Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hmm, surely being Hong Kong based they are cheap knock offs no?

Afaik the format itself hasn't been hacked or duplicated yet although I could be wrong on that...

If it is a cheap knockoff then the total read / write lifetime on the card won't be as much as the official one.

I used to get knockoff Memorysticks for my PSP back in the day but I was lucky if they lasted me six months... especially if I had aherm... backed up PSP games running from the stick itself.

Aherm. AHERM... quite a cough I have there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    Afaik the format itself hasn't been hacked or duplicated yet although I could be wrong on that...

If it is a cheap knockoff then the total read / write lifetime on the card won't be as much as the official one.

I used to get knockoff Memorysticks for my PSP back in the day but I was lucky if they lasted me six months... especially if I had aherm... backed up PSP games running from the stick itself.

Aherm. AHERM... quite a cough I have there...

You could be right, I'm not sure if the format has been cracked yet actually. I'd still be very hesitant to buy anything of that ilk from Hong Kong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well he was a ME seller on ebay with about 20+K feedback with about 98.8% good feedback. Also the Vita cards haven't been hacked yet which is why they are so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I got my 32gb card off adverts there, the lad I bought it off had originally gotten it from a HK seller on ebay. Seems fine so far, after maxing it out due to all the PS Plus stuff I've built up over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

In my psp days I used to get knock off large capacity memory stick duos from Hong Kong.

They did the job but only just. Transfer speeds very poor and this became noticeable when playing games off the stick in a CFW kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right, I've just throw my Steel Battalion with controller up on adverts.
    It's priced keenly at 90 but the maybe wiggle room if a local here on A&R wants to throw in a quick offer

linky dinky!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Right, I've just throw my Steel Battalion with controller up on adverts.
    It's priced keenly at 90 but the maybe wiggle room if a local here on A&R wants to throw in a quick offer

I'd love to buy it... but I think it would be the 18 axle truck that breaks the camels back with Sauron.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd love to buy it... but I think it would be the 18 axle truck that breaks the camels back with Sauron.

We'll, I'd give you a very good deal, a very good deal.
    You'd be helping me out too, bringing another of the rarer creatures into the world, a PS Vita Owner!
    And, and.....
    Sera could use the main game disk because she has the controller only!

I am happy to sell this to a local for €60 of if someone wants to give the behemoth a home....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I would love to take that Cider.......Let me have a think about it...... ;)

Also just a heads up on the PS Vita.....My sons Vita ( which was bought last February and did not get much use ( left in box for @ 8 months ) has had an issue with the Left Analog Stick, ie it is fecked and will not work.:(
    Seems to be common so just a heads up.

On another note....

I have ahermed my psp 3000 and I am enjoying the delights of playing all the classic games on my psp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

really REALLY have to try and pick up a PSP.Whenever I seem to go looking for em' people are looking for stupid money, and whenever I'm not bothered they seem to go for 40-50..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dr Bob wrote: »
    really REALLY have to try and pick up a PSP.Whenever I seem to go looking for em' people are looking for stupid money, and whenever I'm not bothered they seem to go for 40-50..

sometimes you'll have to take a load of shovelware with the console to get a good deal.
    you should use CeX's site to get an idea of how much you can offload the games for before making an offer.

on a completely unrelated note, somebody in Wexford's getting a bargain on Tales of The Abyss

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=3391891956673

I have one here with an after market case on it... I managed to crack the screen when putting her back together.

Replacement screens are dirt cheap so it's yours if you want it. I've already purchased a replacement unit. It's already *ahermed* as somebody said earlier. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• 2 x Daytona stand up cab over on dungdeal!!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/4936173

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

2 x Daytona stand up cab over on dungdeal!!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/4936173

There's another driving cab in there too. They seem to have issues..but all three for €500? Bargain.

Who was it here that bought a sega racer a while ago that wouldn't boot? I would could this be used for parts?

Looks like there are other cabs in those photos too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks like a back storage room with a few cabs in there indeed!

• Wouldent mind the atomiswave mobo alone either if ya could get it fairly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder is Maximum Speed worth a few quid? That's one Atomiswave game I've never heard of (didn't even know there was a driving game for the system to be honest!)

• I believe it is although it requires an i/o for the controls too, but if ya could get the mobo/cart/i/o fairly right it might be a good deal, theres also another non working maximum speed cab up in a different ad, mobo/cart might be ok. Think there's a couple of other drivers on it, i've seen atomiswave mobo's go for 140 on there own so could be a bargain to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

The problem with the atomiswave system isn't the cost of the mobo necessarily but the games. They can be pricey enough and many of the reasonably priced ones are often boots.

Is it anyone here selling this Naomi kit on adverts?http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/jamma-ready-naomi-complete-kit-netdimm/3023715

I'd love to have it but saving for some other stuff atm :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I have one here with an after market case on it... I managed to crack the screen when putting her back together.

Replacement screens are dirt cheap so it's yours if you want it. I've already purchased a replacement unit. It's already *ahermed* as somebody said earlier. :-)

thats really cool thanks!, sure drop us a pm and let us know what you're looking for it!

thats really cool thanks!, sure drop us a pm and let us know what you're looking for it!

Nothing? It's of no use to me now really anyway and I can't be arsed replacing the screen on it as it's caused me enough frustration.

You can have it for nowt, if you fancy re-embursing me with a swap or whatever that's up to you but it's not expected at all.

I have it in work with me here and I'll be around Stephen's Green later today hopefully after 5pm meeting up with Steve_Si so if you're around you can have it later.

Ohh the charger cable has been slightly chewed by my rabbitbro so as long as you don't touch the exposed wire when it's plugged in you should be fine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I sense a "Lets Get Fixing - PSP Screen" video in the near future...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Raiden DX for £160 BIN on ebay here. Standard price for it these days. Not sure if it's JAP or US, maybe US since the seller is from there.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I sense a "Lets Get Fixing - PSP Screen" video in the near future...

Replacing the screen is easy...

Being an idiot and screwing the case on too tight thus cracking it - that's hard. :-)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Raiden DX for £160 BIN on ebay here. Standard price for it these days. Not sure if it's JAP or US, maybe US since the seller is from there.

That game is just sooo good.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Replacing the screen is easy...

Being an idiot and screwing the case on too tight thus cracking it - that's hard. :-)

Managed to mess it up myself the one time I tried it :( The Nes region mod is as far as my modding powers will ever go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement