Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boyfriend and STI check

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Bollocks/ It's a little bit uncomfortable for 2-3 seconds. Where'd you have it done?

Im not very good with pain, ive a real low threshold. Had it done in a gum clinic in swansea (Wales) about 18 months ago . If there is ever a need for another one they can chop the auld lad off. I dont fancy going through it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

when my fella had it done (7years ago), he was petrified, but he came out and said it was fine, just a bit uncomfortable, he had a bottle to provide urine sample, when into toilet, came out about 5 mins later white. i asked what was wrong and he said it stung, but that worse was he was like a child and couldnt aim correctly so he had to clean up the floor after himself and thought they were after breaking it, im still LOL,

Sorry lads, but we ladies should have smear swab every 1-2 years, although in this country its more like 5-6 years, so if I want you to get a cotton bud test down the old japseye, its not going to break my heart if you refuse, its my health in question, and i dont care if you say you slept with only 2 people before and 1 was a virgin, i dont know who or what they slept with, what kind of drugs they may or may have not been doing or what there partners were into before you.

OP you may be in the throws of young love, but take it from a lot of older and hopefully wiser people here, Men and Women lie at the start of relationships all the time, they lie about how many people they have slept with, they lie about cheating, they lie about using condoms. Untill your bf comits to protecting both your healths by getting tested or any future partner for that matter, untill you are in a long term commited faithfull relationship and you can trust him with your life, dont sleep with him unprotected. Because in the end of the day, it only takes one time to get a disease that can cost you your health, your fertility and ultimately your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In James' Hospital Gum Clinic, it's not that bad. They use small thingies and while it stings a bit, it's not that bad.

In the UK though when I got tested, it was horrible. Very painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

There are several way of testing i.e. Blood and the first pee of the day will catch most of the common diseases. (Which is what I got) I think the Umbrella trick is more for Gonorrhea where the sample has to be under the microscope almost immediately, they probably didn't test you for Gonorrhea because you weren't exhibiting any symptoms which is apparently always seen with the Gonorrhea virus. Well that's what I was told by a doctor anyway.
    It won't necessarily have have symtoms. My doc sent a swab to a lab so I don't think it needs to be under a microscope immediately either.

It's not a virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I'm not having sex with him, and he seems to prefer this to going to get tested. He has a phobia of doctors, even for normal stuff and he definitely doesn't want to get things poked 'down there'. I just don't know what to do!

I think that is totally unreasonable. While I'm not saying that the procedure is pleasant for men, it's not as bad for men as it is for women. If he is the cause by not getting tested he is putting you through unnecessary discomfort. My boyfriend had a test at my request early in our relationship, I just felt more comfortable knowing we both don't have anything. I think he's being unreasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement