Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

purplegeko wrote: »
    In recent weeks I have started to feel kind of lost and just drifting. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and i am really struggling.

I feel like i am 29 and my life is going nowhere. I have gone through rough patches mentally a couple times and usually find my own way out of it but it feels like this time is really different. I cant remember feeling this low. I find myself crying for no reason.

I have 1 real friend but still i find it really hard to talk to her. I wish i could talk too her and just tell her everything thats going on in my head but instead i find myself quiet around her and distancing myself from her and pushing he away.

My only hope is that i find the courage to talk to her before she loses hope in me and gives up on her friendship. If i were her i would have given up on it a long time ago.

A true friend wont give up on you. Just tell her what you are feeling inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Feeling a bit miserable at the moment:(
    It'll pass soon I'm sure. Lots of good stuff happening, so I'll have to try to focus on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I'm feeling really, really low today. I wish there was someone here I trusted enough to give me a hug :(

Mood getting increasingly worse, I really need to talk to somebody :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Twinwolf

First time posting on here. It’s hard to even know what to say. Been suffering/battling depression/anxiety what feels like most of my life. The last 5 years particularly bad, I feel like that time has been stolen from me in a way. I’m just on the constant rollercoaster of up and then down. Well mostly down, trying to force myself to keep on trying. Have been doing well-ish the last couple of months, finally found a medication that actually helps a small bit, after trying a silly amount that did nothing or gave terrible side effects. But just this week have had a giant crash, can’t do anything, mind spinning, feeling angry and just can’t stop crying. I feel like I am missing the gene most people have that makes them want to live. I’m not suicidal and I don’t want to die. It’s kind of more abstract than that. I just don’t want to exist. I just feel like that so strongly. I’m just tired of this rollercoaster & wonder is this it, will I ever be free from this or is it just something I’ll continually battle and have to ‘maintain’ in a way.

I’ve read a lot of the posts on here and know everyone’s in some similar boat. I think I just needed to get some of my thoughts out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hersheys wrote: »
    I'm feeling really, really low today. I wish there was someone here I trusted enough to give me a hug :(

I will give you a virtual, hope thats ok.

darkhorse wrote: »
    I will give you a virtual, hope thats ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Anxious the last 2 days which is making me feel more unsteady when walking :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Tis the day after a huge session last night so of course I feel horrible and want to curl up in a ball and die. Had to leave college at half ten this morning because I couldn't listen to everyones chatting :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Bad day >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Seren_ wrote: »
    Bad day >.<

Hope you're okay. You can always PM if you need to talk. <3

I've a horrible sinking feeling that I'm somehow going to harm myself today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Don't do that, please. Stick it out even for today,

Anxiety levels rising through the roof even though the day started will.

neemish wrote: »
    Don't do that, please. Stick it out even for today,

Anxiety levels rising through the roof even though the day started will.
    Anxiety sucks. Just try find your happy mood from this morning xx

Not gonna do anything, just feel like I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hersheys wrote: »
    I've a horrible sinking feeling that I'm somehow going to harm myself today :(

Well now that you have identified the feeling, is there anything you can do to make it go away and prevent the self harm? Think of what is different about today than other days you resisted and see if there's anything you can change. I know it's hard but try to be proactive and motivated :) take care of yourself

I know deep down that I'm not going to do it, but the feelings of wanting to suck so much. I'm under so much pressure in work today but I can't focus :(

Well there's a positive thought to focus on. That you've overcome this feeling before and you know you will overcome it today.

And in work, just make a list if what you need to do and focus on the most important task first, do things one at a time so you aren't overcome with pressure. Maybe writing them all out in a way that's best for you will make it seem less daunting.

I have to-do lists out the yazoo at the minute, I just can't focus. I really need a good, decent nights sleep and maybe a lie on. Friday night cannot come quick enough.

I know the feelin. Took a sleeper last night as I could sleep in this morning. Still didn't sleep. Bloody frustrating. So much to do at work and so lttle concentration. Working late tonight again. Can't wait to get out of here. Don't even have the full weekend off

:(

I'll have to come in on Saturday too but it's more flexible (and I can wear tracksuit!!!). I can also drive on a Saturday so I don't have to endure the bus :)

Hate work sometimes.

• Advertisement

I'm jealous! Eight am on Sunday and I have to dressed up. even have to put the facepaint on.

Love it when I'm finished and and go home and fall into bed

What time do you get to finish at so?

Early enough - around 1pm.
    Ugh - don't know if I'll survive today

That's not so bad, you still have the rest of the day to yourself.

You will survive today, what time are you finished at?

Around 9.30pm. Just reminding myself to breathe at this stage. Can't concentrate at all

You'll get through it. Do you have far to travel home after?

I've been starting to feel better the last few days. Stopped thinking about all the things that could be bringing me down in life and started to focus a bit more inwards.

I realised I changed a lot lately, and had become a bit too serious. I moved this year and I made new friends, but I was a lot more reserved with them than with old friends, think I was a bit afraid that they wouldn't like me if they really knew me, so was trying to be quite and fit in with the crowd. I really never even noticed I was doing this!

So trying to go back to the funny silly girl I used to be, and try not take everything so serious. Not sure exactly how to go about this, but I feel better having noticed it anyway. :)

Well now I'm a little bit teary about something I can't really fix :o Its only temporary though for another while, just wish it could change sooner.

Or that I could change how I feel about things.

Well now I'm a little bit teary about something I can't really fix :o Its only temporary though for another while, just wish it could change sooner.

Or that I could change how I feel about things.
    Tears are good for you xx

• Advertisement

I had a panicker at 4. Still not feeling right from it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement