Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky +, RTE, & incorrect "now & next"

Options
  • 15-03-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone seen this before?:

Last night about 11pm I happened to tune to RTE, to see a very interesting interview with (the late) Dave Allen, conducted by (the late) Mary Holland. However, somewhat ironically, the "now" banner showed "The Late Late Show". (I'm not making this up).

I watched 'til about 12midnight, fell asleep in the chair, woke up at about 12:20, and it was still on. I decided to press record, knowing that I would then get the full program - back to where I had tuned in - and would be able to pick where I left off another time. The record process kicked in straight away, so I went to bed safe in the knowledge that I would see the end of what was, as I said a really interesting interview, at a time of my own choosing.
    Tonight I came home and checked the SKY + planner, had a chuckle at the sight of the "The Late Late" showing up where it had never ventured before, before the smile was abruptly wiped off my face when I found that all 121 mins recorded were a repeat of Pat Kenny's tripe from last week!
    Where is the interview with Dave Allen gone? Any ideas?
    (..and let's steer clear of the cheap and obvious "paranormal" route!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

epg glich, happens sometimes, the box has the next programme showing on the epg so your basicly telling it to record the late late, its as iff you pressed right a couple of times to 2 hours ahead and pressed R, only this time the error was this was done for you, all you had to do was press Record.

General error, no biggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

would this be fixed if RTE updated the Now & NExt banner when the program ACTUALLY finnished, and not at its scheduled time

dmeehan wrote:
    would this be fixed if RTE updated the Now & NExt banner when the program ACTUALLY finnished, and not at its scheduled time
    AFAIK, the info is sent to sky to process in to their EPG, but i could be wrong
    Could vary well be some lazy people in RTE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BBC and Sky can do late changes to the info on the EPG, no reason why RTÉ can't hire someone to do the very same thing

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've noticed that many channels have programs starting early !
    London FTV card and stuff set to auto view mises the titles sometimes

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    BBC and Sky can do late changes to the info on the EPG, no reason why RTÉ can't hire someone to do the very same thing
    You would be lucky if RTE fork out a cent for that.

but they should seeing as they cant keep to their own schedule

Mossy Monk wrote:
    but they should seeing as they cant keep to their own schedule
    There just lazy :rolleyes:

not lazy, useless is a better word

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I was once told (by someone in sky) that RTE send the EPG info two weeks before the programs are shown, this leads to a load of problems for RTE with late and over running or changes to programming but they wont send it any closer to the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

god's toy wrote:
    I was once told (by someone in sky) that RTE send the EPG info two weeks before the programs are shown, this leads to a load of problems for RTE with late and over running or changes to programming but they wont send it any closer to the time.

I believe that. I use DigiGuide on my PC. It's electronic TV guide software. But RTÉ never have updates for late changes on it, whereas other channels do. I assume DigiGuide would get late changes in a similar manner to Sky for their EPG.

Advertisement