Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Just recieved an email 5 mins ago informing me that there is a freeroll for this on Thurs July 24th :rolleyes: I unfortunately left my DeLorean at home today, is this mail supposed to be advertising a freeroll today instead?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Just recieved an email 5 mins ago informing me that there is a freeroll for this on Thurs July 24th :rolleyes: I unfortunately left my DeLorean at home today, is this mail supposed to be advertising a freeroll today instead?

Cheers

The mails got backlogged on our system and released the tail end of the one in july.

Updated email will appear in next 10 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

Neill, Adam,
    I get the emails, but there is no content in them.
    All I see is the subscribe and unsubscribe links.
    Just to let you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Mateo Old-fashioned Globe

No luck packages reserved for online, just booked hotel direct

actually tried to book hotel and Gleneagle sold out pffft load of cock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

actually tried to book hotel and Gleneagle sold out pffft load of cock

We have been warning people all along to book the hotel early as it would sell out. I'll be in touch with the girl looking after the poker bookings today and I'll find out the exact scenario as regards room availability. I was at a meeting earlier in the week and was told that Ladbrokes had 150 rooms taken for online qualifiers and that there was another 150 rooms sold to the public, and all them rooms were poker related. So that tells us that another 150 people(at least) have booked rooms in the hotel for the poker, but haven't registered for the tourney yet.(I'm awaiting a list because some of them rooms are more than likely twins or triples so theres obviously more that 1 poker player to a room).

The Glen Eagle hotel have another hotel, The Brehon Hotel, built in its grounds and this hotel is also being kept solely for the poker public along with the riverside appartments, also on hotel grounds. If you'd like my advice Fran, I'd book the Brehon if I was you. Its a 3 year old 5 star hotel that trades as a 4 star for commercial reasons, and is one of the nicest hotels I've ever been in. Literally, 1--2 mins walk to the National Events Centre where the poker is on.

Give me a ring when you get a chance on 087-2833343

Connie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

question, I was planning on satelliting into this, and worst case scenario having to pay in. have accom booked. does this mean I now have to pay in full for the tourney now online to guarantee a seat?? What happens if I win a seat in a sat between then and now? is my money refundable? how about a super sat ticket? Surely ur going to end up with spare seats because people will book their seat then win one of the satellite seats and they are already prebooked. couldnt u seriously lower your numbers doing it this way? As in they wont use both seats, but u have it reserved and people cant buy in on the day????

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

connie147 wrote: »
    Ladbrokes had 150 rooms taken for online qualifiers and that there was another 150 rooms sold to the public, and all them rooms were poker related.

The Brehon Hotel, built in its grounds and this hotel is also being kept solely for the poker public along with the riverside appartments, also on hotel grounds

Lol, degenerate city right there.
    Visions of Stu Ungar betting the case loot on a game of penny toss down the corridor

zuroph wrote: »
    question, I was planning on satelliting into this, and worst case scenario having to pay in. have accom booked. does this mean I now have to pay in full for the tourney now online to guarantee a seat?? What happens if I win a seat in a sat between then and now? is my money refundable? how about a super sat ticket? Surely ur going to end up with spare seats because people will book their seat then win one of the satellite seats and they are already prebooked. couldnt u seriously lower your numbers doing it this way? As in they wont use both seats, but u have it reserved and people cant buy in on the day????

Hi there,
    If you pre-register into the event and then go on to win a sattellite ticket, obviously your not going to be left holding 2 tickets. In off line sattellites, it will be pretty easy to control this. I've sent an email off to Ladbrokes to confirm how payment for the "2nd" ticket thats won through an online satellite would be returned. I'll post here as soon as I have the details.

As regards the super satt, we intend to reserve enough tickets to service the super-satt. If as you say, people win tickets in the super satt that have already pre-registered their seat, (and I expect some will), then we'll still be able to move them tickets by way of stt's late on Thursday night or early on Friday.)

Hope that helps, if you've any more queries, post them up and I'll my best to answer them.

Connie

thanks connie. just a pain to have to come up with the cash now, i thought id have another while to get it together!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

how fkin hard is it to take my email off your list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Mateo Old-fashioned Globe

thx Connie got sorted

valor wrote: »
    how fkin hard is it to take my email off your list?

Hi Gavin,

U did not ask me to be taken off the list Gavin. A simple please take me off the list would do as previously u said that u had blocked it as spam if i am not mistaken. If u have any problems after this let me know i have attached the link to unsubscribe below.

Here is the link to remove

Regards

Neill

also, its an email, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

zuroph wrote: »
    also, its an email, get over it.

was actually 2

thx Connie got sorted

No problem Fran.

