Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Make up recommendations.

• 19-09-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Hello all.
    It was my birthday a little while ago so I have lots of money, (well, about eighty quid) to spend on make-up. The only problem is I have absolutely no idea what I should buy.I love make-up but just can't think of anything I want, Anyway I was just wondering did anyone have any recommendations?
    Red/Blonde Hair. Blue eyes. Normal to dry skin.
    Advice wanted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some MAC fake eyelashes and glue. Not exactly make up, but very striking for a night out. They have some natural ones and some for trannies so have a good look at which ones you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Fake eyelashes..?!

Spiderlegs try stuff you haven't before, I guess. Mousse foundation and eyeshadow, different eyeliner, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Buy a really good foundation. Be picky - go to a few counters and get samples and recommendations. Probably the two that get mentioned the most on this forum are Armani's HydraGlow and Estée Lauder Double Wear, so you might want to check those out. Get a great blusher too; something like Benefit's Dandelion that will completely light up your face.

Alternatively if you're not sure what makeup to buy you could get some products that are meant to make your make-up look better; something like Dr. Feelgood by Benefit or Clarins Beauty Balm Flash are meant to make your skin look shiny and healthy (although I've always found the Beauty Balm Flash to be totally overrated, but other people seem to swear by it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

Get Dior Foundation. Your skin will feel baby soft when you put it on. Smashbox primer again baby soft skin! Get a double mascara with the white lash extender and use the black/brown for daytime and load on the white and black/brown for nighttime! False eyelashes when goin out are a bit of a risk.. my graduation I got them and they fell off by the end of the night not such a good look for pics! And they were put on professionally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

Get Dior Foundation. Your skin will feel baby soft when you put it on. Smashbox primer again baby soft skin! Get a double mascara with the white lash extender and use the black/brown for daytime and load on the white and black/brown for nighttime! False eyelashes when goin out are a bit of a risk.. my graduation I got them and they fell off by the end of the night not such a good look for pics! And they were put on professionally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

You don't have to spend loads of money on make up either though....for eyeliners, mascara, powder, eyeshadow etc I think Rimmell and L'Oreal are really good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Yves St Laurent Faux Cils mascara - its amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

chanel inimitable mascara - seriously amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

You could always get a consultation at make-up counter and thus get your make-up done professionally. It'll allow you to see what looks good before you splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Estee Lauder Idealist is expensive but makes your skin feel wonderful. It's a skin refiner or something, I use it under foundation when I can afford it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Stargal wrote:
    something like Dr. Feelgood by Benefit or Clarins Beauty Balm Flash.

Both crap.
    Highbeam by benefit is a makeup bag staple and will look gorgeous on your skintone.
    And you cant go wrong with a lancome foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Big thankie yous for the helping...
    think I'm gonna make my way to a benefit counter and get some stuff there-, and then maybe...mac and lancome and armani...oh I'm gonna have some fun tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

Mac foundation and powder defo, dont buy foundation without loose powder your make always seems unfinished without both and benefit for blusher

Advertisement