Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 littlepacers

I know that you have to attend 60percent of games to be eligible for an All ireland ticket,but for the dubs ticket for the hill at 165euro would it be 60percent of each sport or 60percent total??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I know that you have to attend 60percent of games to be eligible for an All ireland ticket,but for the dubs ticket for the hill at 165euro would it be 60percent of each sport or 60percent total??

It is 60% of all Dublin games (be they home or away) in the National League, Leinster and All Ireland championship, in whatever code you buy the season ticket for. So if you buy a football season ticket, it is the football games you go to that determines whether or not you meet the 60% attendance criteria that entitles you to buy an All Ireland football final ticket. The hurling games that you do or don't go to, are not relevant.

And it's vice versa if you buy a hurling season ticket. Only the hurling games that you go to will determine whether or not you get a ticket to the hurling final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 littlepacers

165 is a bit steep. Gaa milking it from the dubs fans because they know they will get the demand especially after last years final.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

165 extremely steep considering the stands are only 85, plus usually Hill tickets are cheaper than stand tickets so clearly its to milk the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

duffman21 wrote: »
    165 extremely steep considering the stands are only 85, plus usually Hill tickets are cheaper than stand tickets so clearly its to milk the fans

165 is a fair hit alright, especially if you are getting a couple of them.
    But it does include all the club championship matches in both codes.

And while you may feel you are being milked the reality is that Dublin is the only county that you can guarantee yourself a ticket for the final (if you make it) with a season ticket without even leaving the county (and having to foot all the expenses associated with that).

But as I said, still a fair hit to take on the lead up to Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The season ticket gets you into all the Dublin league games for free and the first Leinster champo game for free. It also gets you a fiver off every other Leinster and champo game that you go to. By by maths, that is 50 quid or so (league games) plus 25 quid (first Leinster game) plus 25 quid (fiver off five games presuming the Dubs don't have to go thru the back door) which puts you at 100 quid. You would have spent anyway going to those games, if you didn't have a season ticket.

Look at it that way and it doesn't seem like such a rip off imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oxomash

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The season ticket gets you into all the Dublin league games for free and the first Leinster champo game for free. It also gets you a fiver off every other Leinster and champo game that you go to. By by maths, that is 50 quid or so (league games) plus 25 quid (first Leinster game) plus 25 quid (fiver off five games presuming the Dubs don't have to go thru the back door) which puts you at 100 quid. You would have spent anyway going to those games, if you didn't have a season ticket.

Look at it that way and it doesn't seem like such a rip off imo.

€165 is a bit steep. The tickets are for the Hill only. 50 quid for the league games and €15 for the games up to the Leinster final.

The point is that if you want to buy a season ticket for any other County it's €85 and thats for the stands.

So the GAA is milking Dublin fans. Its nearly twice the price of any other season ticket for every other County.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

oxomash wrote: »
    €165 is a bit steep. The tickets are for the Hill only. 50 quid for the league games and €15 for the games up to the Leinster final.

The point is that if you want to buy a season ticket for any other County it's €85 and thats for the stands.

So the GAA is milking Dublin fans. Its nearly twice the price of any other season ticket for every other County.

I think all the Dublin ones were renewed at 75, dont think anyone new ever got the chance to even buy one for 85.
    Isn't the hill16 one sold out now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

oxomash wrote: »

Cáirde Mheagheo which is the Mayo version of the hill 16 ticket costs €200!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Cáirde Mheagheo which is the Mayo version of the hill 16 ticket costs €200!

I think you are getting hill 16 ticket mixed up with the Parnell pass, which is indeed the equivalent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dubdamo

copacetic wrote: »
    I think you are getting hill 16 ticket mixed up with the Parnell pass, which is indeed the equivalent?

No unfortunately not, when you log on and try to buy a Dublin Season Ticket the only option for you is a hill 16 ticket for €165, Dublin fans being fleeced:mad:

copacetic wrote: »

Don't think so, from the gaa site, link here

*In relation to Dublin Football Season Tickets for 2014 we wish to inform you that Hill 16 Season Tickets are now on sale. Click here to buy now.

The tickets are priced at €165 and include the Club+ package which covers entry to all Dublin Club Football & Hurling Championships matches in 2014.

Please note that the Hill 16 season ticket is available for adults only.

Dublin Football Stand Season Tickets are not available for the 2014 season due to the high level of renewals.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dubdamo wrote: »
    No unfortunately not, when you log on and try to buy a Dublin Season Ticket the only option for you is a hill 16 ticket for €165, Dublin fans being fleeced:mad:

I was replying to mayo mick, edited post to make that clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Just wanted to know does the season ticket itself be used or do you have to print out a ticket and bring that with you to the match?

When i say the ticket itself be used i mean do you get a card or something scanned at the turnstile like when you bring a season ticket to Old Trafford for example.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Just wanted to know does the season ticket itself be used or do you have to print out a ticket and bring that with you to the match?

When i say the ticket itself be used i mean do you get a card or something scanned at the turnstile like when you bring a season ticket to Old Trafford for example.

You use the card for most of the league, you have to print out your tickets for Croke Park and for the championship.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/how-will-the-season-ticket-work/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

dose that 165 euro cover both hurling and football, if it dose it is cheeper then what i would have to pay, and bear in mind i would have to watch some below standerd division 4 games as opposed to the likes of the dubs,

i like the hill think it has a good view from nearly anywhere but you have to remember how hard it was to get tickets for the all ireland, and in fairness the dubs should be there and there abouts again next september,

if they do get there again you can walk around the city weeks in advance with a smug face that would put any d4 rugby head in his old belvadere blazer to shame as the rest of the city scramble for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

bought my Mayo season ticket from HQ (and the kids) today at 10.05 ;), and grouped tickets straight away :D €105 plus €3 post.

Oldtree wrote: »
    bought my Mayo season ticket from HQ (and the kids) today at 10.05 ;), and grouped tickets straight away :D €105 plus €3 post.

When you have a few tickets on the same account they will automatically be seated together!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Anyone know the potential price of national football league tickets when you have a student card? I'm trying to weigh up the cost versus the season ticket..

Also if I do go ahead and buy the season ticket, for NFL games would I be free to stand in terrace, which I prefer, or would i be automatically assigned to seating stand only

newportlad wrote: »
    Anyone know the potential price of national football league tickets when you have a student card? I'm trying to weigh up the cost versus the season ticket..

Also if I do go ahead and buy the season ticket, for NFL games would I be free to stand in terrace, which I prefer, or would i be automatically assigned to seating stand only

Most grounds they will let you into terrace, not Croke Park though. Garuantee of All Ireland ticket if we get to it again surely outways differance of Student prices?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Did Dublin stand ticket for football sell out, or not go on sale at all?

nm wrote: »

I don't think it went on sale at all, could be wrong, didn't see the site till about 11 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

dose that 165 euro cover both hurling and football, if it dose it is cheeper then what i would have to pay, and bear in mind i would have to watch some below standerd division 4 games as opposed to the likes of the dubs,

Club hurling & football but only intercounty football

Never went on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Got mine last night, never going through the horror of not being able to pick up an AI final ticket. Now we need to do it all again eh!:D:D:D
    If we get a good run in the league again the ticket will more or less pay for itself, but yeah it is a bit of a rip compared to the Cusack stand tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

mayo.mick wrote: »
    When you have a few tickets on the same account they will automatically be seated together!
    Wasn't sure if it was automatic or not, so just pressed the buttons anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sure theres the parnell pass which covers all Dublin home games isnt there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

I’m guessing the reason no Dublin season tickets for the Cusack stand were sold was because of the right the season ticket gives you to an All-Ireland final ticket, if the Dubs are fortunate enough to get that far. Limit the number of Cusack stand season tickets and therefore limit the number seated All-Ireland tickets that have to go to season ticket holders.

Why not instead of just selling Hill16 season tickets, continue to sell Cusack stand season tickets but with the caveat that if the Dubs gets to an All-Ireland new season ticket owners will be entitled to purchase a Hill16 ticket (and maybe after 2/3 years your entitlement changes to a Cusack stand ticket). Also continue the juvenile season ticket for Cusack stand but with no entitlement to All-Ireland ticket.

For the record this will be my 4th year as a season ticket holder for the Dubs. It’s been incredible value when you consider you get the Spring Series, Club finals, International rules this year and the best seats in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Delighted to stumble on this thread. I bought my season pass last night. Looking forward to being a 2014 Carthy Tarty!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I’m guessing the reason no Dublin season tickets for the Cusack stand were sold was because of the right the season ticket gives you to an All-Ireland final ticket, if the Dubs are fortunate enough to get that far. Limit the number of Cusack stand season tickets and therefore limit the number seated All-Ireland tickets that have to go to season ticket holders.!
    I don't get the logic, am I missing something, you still have to pay more or less full price for the AI ticket, why would you limit season tickets for the Cusack? They are counted as part of Dublin allocation anyway, just like any other County offering season tickets.
    Why would you limit the amount of seated tickets for season ticket holders if they pay full price and have been to more matches.

I'd say everyone just renewed their tickets from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I'm sticking with my Parnell pass. Better value if ya ask me.

Advertisement