Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SNA Salary Scale

• 12-01-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi

Does anyone know with regard to special needs assistants is the salary scale dependant on how many years you are in the particular school or does qualifications & experience determine your rate of pay? I can find info on the actual rates but nothing on criteria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

You basically start off on level one of the sna salary scale. If however you have relevant experience, (can't remember what qualifies as relevant, sorry) you can appeal to the dept and move up the payscale. Every year you move up the pay scale on the anniversary of the date you started. If you happen to leave a school and have a break in service then you start back on level on as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

krisbecs wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know with regard to special needs assistants is the salary scale dependant on how many years you are in the particular school or does qualifications & experience determine your rate of pay? I can find info on the actual rates but nothing on criteria

There are no allowances for qualifications for SNA's. If 2 SNA's start on the same day & one is a lot more highly qualified than the other, with numerous courses & qualifications - both start on the same pay level.

SNA's start on point 1 of the SNA payscale and go up one point with each year of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Hi, I am looking for info on same as I have just been employed as an sna in a new school. I was reading about the scale from 1 to 15. So is it the case that I wouldnt reach scale 15 unless i am 15 years in the job. And if i already worked several years in another school with experience I have to start back on the first scale again?

Advertisement