Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doughiska bus stop, bus 409

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can somebody please tell me where is the bus stop at Doughiska for bus 409 going from Parkmore Industrial Estate to Eyre Square ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

There is one just up from centra, then one further up by garran ard and then another past that...think there is at least one more before centra

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Map here, I don't know how exact it is but should give you a reasonable idea where stops are.
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/02/bus-service-409-parkmore-via-doughiska.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 master.haquo

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    There is one just up from centra, then one further up by garran ard and then another past that...think there is at least one more before centra
    You mean the bus stop on the left side when going out from centra yes ?

ok so from the map there are two when you turn onto doughiska rd going towards centra, then one a bit across from centra, one further up from that and another one just before garran ard and then one more after garran ard..

Yes if you are turning right to go towards the dublin road from centra the stop is on your left

Edit: reading that again doesnt even make sense to me!

Say you are coming out of centra..you must cross the road to get to the bus stops that get you to eyre sq..if you stay on the same side of the road as centra you will end up back at parkmore

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Map here, I don't know how exact it is but should give you a reasonable idea where stops are.
    http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/02/bus-service-409-parkmore-via-doughiska.html
    Yes i seen it before. I find it very confusing it looks like the bus has 22 stops. Or is that correct, because i thought it has only 5 stops

Yes if you are turning right to go towards the dublin road from centra the stop is on your left

Edit: reading that again doesnt even make sense to me!

Say you are coming out of centra..you must cross the road to get to the bus stops that get you to eyre sq..if you stay on the same side of the road as centra you will end up back at parkmore
    is this it ?20qltsn.png

Ahmm that data is 4 years old but there are clearly marked bus stops on the side of the road you need to be on..most of them even have shelters now
    and yes it does have that many stops but you have to realise some of them are on the way to parkmore and the others are on the way back..
    where in doughiska are you coming from and then i can tell you exactly what the nearest one to you is

Ahmm that data is 4 years old but there are clearly marked bus stops on the side of the road you need to be on..most of them even have shelters now
    and yes it does have that many stops but you have to realise some of them are on the way to parkmore and the others are on the way back..
    where in doughiska are you coming from and then i can tell you exactly what the nearest one to you is
    Thanks for patience. I live in Fearann Ri

Ok so walk toward the doughiska Rd. and cross it. There should be one literally in front of you

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot :D

No worries

Advertisement