Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Current Weather Conditions - June 2009

Comments

• Very heavy rain at times here.It was in actual fact containing icy bits on the window at times when heavier.I wouldn't rule out snow on the top of lugnaquilla.

Total now 10.7mm
    Temp is 8.8c

My copy of WDL has crashed-so my web page isn't updating.I've no time at present to even begin to look into it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

31.8mm rain since 7am this morning. Still raining hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Docarch, your total seems a bit on the high side compared to the other Dublin stations.

22.9mm here so far.

Currently it looks like this here - webcam.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You guys seem to have copped a lot, the rain here has been light since it took hold.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Docarch, your total seems a bit on the high side compared to the other Dublin stations.

22.9mm here so far.

Currently it looks like this here - webcam.jpg

Well I had 14.7mm between 7am and 9am from two really heavy showers (rain and hail) - I was looking at reports from both Casemnet and Dublin AP and they were both reporting very little rainfall over the same period. You know yourself, this type of weather can be very localised.

Also bear in mind that wind is north esat/east and that I am at higger elevation than both Casement and Dublin AP, in the foot hills of the Dublin Mountains, so I would expect to be getting an element of orographic rainfall.

up to 35.1mm now.

• Advertisement

Up to 27.4mm here now( current r/r 5.8mm/hr), I won't be denied first place by a Dubliner before the day is out!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

My rainfall total for yesterday was 45mm (:eek:) Casemnet (according to Met E) was 44.7mm. So there you go. ;)

Not raining now but clearly quite heavy at time overnight. Overcast and quiet, but a few patches where it could break.

edit clearing up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

After a fine start to the morning it's now overcast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Dry cloudy with some sunny spels 12 or so deg (near to bantry bay)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Pretty heavy downpour of hail/rain here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sligo had about three (or was it five? :D) drops of rain on Saturday evening.
    Sunday was a mix of showery looking clouds and sunshine but no rain and today looks to be yet another fine, dry day.

Just thought I'd rub it in :cool:

Overcast, some light rain on and off. Mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭arctictree

Overcast here. Chilly - 11.4c

Looking forward to the long hot summer!!

A

Lightly overcast skies clearing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Raining since the early am some heavy bursts no sign of it stopping anytime soon

Lightly overcast. no wind to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Fine sunny afternoon after a cloudy start.

heavy cloud cover light showers no wind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Been under heavy, at times torrential, shower for last 25 minutes- about 10 rumbles of thunder (some very close with visible forks).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea thought i heard a rumble!

So logged on, seemingly im not going mad!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Lots of thunder and lightning out along the west Dublin/Meath border.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Beautiful sunny evening here in Roscommon.

Fine evening finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

been a great day here in mayo, currently 13c and not a cloud in the sky

Summer returns for a breif while.

light scattered showers some sunny spells wind southerly 3-4
    temp 16 c aprox

Drizzly crapola, wheres my sun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Lightning here in roscommon now.

• Advertisement

Started awful, heavy mizzel and chilly. Cleared quite quickly around 12-1 pm then dry and bright if breezy with variable cloud.

Advertisement