Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wladimir Klitschko VS Jean-Marc Mormeck (3/3/12, Germany)

• 03-03-2012 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I wonder if Klitschko will win by KO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,432 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He'd better or we'll be forced to listen to the Hayemaker's rants.

It's a sham contest. One of HW championship's worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Brad Goodman

Much as I admire the Klitschko's for what they've achieved in boxing (Olympic gold, multiple world titles etc.) and as people, I find them boring to watch. Even when they're knocking guys out it's rarely thrilling in the way a ko usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This is a terrible match up. Mormeck has struggled to narrow decision victories over guys that aren't even fringe contenders (anymore) and he is granted a shot at the #1 guy as his reward. That might be okay if Mormeck was a young undefeated contender who maybe had some impressive physical talents, such as lighting quick speed/reflexes, power or just very tall with a great reach.

But no, Mormeck's best days were at Cruiserweight where in fairness to him he was a fine champion. But that was some time ago and he was a Cruiserweight that was not helped by the change from 190 to 200 lbs, afterall he used to be a Light-Heavyweight. Considering his age aswell this is just a terrible fight.

It's actually pointless, huge shocks do happen in boxing occasionally, just look at Sonny Boy Jaro ko-ing Pongsaklek Wonjongkam yesterday, but this is the type of fight where we'd all be better off if they just updated the two fighters records, KO win for Wlad, KO loss for Mormeck, and give them both a bit of cash. No need to see an old Mormeck unable to get close to Wlad, busted up and hurt by the jab and eventually mercilessly finished off when Wlad decides it's a good times to throw a few staight rights.

If this goes past 2-3 rounds it's because that's what Wlad wanted to do, no other reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

Another sham opponent for the Klitschko's !

No wonder HW boxing is dead at the moment !!

There was more action in the Huck v Povetkin fight than all the Klitschko's fights put together !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Another sham opponent for the Klitschko's !

No wonder HW boxing is dead at the moment !!

There was more action in the Huck v Povetkin fight than all the Klitschko's fights put together !

Its been dead for donkeys years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It's not the brother's fault that everyone else is ****. They take the sport seriously, are meticulously prepared for every fight. Then compare that against guys like Chisora coming in at about 500lbs against Tyson Fury, Solis was pretty hefty for the few seconds he fought, and the rest either ducking the brothers embarrassingly or just willing to take the beating for the money.

It's not the Klitschko's that's the problem, it's heavyweight boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

It's not the brother's fault that everyone else is ****. They take the sport seriously, are meticulously prepared for every fight. Then compare that against guys like Chisora coming in at about 500lbs against Tyson Fury, Solis was pretty hefty for the few seconds he fought, and the rest either ducking the brothers embarrassingly or just willing to take the beating for the money.

It's not the Klitschko's that's the problem, it's heavyweight boxing.

No one said it was their fault. But the fact that they are fighting poor fighters begs the question why they don't knock them out early.

Instead they win 9 outta 10 rounds with the jab, about 2 right hands per round, then KO their opponents very unspectacularly very late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Anyone got a good stream for the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭dasdog

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

The pre-card link is German but its decent. Sky stream should be on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Shocking performance from Dallas. I'd be ashamed if I was him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Link above not showing fight.

Any other links?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What time is he due in the ring? 10ish?

The ring entrances could start around them, maybe bell ringing at 10.20-10.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

No links

According to Sky the fight is on next. I've give it 10-15 mins for ring walks, most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Guys, just a heads up regarding streams. Was on earlier today looking for a soccer stream when I seen this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056565895

Anyway, did not even know this was on tonight. These "handy" fights get a bit boring. Hope Klitschko turns it on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Lads did jamie mcdonald win? not sure thats how you spell it

risteard7 wrote: »
    Lads did jamie mcdonald win? not sure thats how you spell it

Yes, he won fighting a man two weights below him it looked...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

I predict the biggest upset ever just wait

No, I just don't see Mormeck winning that single round.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There's always one........

**** sake Klit, did you ever hear of a right uppercut? Or is that too difficlut a punch for you?

At least there was some entertainment. (at last...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭sxt

David Haye just tweeted

"Vitali has just finally agreed to fight me in a live RTL interview!!! He told me I will be his next fight!! Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!! "

Wladimir getting an early KO?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cant believe so many people paid to go watch Klitschko sparring.

• Advertisement

Wladimir entertaining though :eek: :eek:

Advertisement