Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off Republic (yet again!!)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Just needed to post this.

2 weeks ago I was in NI & I went into the electrical goods store, Currys. There I saw a laptop & decided to buy it.
    My credit card bill stated it cost me €585.

Yesterday I was in Blanch, & again I decided to take a stroll into Currys.
    There was my lovely little laptop.
    Same model, same spec, same store.
    It was on sale for €799

Why oh why should it cost me €214 more to buy an identical model from an identical store, only on opposite sides of the border????

That cr@p p!sses me off!
    Imagine how p!ssed off I'd have been if the order of my journeys were reversed.

I live on the border, so I'm used to shopping in the North. I've seen this many many times. Argos are very guilty of this, but I've never seen anything as bad as €214 in the difference!!!

What ye guys think?

(Don't tell me it was a different spec laptop. I work in IT, I know it's the same laptop);)

Dont come bitching on here, it will solve nothing. And i dont mean that in a nasty way at all. I mean it as in focus your outrage to the correct people. I.e Dixons PLC. Write in a formal letter of complaint and give out stink about this bullshít. And dont except stuff like shipping costs and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Anti wrote:
    Dont come bitching on here, it will solve nothing. And i dont mean that in a nasty way at all. I mean it as in focus your outrage to the correct people. I.e Dixons PLC. Write in a formal letter of complaint and give out stink about this bullshít. And dont except stuff like shipping costs and the likes.

Dear Mr. Dixon,

The prices in Curry's are an outrage.

Yours Sincerely,
    Angry Mob.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Well,you also have to look at it this way.
    The average wage in NI is (afaik), a good bit lower than that in the south.
    As such, the price of living is also lower.

Advertisement