Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anno 2070

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pages not found for me. :confused:

I loved the last few games, though I thought the Venice expansion was lacking of extra features. Day one buy for me though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pages not found for me. :confused:

I loved the last few games, though I thought the Venice expansion was lacking of extra features. Day one buy for me though!

Damn dunno whats wrong with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

Hey, this might be very interesting. Cannot open the page too and cannot find any other infos on the web.
    I also loved the previous games, let's hope this one is good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭BULLER

The war aspect would add a massive new dimension to gameplay. It has to be implemented well though, its a big ask but i hope they pull it off! Looks like a very promising game

I've preorded the collectors edition on amazon :)

so anyone getting this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm gonna wait until the reviews come out. I don't really have enough time to play everything at the moment so unless the reviews are mind-blowing, it'll be a filler for me

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

The demo looks decent but it seems a bit taxing on the computer.

These games are great but a bit too addictive so i might give it a miss ... for a while at least.

• Advertisement

Ok the demo's sold it for me.

Great demo. Really liking the fact that they're attempting something new in the series.

Enderman wrote: »
    Ok the demo's sold it for me.

Great demo. Really liking the fact that they're attempting something new in the series.

well thats good to know,didn't even know there was a demo :O

Bought and downloaded it there but it won't load :(

Edit: the UK website says it isn't out till the 18th

Anyone play it yet?I have it on the way from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Nice review up on Destructoid.

Game is getting universal praise. 89% is the lowest review I've seen so far. Getting the game towards the end of the week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played the demo there, really good! Think i'll get this, not liking the steam price tag though. Anywhere cheaper to get it?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Played the demo there, really good! Think i'll get this, not liking the steam price tag though. Anywhere cheaper to get it?

Amazon? I got the collectors edition for same price thats its on steam.

actually I got for 43 which is still much less than steam

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

wasn't all that impressed by the demo but it's getting great reviews, so I think I'll pick it up. Need a good strategy game until SOTS2 is made playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is this kind of SimCity? Looking for something like that for a while, and the screenshots of ANNO remind me of SimCity in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It's very like sim city. The way you have to make the most out of the space provided to you.

grizzly wrote: »
    It's very like sim city. The way you have to make the most out of the space provided to you.
    I know it's asking too much, but can you accidentally kill your entire city by say... building a nuclear reactor (or fifteen) next to some highly combustible plant/laser factory? Always liked that Russian Roulette factor in SimCity 2000 :P

the_syco wrote: »
    I know it's asking too much, but can you accidentally kill your entire city by say... building a nuclear reactor (or fifteen) next to some highly combustible plant/laser factory? Always liked that Russian Roulette factor in SimCity 2000 :P

haha no no you can't

haha no no you can't
    Awwww.... may get it anyway, and see if I can "wipe out city" by other means :P

Its nothing like sim city IMO,You gather resources,trade,discover new resources etc etc,no blowing things up as far as I'm aware anyway :-P

It is more of a trading / business sim like Industry giant - working out supply chains, trade routes etc

I was actually just reading on a different forum that there are disasters that happen randomly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tempted to get this but wanna try a demo first but cant see one on steam.
    Plus the drm seems to be ubisofts usual ****e so that really puts me off

Advertisement