Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Lads if you have done aptitude like this before you will see its not about getting them all right. There will be an average score assigned to the test or a cut off limit say. Once you reach it or exceed you should be ok. From experience its no more than 60% and can be lower. 60% of that maths test is 12 answers right. I reckon if you hit that and got 17/18 of the verbal your on your way to interview. Then the aptitude is out the window. Not carried forward to interview. Level playing field going into interview. So don't be concerned about the geniuses getting all the maths right. Your not expected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

Anybody in the know,any idea of the numbers who where allowed to do the second round and how many will progress.

Or are we just on guesses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

When do people think we will here the results.?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Savio11 wrote: »
    When do people think we will here the results.?

They seemed to be moving quickly and we don't really have any idea how many have progressed but hopefully some time this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone hear anything back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mick085

Heard nothing yet anyway. Might take a bit longer as I presume it will be the DAA hr dept contacting successful people with an interview date and time. Anybody know any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

mick085 wrote: »
    Heard nothing yet anyway. Might take a bit longer as I presume it will be the DAA hr dept contacting successful people with an interview date and time. Anybody know any different?

Heard nothing but I agree with what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Nothing as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Ive worked it out that between receiving the first and second tests via email, it was a ten day period.

So if they stick to that time frame, I reckon tomorrow could be the day to hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

cruais wrote: »
    Ive worked it out that between receiving the first and second tests via email, it was a ten day period.

So if they stick to that time frame, I reckon tomorrow could be the day to hear something.

With tomorrow being Good Friday and Easter Monday coming I'd imagine we won't be hearing for another few days.

• Advertisement

patsat wrote: »
    With tomorrow being Good Friday and Easter Monday coming I'd imagine we won't be hearing for another few days.

Good point! Completely forgot about that. Maybe tuesday then..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I have heard it will be after next week when we find out.
    Maths test was an absolute disaster for me but reading on here it was bad fir everyone so there is a little hope for me. But either way I'd like to be out out of my misery!! Anyone any idea how many got called for the aptitude and how many they will be taking forward for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Where did you hear this?

bono_v wrote: »
    I have heard it will be after next week when we find out.
    Maths test was an absolute disaster for me but reading on here it was bad fir everyone so there is a little hope for me. But either way I'd like to be out out of my misery!! Anyone any idea how many got called for the aptitude and how many they will be taking forward for interviews?

Some of my mates did well at the maths . I was like WTF .

4 lads all said they got all of them done

Any news lads?

Was hoping we would all hear something today.... nothing as of yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It was around half five the last two emails i got.

Was hoping we would all hear something today.... nothing as of yet though

Yeah I hate waiting xD . Like previous poster, I remember it was late when I got the emails. suppose they'll come when they come.

As the saying goes..... A watched kettle never boils

The impatience has increased ten fold...

• Advertisement

The impatience has increased ten fold...

Tell me about it! !! I wonder how many did the last round, and how many they're calling for interview...that may be the hold up, large volume of applicants.

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Tell me about it! !! I wonder how many did the last round, and how many they're calling for interview...that may be the hold up, large volume of applicants.

Or maybe they are going through the test applications with fine toothcombs for any irregularities or similar mistakes, due to the fact some people were bragging on this forum about how they completed the test for friends.

Id say its a weeding out process. They will gather the similar answered exams and request that these people will complete them in person and compare answers from both exams.

Hope so anyway

Or maybe they are going through the test applications with fine toothcombs for any irregularities or similar mistakes, due to the fact some people were bragging on this forum about how they completed the test for friends.

Id say its a weeding out process. They will gather the similar answered exams and request that these people will complete them in person and compare answers from both exams.

Hope so anyway

Great point cruais... For those of us who honestly and truthfully completed our tests, let's hope we are successful. 😊 hope we hear soon tho and best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Tests were corrected by computers. I'm sure if they're looking for discrepancies to the computer could show them straight away. More likely in my own opinion is they are going through the cvs aswell to short list for interviews but hey, that's only my opinion. Likely to hear from this wed-fri whether we are successful from what I've been told.

bono_v wrote: »
    Tests were corrected by computers. I'm sure if they're looking for discrepancies to the computer could show them straight away. More likely in my own opinion is they are going through the cvs aswell to short list for interviews but hey, that's only my opinion. Likely to hear from this wed-fri whether we are successful from what I've been told.

Are you speculating or do you know that results are out this week? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

the suspense is getting to everyone!

does anybody know when they expect to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

maniac2000 wrote: »
    the suspense is getting to everyone!

does anybody know when they expect to interview?

Don't know for sure but, from round 1 to round 2 was about a week this time round they really are taking there time

DAA lads got phone calls today for interview next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Tintin8 wrote: »

Internal Candidates?

• Advertisement

Tintin8 wrote: »

Have you more info regarding this?

Advertisement