Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MNSCI Christmas Shoot December 5th & 6th

Options
  • 22-11-2015 8:33pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The second of the two weekend Christmas shoots being held in the MNSCI will be on the weekend of December 5th & December 6th.

The shoots for Saturday and Sunday will be 1,000 yard Benchrest, Open Pistol Competition, Open Sporting Rifle. Details of the shoots are as follows:

Saturday, December 5th 2015

Benchrest rifle competition
    • 9 am start
    • 2 sighters
    • Best 5 shot group wins
    • Seated position, front rest & back rest/bag allowed.

Open, Bullseye Style, Pistol Competition.
    • Bullseye targets
    • Plates
    • More details to follow

Sunday, December 6th 2015

Sporting Rifle Competition
    • 11 am start
    • Distance will be 600yards
    • Snap targets and plates
    • 223 class and open class
    • No HME rounds
    • Prone position
    • FRont bipod or sandbag, NO back rest/bag
    • 30+ rounds needed

Anyone seeking any other details can contact JP on 086 8232641
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Any idea of the distances being shot on Sunday?

Also what will the entry fee be?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

patsat wrote: »
    Any idea of the distances being shot on Sunday?

Also what will the entry fee be?

Sporting Rifle will be shot @ 600yds and the entry fee is €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorry, been away most of the day. As above it's on their FB page. All at 600 yards and entry fee is as per FB page.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

Changed again I see...

Sorry for misinformation, I was just passing on what JP told me on the phone earlier.

• Advertisement

Better bring the rain gear for tomorrow! How were the conditions up there today? I presume its still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

How went the day.Courtsey of that storm yesterday I and no doubt many others couldnt make it?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    How went the day.Courtsey of that storm yesterday I and no doubt many others couldnt make it?

It was a great day, I think I heard someone say 17 shooters. The weather was perfect, literally no wind!

Although I would have preferred a bit of wind to keep it challenging! Myself and Paul Dowling scored 27/30 hits to take 1st and 2nd place, he pipped me to 1st on a count back. Definitely a format that could be a competitive and enjoyable one, plenty of lads on the line with rifles well up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well congrats to you Pat and to Paul:D:D,and to the others who made it up and got to shoot. Any of the SA lads make it up to shoot?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

No SA's on the line, but some top class rifles there all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement