Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

• 13-07-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

just seen on the bbc newsline that yesterday a loyalist band stoped at a catholic church to sing the famine song and to have a little march. wtf is wrong with these people, and they claim there not sectarian.

dont know how to upload links, maybe someone else could

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hoped this would be about fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

john why wrote: »

Typical catholic work ethic.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

They live to provoke Catholics/republicans because they have nothing better to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

just seen on the bbc newsline that yesterday a loyalist band stoped at a catholic church to sing the famine song and to have a little march. wtf is wrong with these people, and they claim there not sectarian.

Winnin hearts and minds as ever....
    A loyalist band has been filmed stopping to play loyalist tunes outside a Catholic church in north Belfast.
    The incident happened at St Patrick's Church on Donegall Street during the Twelfth of July parade on Thursday.
    The band - wearing Shankill YCV uniforms - was recorded walking around in circles outside the church by two different people.
    At the end of one of the videos, the person recording it is confronted and threatened by members of another band.
    At one point the band was playing the music of "the famine song", an anti-Catholic song which originated in Glasgow.
    The famine song is played to the music of the Beach Boys' Sloop John B, but replaces the chorus "I feel so broke up, I wanna go home" with "The famine is over, why don't you go home?".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18829447

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

They are absolute scum of the earth. Is this an example of the "culture" they expect us to respect?

videos here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

This is an absolute disgrace. To think after coming this far we still have these bigots acting in such a juvenile, threatening and sectarian manner is beyond comprehension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bans all round then?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

are these the same lads coming down to dublin, they belong in a zoo

Marchin a circle outside a catholic church playing sectarian shite.....all very 16th century. Just the thing to have in the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

mike65 wrote: »
    Bans all round then?
    why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I like Sloop John B but I couldn't imagine Brian Wilson singing about the famine. Then again Wilson is a bit of a Proddy name so you never know.

Even though the Orangeman is nearly extinct, my nephew and other children are fond of the zoo, so no. Feeding them to the animals in the zoo would doubtless poison the poor creatures, so I'm afraid thats out as well.

Wattle wrote: »
    I like Sloop John B but I couldn't imagine Brian Wilson singing about the famine. Then again Wilson is a bit of a Proddy name so you never know.

Hopefully thats an attempt at humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Feed them to the lions? I like your style!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

I hope there is a special place reserved in hell for each and every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's pathetic. It's as if they know the jig is up and the privilidged position that they once had in society will never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

daddydick wrote: »
    This is an absolute disgrace. To think after coming this far we still have these bigots acting in such a juvenile, threatening and sectarian manner is beyond comprehension.

Nice milkman caps though, and clearly a boost to the Donegal shillelagh industry. I say let them do their sychronised walking and Beach Boys covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

They are scum of the earth, absolutely take over Belfast so they do with their little shitty marches. If you're not part of it, then you're told to stay in your homes... Awful so it is.

There was absolutely no call for marching outside that church, that wasn't on a parade route and was totally unnecessary. It was just sheer provocation and vindictiveness on their part.

I hope the Parades Commission does something about it but probably nothing will come of it. Really is a disgrace to see that kind of bigotry in this day and age.

Have to laugh at the BBC for their completely unbiased and objective portrayal of the Orange Order et al. with this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18769781
    (Watch the video if you can).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Bunch of fucking pricks.

Is this what the 'useful idiots' of the south want to welcome onto the streets of the Capital?

Bunch of fucking pricks.

Is this what the 'useful idiots' of the south want to welcome onto the streets of the Capital?

No, let them have these bastards march around Dublin and see how they fucking like it for a day.

It's a public holiday up here, but there's no holiday atmosphere just intimidation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Nodin wrote: »
    Hopefully thats an attempt at humour.

Well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hopefully those videos show the Sindo type posters here what the Loyalist bands(they'd welcome them in Dublin) are really like, open their eyes, kinda education.

El Siglo wrote: »

It's a public holiday up here, but there's no holiday atmosphere just intimidation.

You should go down south like every other sensible holiday freeloading pan-nationalist fronter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

El Siglo wrote: »
    No, let them have these bastards march around Dublin and see how they fucking like it for a day.

It's trolling the nationalist people of the north though. It must be bewildering for people who've had to endure this bollocks for years watching it being welcomed to the capital.

alastair wrote: »
    You should go down south like every other sensible holiday freeloading pan-nationalist fronter.

Why the fuck should I? I live here and have as much right to stay here as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It all reminds me of this:

Intimidating people with a marching band is ghey.

It's trolling the nationalist people of the north though. It must be bewildering for people who've had to endure this bollocks for years watching it being welcomed to the capital.

It used to be worse years ago when it went on for about two weeks and instead of two days.

I'm all for embracing a tolerant, open society but welcoming an organisation founded on sectarianism is totally stupid and blind. Not everything should be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hoped this would be about fruit.

Fruit-cakes close enough?:confused:

tbh the marching/bands/provocation loses all it's impact if you choose to ignore it, or allow it right into the devilish heart of popery. If it doesn't provoke a response it become rather less appealling to the bigots. The parades might never be an inclusive affair, but they certainly used to be non-contentious - and they can be again.

I've enjoyed the odd march in Derry - it's mostly high camp if you ignore the antagonists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Woah woah woah woah....

There's sectarianism in Ireland now! :eek::confused:
    You appear to be confused, the North of Ireland is in the hands of Grand Bretagne, the French colony. That would make it a different country entirely. Sadly the Muppets Responsible see no particular reason to stop the natives fighting one another, since this perpetuates the rule of said Muppets, in a sorry trend of miserable mismanagement that has been the hallmark of british rule throughout its wretched history.

Advertisement