Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic Church's Eucharistic Congress 2012

• 09-03-2012 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Statio Orbis takes place in Croke Park on June 17th. Tickets are as scarce as the Madonna concert and only the most dedicated parishoners will be able to get their hands on them.

I just hope to God it won't be a happy-clappy Vatican II type affair and those crusty protesters who insist that church-goers have blood on their hands RE: child abuse will be kept well at bay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Not again

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This'll end well

or not

hopefully it ends soon either way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

thed want to be pretty damn kinky to have blood on their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

child abuse will be kept well at bay.

Well, if we've learned anything from the years of dedication the church has given us, it's that they never diddle kids on public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

FatherLen wrote: »

i bet the interpol anti pedophile squad mod that forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

If it wasn't for those pesky victims they would have kept child abuse well at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Stricktly an under 18s event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Statio Orbis takes place in Croke Park on June 17th. Tickets are as scarce as the Madonna concert and only the most dedicated parishoners will be able to get their hands on them.

I just hope to God it won't be a happy-clappy Vatican II type affair and those crusty protesters who insist that church-goers have blood on their hands RE: child abuse will be kept well at bay.

I smell someone who spends a lot of time under a bridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Personally Im looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember answering a question on the 1932 congress on the L.C paper. Aced it it too.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

These chaps are a lot more fun www.ukeristiccongress.com In Whelans Front Bar every second Saturday (Tomorrow) 7pm - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I actually have a ticket for this. I dont think they're as scarce as OP makes out. They will be if BXVI decides to rock up.

I'd say this is best discussed in the Christianity thread though. Otherwise it'll get tired real fast.

Can I get a Amen/Inane Protector of Paedophiles Everywhere comment on that brothers???

Paedophile
    Resident
    In
    Every
    Small
    Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 BlackCatMeoww

@I Heart Internet Didn't take long, did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

They will be if BXVI decides to rock up.
    He doesn't strike me as the type who 'rocks up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

If this was a Muslim or Jewish event people and someone criticised it, they'd immediately be accused of being a bigot but the Catholic church is fair game?

I hope it's a successful event :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Wonder if there'll be a strict NO TOUCHING policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

If this was a Muslim or Jewish event people and someone criticised it, they'd immediately be accused of being a bigot but the Catholic church is fair game?
    Everyone is fair game. Should the RCC be exempt from criticism?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

dvpower wrote: »
    He doesn't strike me as the type who 'rocks up'.

"Like a Boss" as the kids would say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

dvpower wrote: »
    Everyone is fair game. Should the RCC be exempt from criticism?

Of course not. I just find the Catholic church bashing rather tiresome that's all. An uncontroversial thread has become controversial by needless belittling.

ok lets just bash the bishops instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭conorhal

I fully intend to have blood on my hands, I'm part of the Statio Orbis Irish team in the stigmata contest....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Nah, the beliefs of those religions are retarded too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

The Muslims would bomb the **** out of me and the Jews control everything so who knows what they'd do.

The RCC can't do much as I'm no longer an altar boy. Easier target.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I find all comments against religion deeply offensive. My inflatable girlfriend is a muslim and I find it very handy because
    she blows herself up

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

bleg wrote: »
    Nah, the beliefs of those religions are retarded too.

I am horrified by that comment. My cousin is retarded. Retarded means slow not buckfcukin' stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've never heard anyone suggest church-goers are responsible for child abuse. The Church as an institution is responsible, I'm sure you'll admit, though I'm sure most priests are decent sorts for the most parts.

We allow freedom of religious worship in this country and I've no problem with this congress going ahead.

Likewise, I've no problem with people protesting at it about the crimes of the Church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Will try and get to this.

Advertisement