Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abroad Forum Charter

• 08-08-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Abroad Forum.

What does 'Abroad' cover?

'Abroad' in this context counts for 'anywhere that isn't included in the 32 counties'.

What's the difference between this and Travel/Holidays under Recreation?

The Abroad forum was created to be a source of information for posters who are currently, were, or want to be, living abroad, as opposed to just visiting.

I want to know some good places to see in Berlin - does that go in here or in Travel/Holidays?

That's a valid thread for this forum, because some Berlin-Dwellers may have a valuable insight into what you could do while you're there.

Okay, but I'm going to Berlin this weekend. Where'll I post that thread?

That should really go in Travel/Holidays.

So what sort of stuff DO you talk about in here?

The price of tea in China... literally. We talk about living abroad, working abroad, gaining access to foreign countries to live and work, different cultures, culture shock - this is the forum for how you get a work permit, as opposed to which backpack you purchase. If you want to know how to container ship your furniture, job hunt before, during and after your move, select a destination, find a place to live, figure out where not to live, so on and so forth, this is the forum for you.

Spamming, trolling, personal abuse and txt spk are not permitted on this forum and will be treated with anything from deletion to a potential ban for the user (durations from one week to permanent banning). The moderators' decisions are final. If you want to appeal to a higher order, please use the Feedback Forum under the System Category.

Update - 28/03/07

Information about how to obtain visas by any method other than that described on the country's official government website will not be tolerated. Nor will statements such as "My aunt's friend's daughter's teacher said you can do this...". Bans will be handed out without warning for false or illegal information posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement