top quality compared to really dear ones I've seen, but still very serviceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I posted in another thread that 100 DVD+R spindle is €6.24. Smaller packs are lot more expensive. Normal white SEL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I can't seem to find the Tesco vouchers thread (if anyone would like to enlighten me).

Supervalu Lucan have mailshot the entire area with spend 50 Euro get a tenner off vouchers, valid until the end of the month- and valid in Tesco, under their competitor's vouchers scheme.

If you got mail crap in your door in the Lucan area yesterday/today- it probably has one of these vouchers in it somewhere......

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I can't seem to find the Tesco vouchers thread (if anyone would like to enlighten me).

Supervalu Lucan have mailshot the entire area with spend 50 Euro get a tenner off vouchers, valid until the end of the month- and valid in Tesco, under their competitor's vouchers scheme.

If you got mail crap in your door in the Lucan area yesterday/today- it probably has one of these vouchers in it somewhere......

Allow me kind sir

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057159317

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Some BBQ and garden stuff half price in Balinasloe and Athlone anyways. Picked up a miniature charcoal BBQ for €11, chimney starter for €4.50 and some of the master chef tools for around a fiver each (they look good quality anyways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Tesco in Cashel (co. Tipperary) is doing 25% of all meat fish and poultry.

It is not online on tesco.ie so seems it's not every Tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dole tinned pineapple 227g 39c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snubbleste wrote: »

thats good, and they are in pineapple juice. Some fruits are in syrup or other juices like cheaper apple juice.

Tescos own brand are strangely priced, the rings are 66c and the chunks are 95c. The 66c rings are 432g, so slightly less per gram than dole, the small tin suits me better though and dole are probably better.

The same tesco range have 227g for 83c! big tin is cheaper.

Tesco Pineapple Slices In Natural Juice 432G
    €0.66 (€2.55/kg)

Tesco Pineapple Slices Natural Juice 227G
    €0.83 (€6.11/kg)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Got them the other day, They were pretty good and perfect size for snacks or breakfast servings.

Opened a big tin from Aldi yesterday ( I may be the week eating them)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Arklow has tins of refried beans @ 32c reduced from over a euro (I cant recall the actual price now). They are down in the reduced area at the toilet roll

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Been following this thread for months and have picked up a few bargains cos of it! Cheers for the pineapple heads up....will have to pick up a few when I'm shopping tomorrow. If I open a large tin most of it goes in the bin cos I only want a small bit, but the rest in the fridge and find it three weeks later when its no longer at its freshest :O

Arklow has tins of refried beans @ 32c reduced from over a euro (I cant recall the actual price now). They are down in the reduced area at the toilet roll

Apt location......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Crazy deals this week:

315615.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's good for the 7-Up. I often see 2 for €3 so that's a definite bargain.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Spotted this in Clarehall last night.

stevek93 wrote: »
    Spotted this in Clarehall last night.

What is it? I know it says' "Chunky Bounce Mat"- is that something you'd use for cleaning the floor with (going by the picture of the mop?) Just curious- I genuinely don't know what it is......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

What is it? I know it says' "Chunky Bounce Mat"- is that something you'd use for cleaning the floor with (going by the picture of the mop?) Just curious- I genuinely don't know what it is......

A mat for wiping feet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement