Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

keithc83 wrote: »
    I don't think people said you were full of crap. I'm pretty sure they were just saying that the servers in the different regions would be staggered back online which is what will happen. Japan will get online first, then North America, after that Europe, Australia etc.
    As for the servers in those regions going down because of the amount of players getting online, i would not be surprised at all!
    t
    Even if it wasnt staggered timezones will ensure that everyone isn't back online all at once anyway,who's going to get up out of their bed at all hours of the morning just for a game?
    I presume it will be staggered and back online at unsociable hours in each region rather than a time when people would most likely be gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

cambo2008 wrote: »
    t
    Even if it wasnt staggered timezones will ensure that everyone isn't back online all at once anyway,who's going to get up out of their bed at all hours of the morning just for a game?
    I presume it will be staggered and back online at unsociable hours in each region rather than a time when people would most likely be gaming.

I will be leap from the duvet at anytime when psn is back; are you some type of Xbox player?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

lordlame wrote: »
    I will be leap from the duvet at anytime when psn is back; are you some type of Xbox player?!

I actually am having a little affair with the xbox at the moment,it's done nothing to convince me to stick with it or anything,only getting used to the controller now after two weeks and it seems to have a far higher percentage of whiny little kids,although maybe that's just modern warfare2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Please please please come back on today! Wifey going away tonight until tomorrow night and taking child with her.

Perfect for a marathon Battlefield session......

I miss Battlefield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

I just want to be running down that hill in Isla inocentes(BC2) shooting any mofo that gets in my way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

weiland79 wrote: »
    Please please please come back on today! Wifey going away tonight until tomorrow night and taadsking child with her.

Perfect for a marathon Battlefield session......

I miss Battlefield!
    Haha!!! wouldn't hold your breath, they haven't even posted an update since the 10th of may...maybe they're using the ostrich technique ,hoping the whole mess will be gone when they take their heads out of (their arses)the sand

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SeanQCitizen

keithc83 wrote: »
    I don't think people said you were full of crap. I'm pretty sure they were just saying that the servers in the different regions would be staggered back online which is what will happen. Japan will get online first, then North America, after that Europe, Australia etc.
    As for the servers in those regions going down because of the amount of players getting online, i would not be surprised at all!

I also suggested that it would be staggered and I cited the precedent of the MW2 map pack problems, that were denied in Chemical Ali style as not a problem even thought the system would not let you get them or add funds to you wallet thus not allowing you to use the shop and then told that even though nothing happened then it could never happen again. Presumably because they learned their lesson from it not happening the first time.

*sigh*

Why do I let myself get sucked in?

On the plus side I only have 2 more trophies to get for platinum in black ops. GOOOO me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

ben101 wrote: »
    Haha!!! wouldn't hold your breath, they haven't even posted an update since the 10th of may...maybe they're using the ostrich technique ,hoping the whole mess will be gone when they take their heads out of (their arses)the sand

I'm not. I can't see it coming on today either. I'm sure there will be some sort of announcent.

Trying to make do with MOH on the Box.

Just not cutting it tbh:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I also suggested that it would be staggered and I cited the precedent of the MW2 map pack problems, that were denied in Chemical Ali style as not a problem even thought the system would not let you get them or add funds to you wallet thus not allowing you to use the shop and then told that even though nothing happened then it could never happen again. Presumably because they learned their lesson from it not happening the first time.

*sigh*

Why do I let myself get sucked in?

On the plus side I only have 2 more trophies to get for platinum in black ops. GOOOO me! :)

See me, stab me, heal me and Sacrificial Lamb by any chance?
    Same here.

F1ngers wrote: »
    See me, stab me, heal me and Sacrificial Lamb by any chance?
    Same here.

No actuall, Date night and the one where you have to get to level 10 in combat training. I got those other 2 last night. I loaded up split screen and played on my own (Billy no mates, I know). When I got cross bow upgrade I got both characters into the teleporter (easier said than done) and when they re-spawned in the cinema lobby shot the other character and bingo. Took a few efforts though. The see me stab me one is easier. Hardest part is getting stupid knife.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

My exams are nearly finished so i'd say that its the ideal time to get a single player game while i'm waiting for this PSN situation to be sorted and of course LA Noire on Friday. :D Although maybe Sony are being completely silent to just surprise as it goes back online, doubtful though.... I remember when we assumed it'd be back by the end of the easter weeked. :rolleyes:

Corkfeen wrote: »
    My exams are nearly finished so i'd say that its the ideal time to get a single player game while i'm waiting for this PSN situation to be sorted and of course LA Noire on Friday. :D Although maybe Sony are being completely silent to just surprise as it goes back online, doubtful though.... I remember when we assumed it'd be back by the end of the easter weeked. :rolleyes:

How innocent we were back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The amount of people did not cause the problem that what i was saying not that there was no problem.

Varik wrote: »
    The amount of people did not cause the problem that what i was saying not that there was no problem.

Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Varik wrote: »

There is always a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

t

I don't sleep. I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

t

Gamers have waited so long for this to come back even unsociable hours won't stop that many getting online when its on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

I've been playing online LAN games through a program called xlinx, can't rank up or play wager match but it's a fix all the same :cool:

edit: it's called xlink kai

edit edit: here's the vid I used (you have to watch on Youtube so u can read the description)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It was posted before I think.I know that I seen it on Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

areu4real? wrote: »
    I've been playing online LAN games through a program called xlinx, can't rank up or play wager match but it's a fix all the same :cool:

edit edit: here's the vid I used (you have to watch on Youtube so u can read the description)

Is it difficult to do it via Wireless to your laptop, then wired to your Ps? (if that is the way you're doing it)

And also, is there many people online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

damn it wireless dont work

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Is it difficult to do it via Wireless to your laptop, then wired to your Ps? (if that is the way you're doing it)

And also, is there many people online?

I have wireless to the laptop and the laptop plugged into the ps3. Works perfectly. There is usually only 20 or 30 online in UK servers. Thats why I posted it here, try get more Irish players on. Maybe someone could set up a server

I have wireless to the laptop and the laptop plugged into the ps3. Works perfectly. There is usually only 20 or 30 online in UK servers. Thats why I posted it here, try get more Irish players on. Maybe someone could set up a server

hmm so it does work on wireless?....i got no wires to connect laptop to ps3 though :( :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Does this all mean that you cant get updates too?

I.e. if I were to buy a PS3 tomorrow, would I be able to do the hour(s) of updating required to ready it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The update servers are still there and active. I update God of War 3 there the day before yesterday. Not too sure if the firmware updates are available, but I'd imagine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Not too sure if the firmware updates are available, but I'd imagine so.

Updated two psp's with the new firmware yesterday , downloaded the new firmware via the psp's .

beyond a joke now it is, sony can suck my balls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Turned on Xbox360 for first time in ages. I preferred the dashboard layout and now chat is available without gold. I am now considering switching back to the 360 and giving up on PS3. Coming up to a month without online play and I need my escape from reality.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Turned on Xbox360 for first time in ages. I preferred the dashboard layout and now chat is available without gold. I am now considering switching back to the 360 and giving up on PS3. Coming up to a month without online play and I need my escape from reality.

never had a xbox but i wish i bloody did!...not saying i miss playng cod so much i wana buy a xbox just to play it but more cos im sick of the idiots running this "company" that ive played with since ive been like 5:mad: they bloody deserve EVERY fan they lose, if this happens again im selling my ps3 and never going back :)....until my xbox gets RROD :L:L:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just on Twitter now
    PS3 System Software Update is now live http://bit.ly/mahEYV

Advertisement