Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My dress was €700, for me that was a lot.

Yeah €700 was my limit, but it being A. The perfect one and B. very possible to dye and wear again are making me consider it.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    She also told me yesterday that she'd hidden away some money that is intended for my wedding. I'd always assumed I'd have to pay for it myself. :D
    Though she was mortified when I suggested I use the money for a deposit on a house and just get married in a registry. She's wedding mad, planned out both my sisters for them and even got the job in a bridal shop to get them cheap dresses!

My mom said "I would offer to give you the money for the €1,500 dress but I know you just don't to spend it on it", too right, if someone gives me €1,500 I'm going to Toronto for a holiday, not buying a dress I'll wear once!

That's dedication for ya there, getting the job in the shop!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My uncles wife and her friend are dress makers so they made my sisters one. Ended up only costing a couple of hundred and she loved it. It was nice and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I was really lucky. I found a great dress, very simple style, that fit perfectly at Debenhams for like €200 :D I just needed to have it hemmed a tiny bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

mmmm sorbet.
    It's like a slightly healthier icecream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

On another wedding topic... I just found out that every single wedding I have been a bridesmaid in has ended in divorce. The last divorce just finalized on Friday. I am like the bad luck wedding charm :o

• Advertisement

mmmm sorbet.
    It's like a slightly healthier icecream.

It's like yokkier icecream :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I saw these really cool flowers made out of newspaper the other day, would make a great wedding bouquet for a book nerd like me.

I haven't thought about wedding dresses, a short one might be nice though.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I saw these really cool flowers made out of newspaper the other day, would make a great wedding bouquet for a book nerd like me.

I haven't thought about wedding dresses, a short one might be nice though.

Promise me when you get married you'll use fabulous old looking books to stand your cake on.

Edit: Justin Alexander has a beautiful tea length one, it's stunning, I wanted it for a couple of weeks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

jujibee wrote: »
    On another wedding topic... I just found out that every single wedding I have been a bridesmaid in has ended in divorce. The last divorce just finalized on Friday. I am like the bad luck wedding charm :o

Like an anti Good Luck Chuck thing?

I am just like Good Luck Chuck, loads of my ex's have married the girlfriend after me. Its like I trained them in or something. You are welcome Ladies!

I'm tired and lazy and want to watch One Born Every Minute, but I have work to do, humph. Boyfriend made a comment about half an hour ago about reusable nappies when an ad for Huggies was on, as in, poop towels basically. I was only half listening and was like "...Eh?", then he said "They can wear reusable ones, definitely". I queried who this "they" was and the said "the babies". I'm scared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Forgot how good brunches are NYOM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Kiera wrote: »
    Get it, get it, get it :)

And then dye it black before the wedding... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Feck it, I'm making oatmeal cookies.

Had a day off today and no-one was home so I wandered around singing showtunes. I hope my neighbours like this song, I really went for the high notes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Acoshla wrote: »
    I queried who this "they" was and the said "the babies". I'm scared.

Hmmmm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I have been studying and working on assignments since 8am. I r tired:(

Hahahahahaaa...kitteh just fell off coffee table and landed on dogs head:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Feck it, I'm making oatmeal cookies.

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/13143/lace-cookies.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

Do you know if you can use this for Harvard Referencing Rebel Girl?
    I'm tired and lazy and want to watch One Born Every Minute, but I have work to do, humph. Boyfriend made a comment about half an hour ago about reusable nappies when an ad for Huggies was on, as in, poop towels basically. I was only half listening and was like "...Eh?", then he said "They can wear reusable ones, definitely". I queried who this "they" was and the said "the babies". I'm scared.

Between that and what he said the other day you're really in for it!!! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't know what kind of dresses you're into but Monsoon do sort of bridal wear that you could get altered to look more mega wedding dress like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I've just agreed to make brunch for a friend next week cause she's feeling down and want's a pick-me-up before she goes to work at lunch time... what the hell do you serve at brunch? Can it be cake and cookies?

I've just agreed to make brunch for a friend next week cause she's feeling down and want's a pick-me-up before she goes to work at lunch time... what the hell do you serve at brunch? Can it be cake and cookies?
    The ice cream of course :)

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    Between that and what he said the other day you're really in for it!!! :pac::pac:

Yeah that was funny :) Finally watched that movie two nights ago with him, I've seen it twice in the last week, love it :)

For brunch I love pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, or Eggs Benedict, mmm, can anyone recommend any places for brunch in Dublin Sunday morning??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

french toast, pancakes, fruit etc

and/or cake & cookies, of course :pac:

Lola92 wrote: »

Yeah that was funny :) Finally watched that movie two nights ago with him, I've seen it twice in the last week, love it :)

For brunch I love pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, or Eggs Benedict, mmm, can anyone recommend any places for brunch in Dublin Sunday morning??
    Lemon

http://mobile.menupages.ie/mobRestProfile.aspx?rid=986

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have a faceache. Owee

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have a faceache. Owee
    From smiling?

Thanks Kiera.

Also if anyone can recommend somewhere for good tapas on Saturday afternoon/early evening that would be awesome too :)

Thanks Kiera.

Also if anyone can recommend somewhere for good tapas on Saturday afternoon/early evening that would be awesome too :)
    Not sure what time they open at but Salamanca is awesome: http://mobile.menupages.ie/mobRestProfile.aspx?rid=986

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Bewleys ? :)....that's where I used to go back when I had money. XD
    It was a good compromise for my friend and I when he wanted a nice full Irish breakfast and I wanted a decent coffee... They do pancakes and all that too. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    From smiling?

Could be, it's been a good day.

Lots of good reviews on something I wrote (which I thought was average at best) and then I got to my WW goal with a bit to spare. :)

That and the torrent of Doctor Who news.

I think my face ache is actually a forward facing headache though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I got a Chinese and now I'm sooooo full, can't move and feel guilty... Grr argh

Also, loving that bouquet made from the book pages!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement