Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concert - Swedish House Mafia *** READ POST 121 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Anyone know where I can find the setlist for Swedish House Mafia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

username?! wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find the setlist for Swedish House Mafia?

try www.setlist.fm

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit: Also just because people check out is no accounting for how they behave when intoxicated nor does it mean that someone guilty of a minor crime will automatically be trouble at an event , it's not a fool proof system.

Didn't they have to submit a photo too that was printed on the ticket? I'm going to search for that because I may not be recalling those details correctly, there were other reasons for application and the checks and some cases over the top but what other alternatives are we being left with I'm asking myself.

Yeah a photograph had to be supplied too which is printed on the ticket.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

I know you can't buy tickets for shm gig here but can anyone recommend where I can pick up 4 tickets for phoenix park gig?

Thanks

Kegs

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Last week for the BBC Hackney weekend, everyone was put through airport style security (metal detector tests, bag checks etc etc). For other festivals across the UK you see similar sorts of security checks. For Glastonbury, everyone has to apply for tickets and I believe background checks are also done before tickets are issued.

Theres no background checks that I know of but you do have to pre-register with a photo for your ticket (better get around to that for next years actually).
    Glastonbury is a bit of an oddity though. No restrictions on drink as long as its not in glass bottles. But theres pretty much zero trouble there. There was people drunk but very few anyway irritating. Everyone just wanted to enjoy themselves. Old people, young people, kids. Didnt matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Edit: Also just because people check out is no accounting for how they behave when intoxicated nor does it mean that someone guilty of a minor crime will automatically be trouble at an event , it's not a fool proof system.

I know it's not fool proof but if when people apply for tickets they have to supply a photograph and personal details so the authorities can do background checks on known thugs, criminals and then when ticket holders enter the event they are put through airport style security I think we would be on the right track.

If they can do it for a massive events like the BBC Hackney weekend, they can do it for gigs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

kegzmc wrote: »
    I know you can't buy tickets for shm gig here but can anyone recommend where I can pick up 4 tickets for phoenix park gig?

Thanks

Kegs

You mean the SHM gig that was on last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Higher wrote: »
    Disgraceful. This is Ireland today.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Irish crowds are just genernally awful.

Been to so many Rock/Metal gigs over the years and NEVER have i heard of incidents like this

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wolvis

nothing up there yet, probably will be later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

just back home from gig
    was mental.. first thing i saw when got into the area was a guy punch a girl full force in the face.. luckily there was security close by and he got floored but it kinda set up how the evenin was goin to go
    was just scumbags everywhere- really drunk scumbags

hopefully those who got stabbed have a speedy recovery

i did still enjoy the music (laser show with SHM was amazing) and had good night regardless of the mayhem around
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Been to so many Rock/Metal gigs over the years and NEVER have i heard of incidents like this

aye
    been to countless metal concerts and this was just.. strange.. such a contrast to how a day of music should be
    was almost like the sun brought out the worst in people

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

I got stuck on a train into town with these pigs going into the gig..it was only about 2:30 and they were all hammered and drinking more. girls and boys. they were being quite abusive and there were kids with their parents on the train. it was sickening.

Then later at about 4 I was having a quiet pint in o riellys when about 6 girls and 2 guys casually walked into the pub while drinking cans,shouting,screaming,being loud and obnoxious (all dressed the same exept for one girl who was wearing close to nothing).... they all went to the toilets at the same time id imagine there was some drug use going on, they were kicked out soon after.

it was like every skanger in the country was let loose for the day..not surprised there were people stabbed.Its a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

556512_446724158683982_662550021_n.jpg

A smile moment :D..Not all scum at it yesterday :D

Seen him at myself..having great craic he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Thank god he was up for it and they didn't just do it for the craic.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

sockmo wrote: »
    I got stuck on a train into town with these pigs going into the gig..it was only about 2:30 and they were all hammered and drinking more. girls and boys. they were being quite abusive and there were kids with their parents on the train. it was sickening.

Then later at about 4 I was having a quiet pint in o riellys when about 6 girls and 2 guys casually walked into the pub while drinking cans,shouting,screaming,being loud and obnoxious (all dressed the same exept for one girl who was wearing close to nothing).... they all went to the toilets at the same time id imagine there was some drug use going on, they were kicked out soon after.

it was like every skanger in the country was let loose for the day..not surprised there were people stabbed.Its a disgrace

Jaysus, you sound like such an aul wan

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Wonder if this will effect the David Guetta concert...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

I agree the noise was a joke, I'm in Tallaght and it was like it was a party in the neighbours!.

As the crow flies and using Google rules in Google maps...I'm 4 miles from the concert spot...
    whats it like for the animals at dublin zoo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

MikeSoys wrote: »
    whats it like for the animals at dublin zoo...

So far the animals have failed to comment on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

How where can I submit a complaint on the noise from the gigs...apart from telling Joe Duffy. It was good music and looks like it would have being a decent gig but still noise was too high ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissTBear

I had hoped for a weekend of rest and relaxation but I couldn't get any peace in my own house because of the noise pollution coming from Phoenix Park - I live in Bluebell and it sounded like the concert was in my back garden. That can't be allowed to happen again! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I hate generalisations but lets not be overly PC about this, the root of the trouble lies with us as a society and our relationship with alcohol and has nothing who/where people come from, more a discussion for another thread I think but as a society we need to look at these issues and or stop tolerating them which to a large extent is happening and in some ways a worse thing I feel.

Disagree - well, mostly. The trouble here is as much down to where people come from as it is their 'relationship' with alcohol/drugs - most people can handle a drink, and most people can get drunk without resorting to violence, whether or not you apporove of them being drunk in the first place. Generalisations are not always wrong - for example, you tend to get a certain demographic at a Rugby match, and you tend to get a certain demographic at a commercial dance gig. It's not snobbery, or anything else, it's just a fact.

Anyone who doesn't think that we have an issue with anti-social behaviour (particularly in Dublin) is deluded, and anyone who doesn't think that the majority of this trouble occurs within the bottom end of the so-called 'classes', is as much deluded.

It's just a fact, the most marginalised of society (be it fairly or unfairly) tend to always have an axe to grind, and this is always exageratted when drink and drugs get added to the mix

But putting the blame on alcohol solely is missing the point - yes, drink gets people drunk - but the problem always starts with the person.

People going around starting fights, stabbing people and thrashing the place do not deserve excuses, and by giving them the 'drink made me do it' get out of jail card, we'll never fix this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MikeSoys wrote: »
    How where can I submit a complaint on the noise from the gigs...apart from telling Joe Duffy. It was good music and looks like it would have being a decent gig but still noise was too high ....

OPW are in charge of the park. They gave the go ahead for the gigs etc. (for a few shekels though) so there'd be a good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭shane.

Mr.S wrote: »
    "that act" have broken up, so they probably won't be back.

Tbh, there was always, always going to be trouble at a gig like this, look in the past - big dance acts playing to big crowds here and there's always trouble.

Short of hiring a huge amount of security, which wouldn't make economical sense, I dont see what else the promoter could have done. I don't blame MCD at all really. They had more then the minimum number of external security required for the event. At a gig this size, if people want to cause trouble then they can, there is realistic way of stopping them.

Irish crowds are just genernally awful.

"Short of hiring a huge amount of security, which wouldn't make economical sense, I dont see what else the promoter could have done", what a stupid comment, if the promoter cant hire enough security for an event like this then the event shouldnt have taken place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

can't believe people thought it was too noisy.

I would wager that I live closer to the gig than most. I was at the Roses but I was at home for the other gigs, yes I could hear it but it wasn't bad.

It's a once off - don't we want these big events in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissTBear

T-K-O wrote: »
    can't believe people thought it was too noisy.

I would wager that I live closer to the gig than most. I was at the Roses but I was at home for the other gigs, yes I could hear it but it wasn't bad.

It's a once off - don't we want these big events in Dublin

I'd imagine it was down to the direction of the wind. I couldn't think straight the noise was that bad at times - I could hear every word. It would be no loss to not have these big events in Dublin if it means noise, anti social behaviour etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Was at the gig myself and only heard about the trouble today.

I had actually commented to a few people on how 99% of the people I had spoken to up there were just there to enjoy it and have a laugh, so was very surprised to hear about the stabbings and death(s). From my own experience it was one of the quietest gigs with regards to trouble that I've been at in a long time.

The organisation was very poor though. The queue to get in was basically pushing and barging for 30 minutes +. It also would have been very easy for anyone who didn't have a ticket to get in. I don't really know much about these things and I'm not from the area, but surely the organisers could have found a better and more effective way to get people in? Also, the search was basically none existent. Not the fault of the staff I suppose as they were mostly trying to avoid being knocked down by the stampede trying to get in, but those that were searched were barely touched and there were plenty of people not searched at all. It would have been very easy to bring knives etc in.

Overall I really enjoyed it and didn't see any trouble at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would anyone be able to put up Snoop's setlist?

I'm going off memory here, but it was something like this (in no particular order):

I Wanna Rock
    Gin and Juice
    What's My Name?
    California Girls
    Sensual Seduction
    Beautiful
    Jump Around
    Drop It Like It's Hot
    PIMP
    I Wanna Fuck You
    The Next Episode
    Sweat
    Tha Shiznit
    Young, Wild and Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

MissTBear wrote: »
    I'd imagine it was down to the direction of the wind. I couldn't think straight the noise was that bad at times - I could hear every word. It would be no loss to not have these big events in Dublin if it means noise, anti social behaviour etc

We cannot shut up shop over a few bad eggs... again I can only speak of the night I was there (Stone Roses) and it was a great night.

Of course we must have these events in Dublin, where are we supposed to have them??

Take you points on the wind - there was nothing between my place and stage other than a few trees... Now I wouldnt want that going on every weekend but it's a once off some people need to lighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm going off memory here, but it was something like this (in no particular order):

I Wanna Rock
    Gin and Juice
    What's My Name?
    California Girls
    Sensual Seduction
    Beautiful
    Jump Around
    Drop It Like It's Hot
    PIMP
    I Wanna Fuck You
    The Next Episode
    Sweat
    Tha Shiznit
    Young, Wild and Free

Nice one.

I hate the song "Young, Wild and Free" but I thought it was fantastic at the gig yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Balarrr Didiarr

Paully D wrote: »

I Wanna Rock
    Gin and Juice
    What's My Name?
    California Girls
    Sensual Seduction
    Beautiful
    Jump Around
    Drop It Like It's Hot
    PIMP
    I Wanna F[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k You
    The Next Episode
    Sweat
    Tha Shiznit
    Young, Wild and Free

Nice one.

I hate the song "Young, Wild and Free" but I thought it was fantastic at the gig yesterday

Did he do Lodi Dodi by any chance?

Advertisement