Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless charging for the iPhone/iPod Touch (Indiegogo)

• 03-12-2013 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭

Came across this Indiegogo campaign last night and think it's really interesting. One thing I've always wanted to see on the iPhone is wireless charging, and this is a cost effective option at $25.

I'm tempted to pick one up myself but not sure if it'll work with my current case as it says it must be a soft case, although it looks really thin to me so don't know why it would be such a problem with bulk. Still a few days left anyway so I might order one. BTW if anybody's interested you could always use Parcel Motel and pay €3.50 instead of the $15 they're looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I wish Apple would build this in. If I used a case I'd definitely pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zcott wrote: »
    I wish Apple would build this in. If I used a case I'd definitely pick one up.

Same here. Don't use a case and don't ever plan to. Would be more awkward for me to use this than regular charging. I don't see the usefulness of wireless charging in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mattyrobinson

Just to let you know, the campaign has been extended! It's now running longer so you can pick up some of their new bundles.

But they've sold out of most of their perks/rewards. The best bundle (iQi Mobile and wireless charging basestation) is still available though, for $65.
    Simply plug into iPhone's lightning port, fold over the back and put on almost ANY soft case you'd like.

20131119220710-EASY.gif?1385153485

Then you can pop it onto the included wireless charger for instant charging!

20131119220624-2013-11-19_21_22_53.gif?1385153441

Take a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no way would i use that.

your sandwiching the battery transfer between a case and the phone. these things get hot!

also what happens for developers that will want to have their phone connected to their computers to build straight to device.

also lol at quoting jonny ive, "technology is at its best when it simply disappears" not sure if trolling or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just to let you know, the campaign has been extended! It's now running longer so you can pick up some of their new

Nice first post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

no way would i use that.

your sandwiching the battery transfer between a case and the phone. these things get hot!

also what happens for developers that will want to have their phone connected to their computers to build straight to device.

also lol at quoting jonny ive, "technology is at its best when it simply disappears" not sure if trolling or not :pac:

I'm guessing it's been fairly well tested, and can't imagine it will run hot. This is the first decent wireless charging method I've found that I'd be interested.

The fact that it's so minimal makes it a great idea, only issue is I'd love a way to be able to sync over the wireless pad and make the whole thing quicker than current wifi sync. Maybe use a combination of NFC or Bluetooth with the wifi to speed the whole thing up.

Advertisement