Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's that time of year again folks... The 2nd annual Boards.ie Soap Awards!!!
    Get your nominations in for all your favourite soaps before May 31st...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056255455

Please read the opening post carefully before nominating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Trenchman

No doubt about it lads, Ros na Rún is on top of its game at the moment.
    The Lee prostitution storyline was good, the Katy abusing Cóilín storyline was better but the Breandán and Gráinne storyline is dynamite! I just think it's extremely well written and acted. Stories are allowed to just simmer nicely and they really do get the viewer thinking.
    I kinda gave up watching soaps a few years back and really only started watching RnaR to improve my Irish, but it's been excellent viewing since I started tuning in.

So who is lying - Breandan or Grainne? I have to say I'm siding with Breandan here, he genuinely doesn't seem to have a clue what Grainne is going on about. The character of Breandan was annoying at the start but I have to say I've grown to admire the acting of JD Kelleher - he's really playing the role well.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

I LOVE RNaR! for a soap set in a small connemara village everything happens there! :pac:
    Find it amazing how well written and acted it is compared to other soaps ...faircity :P on probably a smaller budget. :)

Just when you think a storyline has run it's course,BOOM!
    Explosive stuff tonight, did not see that coming at all.Brilliant plot twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Wow, that was some ending tonight. Really great storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

My God was'nt expecting last nights episode ending. I was thinking how sound Breandon was for forgiving everyone and putting it behind him then BAM . When he was mad to get into the toilet we knew he was shifty.
    Great stuff!

When he was mad to get into the toilet we knew he was shifty.

They could have left that scene out to be honest; made it a little too obvious that something was up (Although I didn't quite expect an ending like that!). The writers could probably have left it another couple of episodes before Caitriona stumbled onto the folder as well.

I hope they fully explain the discrepancy over the dates now as well though. Was Grainne correct with her dates? And if so, Why did the guards have different dates? Hopefully that will be fully addressed.

The writers could probably have left it another couple of episodes before Caitriona stumbled onto the folder as well.

Only two eps left before the summer so they couldn't really leave it any longer - hopefully the story will continue into next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Was really into Ros na Run during my leaving cert but when I moved away for uni I've only been able to see bits of it here and there. I'm kinda getting back into it but when I stopped watching it the De Burcas were up in court for Jim's murder. I've surmised that Donnacha commit suicide - how did that whole story pan out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Only two eps left before the summer so they couldn't really leave it any longer - hopefully the story will continue into next year...

The only thing I don't like about Ros na Rún is that it's not on for the summer and they usually end it on a cliffhanger (like next
    week Brendan walking to the woods with Réaltín
    ) and then when it comes back in the Autumn normal life has resumed and we only get a passing reference to what happened, instead of seeing it actually being played out

• Advertisement

and then when it comes back in the Autumn normal life has resumed and we only get a passing reference to what happened, instead of seeing it actually being played out

Glenroe used to do the same, perhaps its some traditional Irish thing

Glenroe used to do the same, perhaps its some traditional Irish thing

They did! Biddy drives under a tractor and then they come back in the Autumn putting flowers on Dinnys grave :confused:

AFAIR Joe Lynch died unexpectedly during the summer and they had to kill off Dinny in a hurry

There was some tension in last nights episode. Edge of the seat stuff! Between Tina and Daras wedding and Tadhg with his clip of the póg and Breandán trying to deal with what's after happening, it was very enjoyable.Last episode of the current series tomorrow night,I for one will not be missing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So your man Brendan was really a pedo?

So your man Brendan was really a pedo?

Certainly appears so; Why else would he have that folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Certainly appears so; Why else would he have that folder?
    he took little realtine tonite some where after he gave her some sweets. i really thought he was not a peado. when is it going to stop for summer do ye know.

Last episode in the current series tonight. Jeez Breandán is a nasty piece of work. Great final episode tonight though, pity it's gone for the summer now. Well done to all the production team agus na haisteoirí go léir, very good series.

My money is on Eithne saving the day, having been watching Réaltín like a hawk.

RnaR will return in September with Eithne facing charges for GBH against Brendán and she's engaged to be married to Micheál.

Catriona will have hooked up with Dara and Tina will be on the prowl for a new man to get her claws into

Johnny will have left Ros na Rún to live happily ever after with me :)

Críoch den scoth to a fantastic season...
    I remember last year, the first two episodes in September picked up exactly where the final episode of the previous season left off, so they could easily do the same again this September...
    Although I think it would be just as interesting to see it hop forward 3 months and have us put the pieces of what happened ourselves over the first few episodes, or else through flashbacks at a trial or something...
    Have to say I thought JD Kelleher (Breandán) was a shockingly bad actor when he first appeared on screen, but he has managed to play both the "victim" and the villain really well over the past few weeks...

Only 2 days left to nominate in this by the way - would be nice to see Ros na Rún win a few this year after such a great season, so get voting...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056255455

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Without reading through the thread and seeing spoilers, I was wondering could someone tell me where I could watch last weeks episodes?
    I don't see it on TG4 Player anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Thursday 26th May was the last episode , is that the one you're looking for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Karen23 wrote: »
    Thursday 26th May was the last episode , is that the one you're looking for ??

Thanks, I already seen that episode, I didn't realise that was the last episode of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dominus

julyjane wrote: »
    My money is on Eithne saving the day, having been watching Réaltín like a hawk.

RnaR will return in September with Eithne facing charges for GBH against Brendán and she's engaged to be married to Micheál.

Catriona will have hooked up with Dara and Tina will be on the prowl for a new man to get her claws into

Johnny will have left Ros na Rún to live happily ever after with me :)

Ha ha, love ur plot-lines-- you should write for them... i have heard through the grapevine that there is quiet a dramatic start to the new series in August/September-- even better than last years start!! if that's possible...
    Would be hilarious to have Micheal and Eithne get engaged!! ;)
    Catríona and Dara-- about the only guy she hasnt jumped yet i reckon!
    As for Johnny.. think you'll have to move to Ros na Rún and settle him down.. needs a good woman to curb his ways...
    Ádh mór!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

Dominus wrote: »
    Ha ha, love ur plot-lines-- you should write for them... i have heard through the grapevine that there is quiet a dramatic start to the new series in August/September-- even better than last years start!! if that's possible...
    Would be hilarious to have Micheal and Eithne get engaged!! ;)
    Catríona and Dara-- about the only guy she hasnt jumped yet i reckon!
    As for Johnny.. think you'll have to move to Ros na Rún and settle him down.. needs a good woman to curb his ways...
    Ádh mór!

I really hope that they get rid of Eithne, I can't stand her and tend to tune out when she is involved. Besides, Micheál is sound (if a bit of a fool) and you'd have to think that Séamus will have something to say on it as well...

Caitriona won't be getting with Dara as I'll have snapped her up by then! :P

Last few episodes (well, most of the season really) were a credit to the actors, writers, producers and everyone involved. Well done folks!

Looking forward to more of the same in September! :D

Any ideas when it's back on?

13th September - cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can't wait, hope they don't just start it off a few months later with everything back to normal, it's such an anti climax.

They dont normally pick up where they left off , usually they go with the timeline and its a few months later and they fill in the pieces as the series go on, I hate when they do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

damn do we have to wait till 13th? thought it would be the 1st:(

Advertisement