Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Had interview a week ago - no news yet

Options
  • 19-04-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Ok, I had an interview last Friday for a teaching position (post primary). At the end of the interview I asked when they will have made a decision by and was told Monday.

So now here I am a full week past the interview and haven't heard anything. Am I right in thinking it's highly unlikely I have got the job.

Should I expect a letter stating as much sometime next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Jane98 wrote: »
    Ok, I had an interview last Friday for a teaching position (post primary). At the end of the interview I asked when they will have made a decision by and was told Monday.

So now here I am a full week past the interview and haven't heard anything. Am I right in thinking it's highly unlikely I have got the job.

Should I expect a letter stating as much sometime next week?

I think it's safe to assume at this point that you didn't get the job unfortunately. They should write to you to confirm that but increasingly these days they don't even bother to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

if its a final interview, then you would most probably get a letter either way however you probably didn't get the job. Having said that, they might be getting no.1 to say yes or no and you are no.2 and waiting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Ok, it's now 11 days later and still nothing.

At this stage I am incredibly disappointed not by the obvious rejection but by the (in my opinion) rudeness of the situation. In my opinion it shows a complete lack of respect for the amount of time, energy and of course the cost involved in the preparation for interview and also in attending for interview.

Aaaaah!!!! Maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭doc_17

You haven't received a letter of rejection yet either. Unlikely you were their first choice but a small chance that he/she might reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Clairey__

I have been in your position, was told a decision would be made and that I would be informed either way. I never heard back, when I rang to get feedback from the interview I was told that they would ring me back. . . . . 7 months later I won't hold my breath!

I think it is incredibly rude to not let someone know either way, especially when so much effort and time and money(I had to present a lesson with resources for the interview!) went in. But as others have said this is how it is. I do hope you hear one way or the other as it is incredibly frustrating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement