Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

• 14-10-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

SEASON TICKET RENEWALS FOR 2014 WILL BEGIN MONDAY 21st OCTOBER 2013.

NEW SALES 4th November 2013

Nothing beats being there.

The Provincial Championship draws are complete and the League fixtures are being finalised. Dublin and Clare are our Champions. Who will reign in 2014?

The GAA Season Ticket can be purchased at a base price of €85 for adults, juveniles are €10.

Loyalty rewarded - qualify for All-Ireland Final tickets. Click here for more information.
    Great value - great price plus more discounts throughout the Championship.
    Convenience - you have your ticket for your team.
    Exclusive Extras - ‘bring a friend’ options, special purchase options for other matches
    What’s included?

- All your County's Allianz League round matches plus all League semi finals, play-offs and finals in that code
    - Your County's opening Championship fixture
    - All Allianz League round matches in your selected code. So if you have a Longford Football Season Ticket you can go to any Allianz League Football match.*
    - AIB GAA Club All-Ireland Finals in Croke Park on St. Patrick's Day.*

You will also enjoy discount prices during the Championship - Pay & Play kicks in after your opening Championship fixture.

About the GAA Season Ticket – click here
    Terms and Conditions – click here
    Season Ticket 2013 Booking System Guidelines – click here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RebelAbu32

was thinking of getting one this year

id like to know is it worth it from people who have purchased season ticket before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

RebelAbu32 wrote: »

id like to know is it worth it from people who have purchased season ticket before

Definitely worth it. If you go to the league games, you'll be more or less at breakeven by the end of that competition. You won't pay at all for the first Championship game and then you get E5 discount for all other games, apart from the final. Then, if your county gets to the final and you've been to at least 60% of the games, you're guaranteed a ticket in the middle of the Cusack Stand for the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Depends on what you mean by worth it? You have to buy one for each code if you plan on going to both hurling and football. The 60% attendance criteria includes all league games, both home and away & all games that your county plays in Croke Park, up to the AI final if Cork make it that far. So have a think about how much traveling you are willing to do, before you buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes get one, great value. It's free for the league do of you go all the way it stays free for the extra games.

The odd free game here and there is good too.
    If your county has a hurling and football team in div 1 you might get one or two dual games in, so a free football or hurling game in depending on the ticket you have.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yes get one, great value. It's free for the league so if you go all the way it stays free for the extra games.

The odd free game here and there is good too.
    If your county has a hurling and football team in div 1 you might get one or two dual games in, so a free football or hurling game in depending on the ticket you have.

Defenitly worth getting if you go to all the matchs. 7 league match's x €13 semi-final €15, final €20. Club finals in Croke Park St Patricks day €20, first round championship €20 ( New York included in our case this year $20) every match after that €5 discount on gate price (provencial & All Ireland final full price) Pluse also free entry to any other league match (in ticket code) Plus you can set up group seating for 10 people (10 of us together on halfway line for final) Tickets are also e-mailed to your account if they have to be printed, eg Croke Park. All for €75, I'm not sure yet if I'll renew again:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Defenitly worth getting if you go to all the matchs. 7 league match's x €13 semi-final €15, final €20. Club finals in Croke Park St Patricks day €20, first round championship €20 ( New York included in our case this year $20) every match after that €5 discount on gate price (provencial & All Ireland final full price) Pluse also free entry to any other league match (in ticket code) Plus you can set up group seating for 10 people (10 of us together on halfway line for final) Tickets are also e-mailed to your account if they have to be printed, eg Croke Park. All for €75, I'm not sure yet if I'll renew again:D:D
    thats €171 in match tickets (incl fiver off backdoor or next championship game) of value.
    For a run of 6 games to a semi final inclusive, thats 4 more games which you get a discount off so a running total of €191 in value.
    The added bonus of being guaranteed a final ticket should that happen is priceless.

Plus you can attend any league game in your code which can add a lot of attractive games or double headers to the bill especially if based in Dublin (or other major Division 1 county) and supporting your home county. For instance there was a Kildare v Donegal and Dublin v Cork opening fixture in croke Park in the football last year on a Saturday evening which would leave you free to see games on the Sunday too.
    If you catch a few games from other counties then you have a value of well over €200 then.

So (to the OP) no.
    Its a rip off and the GAA does nothing for the real fan and are always on the make and its a pity theres no scheme to allow folks to attend matches and track their attendances in reward for a guaranteed final ticket :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

mayo.mick wrote: »
    So is New York counted in the attendance ? And is that the free championship game ?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    So is New York counted in the attendance ? And is that the free championship game ?

Same as what happened in 09, extra free match, its not counted in attendance but names are marked off a printed sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

It is. Absolutely. Particularly if youre fortunate if your team is still in the championship come final day

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭patsyrockem

When will hurling league format be decided on?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have had one of these since they launched, will be renewing this year again. Definitely worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

KevIRL wrote: »
    Have had one of these since they launched, will be renewing this year again. Definitely worth it

Tried to click on link on GAA site for football but it says football or hurling link page cannot be found...
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/about-the-gaa-season-ticket/

Would this be due to demand maybe?

LarryMac wrote: »
    Tried to click on link on GAA site for football but it says football or hurling link page cannot be found...
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/about-the-gaa-season-ticket/

Would this be due to demand maybe?

It is only open to existing season ticket holders to renew from 21st October. It will be open to new sales from 4th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Trampas

anyone manage to renew yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Checked this morning , no option to renew. Have had no correspondence from them and only read the date of 21st here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

Tried to renew mine there and no option to renew. I'm not too worried, I don't think we'll miss out, they probably just haven't updated the web page properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I havent received any notification about the renewal for next year neither. Sure its early yet though

• Advertisement

Renew before midnight 25th October and get a free ticket to the second test compromise rules next Saturday in Coke Park. Still can't renew my tickets?

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I think it's a case of waiting for the email before renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Got the email - renewed - football
    tickets for Saturday too which was a nice little bonus, not great seats if its raining - but hey they were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mackattack

whatnext wrote: »
    Got the email - renewed - football
    tickets for Saturday too which was a nice little bonus, not great seats if its raining - but hey they were free.

Do you know if you can buy more or is it simply renew? I'm still waiting on the option to renew.

To the OP deffo worth it, I can imagine demand being high from Dublin and Mayo fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

mackattack wrote: »
    Do you know if you can buy more or is it simply renew? I'm still waiting on the option to renew.

To the OP deffo worth it, I can imagine demand being high from Dublin and Mayo fans.

I didn't pay any attention to be honest.
    Just clicked through the screens.

Still €75 if you are renewing before Friday. €85 after that and 85 for new holders AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mackattack

I didn't pay any attention to be honest.
    Just clicked through the screens.

Still €75 if you are renewing before Friday. €85 after that and 85 for new holders AFAIK

WOW, freaky got the option just after I read your post, there is a note to say. "If you wish to add additional tickets to this account please renew the tickets first and the option to create additional ticket holders will become available"

I followed the screens and renewed, I then clicked the option to buy additional but it is a blank page at present. when renewal's are finished it might appear.

The €75 price is a nice little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Worth noting for people waiting for Dublin tickets who aren't renewing.

Unlike previous years, unless people don't renew there most likely won't be any new allocation.
    Please note that for the 2013 Season, Dublin Football Season Tickets sold out. As a result, additional season ticket availability will be dependent upon renewal levels. If season tickets become available they will go on sale on November 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

€75 before the end of the month, €85 thereafter.

• Advertisement

Just renewed my season tickets. Can't see the free tickets for Saturdays match in Croke Park. I've looked in the special purchaces, nothing there:confused:

Advertisement