Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Wrestling *Possible Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Another ashes video posted. The quest to find Archie is on http://t.co/j3yfdLlDwz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The fact that a 76 page document is needed to get you abreast of what's going on is exactly the problem IMO!

Seen this on reddit. Not perfect, but a pretty good WWE analogy that explains the basics.
    The Authority (Wink) and Condor Security (the shield) have denied Daniel Bryan (Chikara) from getting another title shot (continue having shows), meanwhile the Big Show (Archibald Peck) is infiltrating behind the scenes (Time travelling) to destroy the Authority (Wink), while many of the guys on the roster like Ziggler (Icarus) are left trying to get as many other guys like Miz (Donst) to help him fight to get Daniel Bryan his title shot (wrestle in Chikara again.)

Condor and Shield should be the other way around, but you get the idea. The document posted previously goes in depth with the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A recap of the recent happenings
    http://olewrestling.com/chikara-wrestling/what-the-heck-is-going-on-with-chikara.htm

The strangest one was a guerilla CHIKARA show last Saturday that just had one match as it was abandoned. As a fan was kidnapped by the bad guys essentially - Condor Security. It was broadcast on a blurry UStream live feed. Fans/CHIKARA employees/hangers on instead of calling the cops decided to walk around the park looking for clues. It was lamer than I can ever possibly hope to describe.

A proper video of it is here with the fans looking for clues edited out:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Skimmed through that video but it looked like a decent way to spend an afternoon, everyone there looks really laid back and cool.

Chris Hero faces Adam Cole for the PWG World Title on Night One of All Star Weekend 10.

Couldnt ask for much better! Hope Cole opens the show trying to get out of the match with a No Compete Clause or something.

• Advertisement

PWG deliver the goods again. Matt Rushmore didnt have a single weak match for me and the main event was great, even though I knew who won. The promo at the end went a little long but otherwise no complaints. Just a shame they only do ~10 shows a year.

Also, yesterday was one year as PWG Champion for Adam Cole. If the Young Bucks make it to mid January, they will also pass the one year mark. They should do, since they arent currently booked to defend on either night of ASW 10 later this month.

Out of interest anyone planning on watching ROH Final Battle on demand when it gets uploaded or CZW Cage of Death this weekend?

rovert wrote: »
    Out of interest anyone planning on watching ROH Final Battle on demand when it gets uploaded or CZW Cage of Death this weekend?

I'd go with COD first. Final Battle doesnt look up to much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looking forward to Cage of Death alright. Glad that it's a team COD match this year too, much prefer them and judging by the guys in it there's bound to be some ridiculous spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Cage of Death for me too. Think I'm done with ROH unless they majorly reboot things, which is quite sad as I used to buy a lot of their dvds between about 2005-11. Steen is wasted there.

• Advertisement

Due to the snow the CZW show seems to be ruined.

Willie Mack, Davey Richards, Johnny Gargano have all cancelled.

They had 3 ROH talents planned for the show however it is unlikely they will make the CZW show after they wrestle at ROH Final Battle also tonight.

Sad.

What a shock. Davey Richards cancels an Indy appearance :pac:

Who was Gargano against? Didnt even know he was on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Final Battle tonight and TLC tommorrow, love these wrestling weekends!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Who was Gargano against? Didnt even know he was on the card.

A surprise it seems.

sockmo wrote: »
    Final Battle tonight and TLC tommorrow, love these wrestling weekends!

Final Battle isn't a live iPPV. Will be uploaded on demand Monday morning US time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Haven't seen the show yet (work xmas party!) but looks like
    "Sick" Nick Mondo
    made an appearance! Delighted :D

Obviously spoilers involved for Final Battle:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Final Battle isn't a live iPPV. Will be uploaded on demand Monday morning US time.

i was very dissapointed on saturday night when i discovered it wasnt available to purchase, so I watched the Mitb anthology instead!

Smash Wrestling win:

2hey054.png

Hero vs Gulak from COD was a really good match, but Hero didnt seem to be in great shape. He was struggling at times and it wasnt even a fast paced match. Hopefully it's just a case of getting used to long matches again. His performance otherwise was as good as ever. Crowd was crap though. Hero's first major appearance since leaving WWE and they didnt care. The ROH reception was a million times better. They were more excited to see Tommy Dreamer yet again.

gnfnrhead what was worse the Freightrain COD match or the Outlaws Inc Final Battle match?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead what was worse the Freightrain COD match or the Outlaws Inc Final Battle match?

Freight Train. My first time seeing him and I hope I never see him again. He would actually be a big strike against watching a show. He wasnt helped by being lumped with Greg Excellent but it was downright awful whereas the Outlaw tag was just boring as fcuk. Corino on commentary helped it a bit. They actually got lucky that they didnt do the title switch like many expected. It would have went down horribly. The fans chanting for the match to end was pretty funny too.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hero vs Gulak from COD was a really good match, but Hero didnt seem to be in great shape. He was struggling at times and it wasnt even a fast paced match. Hopefully it's just a case of getting used to long matches again. His performance otherwise was as good as ever. Crowd was crap though. Hero's first major appearance since leaving WWE and they didnt care. The ROH reception was a million times better. They were more excited to see Tommy Dreamer yet again.

Just watched Hero vs Gulak. It was a good match but my GENUINE advice to Hero if he really wants to be re-signed by WWE and he does is he should instead of getting on the gas, brother is getting a tummy tuck. He has so much loose skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just finished watching Night 2 of this years BOLA. It's top to bottom a spectacular show. Especially the Young Bucks six person tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just finished watching tonight's Evolve show really great show from top to bottom,Trent Barreta is starting to really shine in the ring and the Bucks six man was really good as was the main with Richards and Fox,i liked Hero's match but thought there was just something lacking from it still a good match well worth getting the replay.

What was the HD feed like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

What was the HD feed like?

Really good and no streaming issues all night.

If anyone wants to watch live free Wrestling the National Pro Wrestling Day event is on here from 6pm:

http://nationalprowrestlingday.com/watch/

The return of CHIKARA is suspected on this show. But forget all that back story and just have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot about this and just caught the last couple mins on a choppy stream. Was that the return?

THE CHIKARA RETURN ANGLE WAS ONE OF FAVOURITE ANGLES OF ALL TIMES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just read a description elsewhere. Hoping the replay will be up soon. Sounds cool. Back in May?

Advertisement