Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

ProMods support was added recently to it's multiplayer version from TruckersMP.

ETS2 also has the Renault T range along with more new own-able trailers added with the latest version.

I just finished watching this video on Youtube just now. It was uploaded on Christmas Day a few weeks ago. Your man in this video shows us how to drift with his Logitech G920 steering wheel. He had turned off differential lock in his old Scania while he did this video. He also uses ETS2 version 1.33 which is not the current version.

This guy is really good at drifting. He didn't crash into other vehicles while out on the road.

Although he had a few close calls with some of them. He missed them.

Phew! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Can you really call this drifting, when in snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Would this game not benefit from a subscription model option? There's a lot of DLC and then there's the US version. Seems like the kinda player base would be happy to get everything + more support with a cheap monthly fee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Possibly but DLC is dirt cheap and it has top class support as it is.
    Also how would that work with steam workshop.

Im not sure how a live service would work, would be cool to have events etc but communities already have their own servers with events happening.
    I think the community are more than happy as it is right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's €200 to have everything but I get what you mean. Just the option might be worth it. Workshop could still function with it. Similar to when Cities Skylines or other such games go free for a weekend as a timed demo. People can install the game and use workshop mods all they like. Steam deactivates it when the free time is up. Subscription could work just the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

For would be new players yeah it would be nice but longterm players are happy as is id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's €200 to have everything but I get what you mean.

Bear in mind, that €200 figure also includes all the extra cosmetic stuff such as branded trailers, branded tyres, and lots and lots of paint jobs.
    The base game plus map expansions alone is only €120, plus during sales all that goes for 70% off too.
    On top of that, there's occasional limited-time bundles that can give you an extra discount - I know they had one during the Xmas sale.

Very different to the likes of EU4 (or anything else Paradox) where you absolutely have to buy most of the €300+ of DLC since most of them make fundamental gameplay changes to the base game.

Some of the younger F1 drivers have now begun playing ETS2 via their Twitch streams.

https://drivetribe.com/p/f1-2020-drivers-give-up-bucket-C0OHQtijT6OXGNgzKuptDQ?iid=UNqbdSdxQIODvBHRvuUfpQ

Charles LeClerc & George Russell have had some game via TruckersMP to date.

There are other F1 drivers like Lando Norris, Alexander Albion & Nicholas Latifi playing it as well.

If any of you are both F1 & ETS2 fans and see these guys in the game during these strange times. You could give them a shout out on behalf of Boards.

Official Convoy Multiplayer Mode has been added to version 1.41 of both ETS2 & ATS this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Sorry for dragging up an old thread is anyone still playing this? Im on it about 2 weeks now, have about 25 trucks. Is there any way of getting the skill level up faster? Im only on level 3 so can buy only a elect few trucks.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

I still enjoy both this and American truck simulator. When I started i found this guide very useful. Pay attention to the order of skills assignment It definitely helps.

The link is in my next post.

Post edited by Mac B on

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Did anyone take part or watch the TruckersMP Halloween event last weekend? I was watching the twitch livestream of it over the 2 days. I thought it was a very good event. There was about 1,000 players taking part in the convoy on Saturday which was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Can someone explain to me in a simple way how I can get and install the Promods Irish map? Im on the latest version of the game from steam.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Steam are having a week long sale for ETS2 & ATS until November 22nd. If you don't have Washington State DLC yet in your steam library; it's on sale for €3.59.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would love if this came to console.

*Cruising down the Autobahn in a MAN TGX hauling a tilt full of bog roll.*

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EthanL13

Hey! Just came across this topic, had no idea it existed. Will have a quick read through, but in case ye didn't know ProMods (a map mod which adds many new cities and countries, including Ireland) is reworking Ireland :D https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?p=333012#p333012

There is also a relatively new map mod which (so far) adds the rest of the M18 + M17, to Tuam - https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293450 The creator is currently working on Cork and Clifden.

I am a ProMods dev (although I do only make signs, mapping isn't my thing :P), so if ye have any questions feel free to ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 752611716

It is a bummer that the Russia DLC will be delayed :( (not at all comparable to the lousy invasion of Ukraine, ofc)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EthanL13

(See 0:57 for the important stuff 😛)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

-|-

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

Advertisement