Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

I always thought you did an ugly one just for the good story. Ugly girls are generally so unloved and untouched they can be made to do anything really in a desperate desire to hold to you...you can pretty much do the same to really good looking ones[insecure] by making some comments about whatever part of their body they feel really self conscience about...make em feel ugly and they also do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

I dont mean to be mean about it, but you cant help these thoughts. Ive a mate, early 30s (Im only 20 but I know him a few years), hes engaged to a bird of about 27, though she looks around 35. Im trying hard to think of a good physical aspect about her, and all I can come up with is that her body is alright, I suppose, but theres absoloutely nothin about the face, wears bad glasses and the hair is nothing special. But the odd thing is, sometimes we`ve been watching tv or whatever and some rough piece is on the box, and he would mention about how rotten looking she was. Again, not intentionally being mean, but I cant help thinking to myself "yours is worse mate". And apart from her, he seems to have good taste! Like, I dunno, Pussycat Dolls or whoever video might come on and he would say about how he`d lash it out of all them. How can he say that then look at his own bird and not see that there is utterly not one iota of comparison? For those of you who think Im being harsh, not every girl is genetically beautiful, but 90% of those who you might consider rough could make themselves look nicer if the wanted. Grow their hair a bit longer, get a decent fashion taste, that kind of thing. Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face. Theyd pretty much accuse me of selling out. And as for my family, my mams an awful critic, I dont care much for what she thinks in most aspects of my life but lord if I brought home some rough yoke, she would tell me and all. I recognise that personality is very important, but unless a good personality comes from a pretty face and well maintained body it doesnt count for much. So what makes a man go out with a munter? Depression? My above mentioned mate in his 30s used to go with a Swedish girl who I will stereotypically assume was ood looking, lived with her and all until they split, he got with the other one a few months later. I was with this one when I was 17, absoloute princess. Tall-ish, slim, brown eyed real naturally tanned complexion, raven black hair, and we got on like a house on fire, really properly liked her. Anyway, due to my retardedness it went tits up, but thats another matter. The following September I started college and got acquainted the first day with this rough as hell fat bird, and on one occasion in the first week I nearly contemplated pulling her whilst sober, due to being on such a downer from losing the other girl. Thankfully sanity got the better of me, and it gives me a chill even thinking of it now.

So, opinions? Or am I just a bastard?

Whats the difference between a dog and a fox?
    6 pints:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

No seriously, if a lass had no brains and shallowness to match, then no matter how good looking she was, I would view her as having an ugly character and that is far more of an issue than looks.

Over made-up tarts with **** for brains are about the lowest of the low, of course, several pints later and an eye up of the big boobs and the ethics go out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

No seriously

Seriously now! go make love...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

Go on then, if a lass is super fit wth big boobs, I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

CiaranC wrote:
    Youre not so much a bastard as a pathetic, vaccuos loser.

clearly your the boyfriend then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

julep wrote:
    with an attitude like that, yes i believe he will end up alone.
    it seems to me that no woman will ever be good enough for him and he will spend his life looking for the most asthetically pleasing woman in the world. that's something nobody will ever find.

I normally agree with juleps posts, but this is bollix. Its not as if nobody will ever be good enough for me. Jesus, if that was the case I wouldnt bother trying to score would I.

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    whats wors is d rly fat birds u see goin out wit d blacks goin out jus so dey can stay in d country..pisses me off

It makes you realise the poor guy must really truly fear death in his homeland if hes deported to sink so low :D I can imagine them pleading their case to McDowell "you see woman i marry? Surely dat proof I will do ANYTHING to stay!"

rb_ie wrote:
    If you read other threads hes posted in in the past regarding nightlife, nightclubs etc. then you'd know where he picks up these "birds" and would have a fair idea of what kind of "birds" they are. They're the type that would respond to you asking them their name with "Jacinta" or "Ah jaysis shoor waddya need me name fooor".

You see how standards vary so hugely?The type he'd go for, I wouldn't waste a good rock throwing at.

Arent you the southside guy who has a snobby high horse view of everyone else but doesnt even have a job? Enough of this Jacinteh bollix, I like em posh and stuck up :D

re the rest though, I explained in my first post, I dont have contempt for these people. My point was that a majority of girls who you would consider ugly could better their appearance by getting a better hair-do, maybe dying it a different colour, either putting on or losing weight, getting at least a decent pair of glasses if they really need to wear them, that kind of thing. If I think of any attractive girl I know, most of them could make changes to their appearance which would make them unattractive, e.g cutting off their long hair for example. If you are going with a grl who cant be arsed even trying her best to look attractive then you`re making a fool of yourself. If some girl who makes absoloutely no effort asks you out and you sy yes, its you who is the loser.

