Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Price of Sci Fi & Fantasy Books

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

pljudge321 wrote: »
    €15.75 in Waterstones, its half price in there all week. Of course you have to be in Cork which could be a disadvantage.

Just being in cork is a disadvantage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just being in cork is a disadvantage ;)

*bans from Soc category*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Sorry to drag up this old-ish thread but I just bought William Gibsons' brand new novel from BookDepository for Euros 4.81 delivered !!!!!
    If I drove into town and parked it would cost more than that even before I bought the book! Incredible! :D

I got 10% off by using the link in this thread from the Bargain Alerts forum:-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339509

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Sorry to drag up this old-ish thread but I just bought William Gibsons' brand new novel from BookDepository for Euros 4.81 delivered !!!!!
    If I drove into town and parked it would cost more than that even before I bought the book! Incredible! :D

I got 10% off by using the link in this thread from the Bargain Alerts forum:-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339509

I just used book depository for the first time a couple of days ago. I need Toll the Hounds soon so i said id have a look. €6.50 with no delivery charge. & for about €6 each i ended up buying Midnight Tides & The Bonehunters as well which i had left behind me travelling, & Reaper's Gale to replace the horible covered Tor edition i had bought in america. Essentially got four books for the price id pay for two in easons or dubray. That is mental.

EDIT: & that's without that 10% Bargain Alerts thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I just used book depository for the first time a couple of days ago. I need Toll the Hounds soon so i said id have a look. €6.50 with no delivery charge. & for about €6 each i ended up buying Midnight Tides & The Bonehunters as well which i had left behind me travelling, & Reaper's Gale to replace the horible covered Tor edition i had bought in america. Essentially got four books for the price id pay for two in easons or dubray. That is mental.

EDIT: & that's without that 10% Bargain Alerts thing!

or the 4% cashback from fatcheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Can any regular book depository customers on here tell me what they normally expect for delivery times? I don't mean what BD say, what you'd actually expect. I've an order that was apparently dispatched 28th July & i've got nothing yet. I'd have thought it would have arrived by now, normally alot faster the times i've ordered off amazon.

Maybe its free delivery for a reason.....

& there so called 'order tracking' is a joke. Telling me it's 'dispatched' isn't tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

2 to 6 weeks from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

... I just bought William Gibsons' brand new novel from BookDepository for Euros 4.81 delivered !!!!!

It costs €9.99 in Hodges Figgis.
    I have loved bookshops all my life but there's something unsustainable about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

I spent over £80 on books recently although it was fairly good value as I got 6 books out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lacase

The book depositary is having a sale at the moment and offering 5% off books. The important thing is to copy the discount code from the front page and add it when you are paying for the books otherwise you don't get it!

I got "The Wise Man's Fear" by Patrick Rothfuss (Hard back) for €12.75 from them the paperback is around €19 in Easons. It is a no brainer!! I just look at the prices in Easons for a laugh to see how much I can save.

• Advertisement
Advertisement