If any other boardie is having a problem with accommadation, please contact me and I'll do my upmost to sort it out for ye.
    Contact me by
    posting here,
    or PM'íng me
    or Mobile: 087-2833343
    club: 064-30057
    email--cueclub@eircom.net.

Connie o Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ace2007 wrote: »
    was actually 2

I got 4!

lol, well, yeah, and is the first one always empty for everyone else too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

the ladbrookes software is an absolute nightmare btw.

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I think its alright, once you're in a game better than ipoker and devilfish, worse than stars.
    but the lobby interface is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DeadParrot wrote: »

I thought it was alright. The Daily final last night was excruciatingly long though. Still, won a seat in the weekly final so happy days. Fingers crossed for Monday now. Cheap seats FTW!

• Advertisement

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    If you pre-register into the event and then go on to win a sattellite ticket, obviously your not going to be left holding 2 tickets. In off line sattellites, it will be pretty easy to control this. I've sent an email off to Ladbrokes to confirm how payment for the "2nd" ticket thats won through an online satellite would be returned. I'll post here as soon as I have the details.

As regards the super satt, we intend to reserve enough tickets to service the super-satt. If as you say, people win tickets in the super satt that have already pre-registered their seat, (and I expect some will), then we'll still be able to move them tickets by way of stt's late on Thursday night or early on Friday.)

Hope that helps, if you've any more queries, post them up and I'll my best to answer them.

Connie

Just to confirm that Ladbrokes have been back to me to confirm that any player winning a satt on line with them, that results in that player having 2 seats for the main event, will have his seat value transferred into his account.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Note to all Players:

Decision made today after a meeting with all parties of the event that the event is to be capped at 650 players only . At the present moment Ladbrokes have taken 150 seats from this and the offline events we know have over 150 seats now reserved.Big Slick and the Cue Club also have 40 seats reserved for the super sat.

This Brings us up to 350 seats gone for the main event at present . We now strongly advise that seats are purchased to avoid any dissappointment . If we hit our max capacity the prizepool will stand at a massive €325,000 for the main event.

Players must Register online prior to the event and registration will close online at midnight September 28th.

Regards

BigSlickEvents
    CueClubEvents
    i am thinking of running a sat for this neil, what packages are you holding , is it the accom. also or just the entry

DAMO72 wrote: »
    i am thinking of running a sat for this neil, what packages are you holding , is it the accom. also or just the entry

Hi Damo ,

Can u send me on ur details in a pm and i will call u monday on this

I need

Contact Details
    Postal address
    Club/Venue

Ill be in touch on monday

Regards

Neill K

does that mean that we can keep playing sats for the cash value

Mellor wrote: »
    does that mean that we can keep playing sats for the cash value

Hi Mellor,
    I presume you mean can you keep playing online satts for the cash value as in if you win a ticket online at Ladbrokes, can you play the other online satts on Ladbrokes and cash out one of the seats if you win a second one? If thats the question, I'll get back to you with a definate answer within a couple of days.

If your question is regards to off-line satts, then of course the answer is yes. If you already hold a seat and say you win another one at our super satt, of course we will give give you the monetary value of it.

Connie

Dont Forget Players we have 2 payment options up to sep 28th

1.Set up a Ladbrokes Account and lodge money to that account in any Ladbrokes shop and enter Online.

2.Send a Cheque or Bankdraft Made Payable to Blazin Aces Partnership for the sum of €550 and please include all contact details Name/Dob/Address/Contacts

Neill Kelly
    90 Monvoy Valley
    Tramore
    Co Waterford
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

Is there a list of hotels that are [B]NOT[/B] fully booked ?

(Gleneagles and Brehon fully booked)

Thanks in advance.

Eoin , Did they say that today?

Im sure the brehon is not fully booked ?

Send connie a pm on this he will look after it for u

his user name is connie147

eoin-dubh wrote: »
    Is there a list of hotels that are [B]NOT[/b] fully booked ?

(Gleneagles and Brehon fully booked)

Thanks in advance.

There are still rooms available in both the Glen Eagle and the Brehon. I think whats happening is the hotel is totally blocked off for the poker event and somebodys getting mixed up somewhere. I'm on the phone as we speak to Norma, the girl whos looking after the bookings for the event. If you have any further problems, either pm me here or ring me on 087-2833343

Connie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 helloboys

bump:confused:

any updates in general for this event

also connie whats the best hotel in your opinion and where can i pay cash?

i know it was said before which clubs that you can pay cash in but i cant find it.

also is there a closing date for entries-how many left?

thanks

Advertisement