You think Im bad, my mother and granny are the biggest critics of munters I ever heard in my life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Why does this seem like the OP is TRYING so hard to come up with these topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Its not as if nobody will ever be good enough for me. Jesus, if that was the case I wouldnt bother trying to score would I.
    "trying" being the key word there.
    Arent you the southside guy who has a snobby high horse view of everyone else but doesnt even have a job?
    nice burn. :D
    re the rest though, I explained in my first post, I dont have contempt for these people. My point was that a majority of girls who you would consider ugly could better their appearance by getting a better hair-do, maybe dying it a different colour, either putting on or losing weight, getting at least a decent pair of glasses if they really need to wear them, that kind of thing. If I think of any attractive girl I know, most of them could make changes to their appearance which would make them unattractive, e.g cutting off their long hair for example. If you are going with a grl who cant be arsed even trying her best to look attractive then you`re making a fool of yourself. If some girl who makes absoloutely no effort asks you out and you sy yes, its you who is the loser.
    why should they?
    women are not there just for you too ogle and say something like 'yeah, i'd do her. she's smoking hot.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah, it's all the same when the lights are off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ugly birds try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

haha was out last night with me cousins from the US. me little cousin "took one for the team" so to speak. good god she was in bits! she was possibly one of the ugliest god-forsaken creatures i've ever had the misfortune to lay me eyes on! on the other hand, the blonde was respectable. smokin jabs!

so there ya go OP. its possible ur man was takin one for the team then it turned out she "had a nice personality" or watever.

also, its possibly hes just with her out of lazyness. maybe he couldnt be arsed with al lthe hassle of chattin up some youngone so is settlin for the regular sex with the munter. makes sense. especially if she likes to use a "pleasure enhancing sex bag"! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

OP,obviously your mate loves something about his girlfriend,apart from the way she looks. If he sees someone he thinks is wrecked on tv,it's not like he knows anything else about them,so all he is commenting on is how physically repulsive they are to him.

However,there are probably many things that attract him to his girlfriend and so she is probably beautiful in his eyes for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Nick wrote:
    I think the obvious answer is ugly island.

Ugly people, show a bit of respect and don't make us look at you.

Look around you, this is ugly island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Samhildanach

Oh my God the arrogance of some of you people - as if women should dress up just to attract you or for your approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

LadyJ wrote:
    OP,obviously your mate loves something about his girlfriend,apart from the way she looks. If he sees someone he thinks is wrecked on tv,it's not like he knows anything else about them,so all he is commenting on is how physically repulsive they are to him.

However,there are probably many things that attract him to his girlfriend and so she is probably beautiful in his eyes for many reasons.

I dunno. We were talking about the Euromillions in the run up to the draw your one from Limerick won, we were saying what we would do if we won the cash. He said that he didnt like himself for this thought, but if he won he would give his bird a few million and leave her as he couldnt remain loyal if he had that amount of money and every woman wanted him. This shocked me a bit. Admittedtly if I won it Id be cheating 24/7 on my girlfriend, but at the same time it wouldnt necessarily mean I didnt love her. If a few million quid makes you say fairwell to your woman I really dont think its a solid relationship.

As said, i think its rebound depression related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

In so many of these threads it seems people have a problem believing that good looking girls can have a great personality too.

good looking girls with a good personality? yes.
    good looking Irish girls with a good personality? it's a rarity.

i decided to do a small experiment last night in the pub.
    i picked out 5 girls that i found attractive and attempted to chat them up.
    the looks on their faces as i introduced myself was enough to tell me that they were assholes. except for the fifth one. she was actually very nice, but had a boyfriend.
    results: 80% of women that i find aesthically pleasing are assholes.

note: this may be a Leixlip thing. results have been completely different in other towns in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

julep wrote:
    the looks on their faces as i introduced myself was enough to tell me that they were assholes.
    Oh that look as if you just came up and took a shít in their pint?
    Yeah gotta love that one tbh.

julep wrote:

the looks on their faces as i introduced myself was enough to tell me that they were assholes. except for the fifth one. she was actually very nice, but had a boyfriend.

note: this may be a Leixlip thing. results have been completely different in other towns in this country.

Becuase you can't chat them up they're assholes? Classy guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

julep wrote:
    why should they?
    women are not there just for you too ogle and say something like 'yeah, i'd do her. she's smoking hot.'

Best thing said on this thread :D

yeah. that's the one. or the "how dare you talk to me. i wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. look at me. i'm absolutely beautiful and way out of your league".
    yes, dear. that attitude is the reason you are single.

Becuase you can't chat them up they're assholes? Classy guy.
    their reaction to my approach is what makes me believe they are assholes.
    does that make me a dickhead? probably. but i'm happy with who i am.

I just find it curious that loads of people will be offended if you insult ugly people, but the same people rarely have trouble if you insult good looking people.

most people who use the internet are ugly. we're just sticking up for our ugly brothers and sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Most people are ugly fyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

julep wrote:

Courtyard?

gatecrash wrote:
    Courtyard?
    yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

julep wrote:
    yes.

can be a picky enough crowd down there. But then again I'm not exactly Adonis either!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    whats wors is d rly fat birds u see goin out wit d blacks goin out jus so dey can stay in d country..pisses me off
    Sweet Jesus...

I have to say I don't understand how a person wouldn't have any pride in their appearance. I know one girl who goes around wearing tracka bottoms and oversized hoodies all the time. Never bothers doing anything with her hair, never wears make-up. Could do so much better for herself. Anyway, she pulls loads of lads but that's only because they know they'll get a blowjob off her. Then they sod off and have a laugh at her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement