Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vote Match

• 22-02-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

http://votematch.tv3.ie/

Has anyone voted in this poll on tv3?

Vote Match is designed to help you with determining your voting preferences for the General Election.

To do the quiz, simply click the "start" button in the box on the right.

Will you come with who you want to vote? :D
    Post what comes up for you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

caseyann wrote: »

It says 79% Labour, 48% Fine Gael, -11% Green.

In fact I'll probably vote FG, Green, Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

sf-53%

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Ray Burkes Pension

Some of the questions are a bit strangely worded.

I'm not sure it matches parties and the answers very well.

Q2 "The number of days the Dáil sits should be increased by 50%"

FG disagree "Fine Gael believe it should be 40%"

That's really spiting hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

fine gael 59%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Sinn Féin:
    94%

• Advertisement

Q3 "The current voting system for the Dáil should be reformed"

Green Party - Open Minded!!!
    "The Green Party has proposed a radical overhaul of the way representatives are elected to Dáil Éireann. The Green Party proposes the following measures: • Reducing the number of TDs from 166 to 120 (a cut of over 25%) • Having 60 of these elected from single-seat constituencies via STV. • Having 60 elected from a national top-up list system. • The top-up system will ensure that proportional representation is maintained, with every party polling over 2% overall being represented in proportion to their overall vote."

Obviously the Green answer for this should be a yes, just like FF and SF who recently copied this policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

It says 79% Labour, 48% Fine Gael, -11% Green.

In fact I'll probably vote FG, Green, Labour.

Minus 11 percent, you must hate the greens.

Q4 "There should be annual increases in spending on schools"

FG - Yes

"Fine Gael believes education is central to economic recovery and has suffered to a great extent in the last two years due to the last Government’s economic mismanagement. Ideally, Fine Gael believes class size should be reduced and supports for schools should be increased. However, regrettably, the dire fiscal crisis facing this country as a result of the last Government’s catastrophic economic failure has resulted in a situation where the next Government will have to pick up the pieces and reduce the national deficit by a further €9bn over the coming period. The Fine Gael Party is fundamentally committed to protecting the education sector during the difficult stretch ahead but unfortunately it will not be possible at this juncture to commit to raising the education budget as proposed during this period."

So the answer should be No.

Q8 Health insurance should be mandatory
    Greens - No

"The Green Party supports universal equal access to a basic defined level of health care services with no cost or minimal cost at the point of access. Health care should be funded through universal compulsory health insurance distinct from general taxation."

So that's a Yes then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Vote Match UK has been developed by and © 2011 Unlock Democracy.

And who the hell is Seamus Sherlock ?

Q10 - "New prisons need to be built"
    Greens - Open Minded

"The Green Party is opposed to the building of a new prison at Thornton Hall. The Green Party believes that the Irish penal system is in dire need of reform at the most fundamental level. The recurring problems of recidivism, overcrowding and psychiatric issues need to be addressed immediately. We do not believe that building new prisons will effectively deal with these urgent issues."

That's a No then.

Q11 "There should be minimum sentences for crimes such as murder"
    FG - Open Minded

"There already is a mandatory life sentence for murder, which convicted persons remain under for the duration of their life. We are suggesting that there should be a minimum imprisonment period specified (e.g. 25 years)."

That's a Yes.

• Advertisement

I have to wonder was this set up to be biased towards one particular party. The whole is think is so inaccurate its not funny.

On to question 15
    "The national pension reserve fund should be used by the Government for other purposes as they see fit"

All of the parties agree that they should use the Pension Reserve Fund for what they feel like doing to it.

But according to this FG Disagree with using it even though they say
    "Fine Gael will use teh Pension Fund to invest in Irish infrastructure"

Greens are supposedly open minded even after
    "The Green Party believes that the National Pension Reserve Fund can be used in a strategic manner to set us on the path to economic recovery. For example, the Green Party would draw €500 million from the National Pension Reserve Fund to scale up the National Retrofit Programme so that we double that figure to 100,000 premises retrofitted every year. This will mean that 1 million of the 1.8 million homes in Ireland will be insulated by 2020, making it the most innovative, ambitious, energy-related initiative ever introduced in Ireland. 25,000 new jobs will be created under the Programme."

They even have Sinn Fein disagreeing with it even though SF plan to use the Pension Fund to all their economic plans.

I have to wonder was this set up to be biased towards one particular party. The whole is think is so inaccurate its not funny.

On to question 15
    "The national pension reserve fund should be used by the Government for other purposes as they see fit"

All of the parties agree that they should use the Pension Reserve Fund for what they feel like doing to it.

But according to this FG Disagree with using it even though they say
    "Fine Gael will use teh Pension Fund to invest in Irish infrastructure"

Greens are supposedly open minded even after
    "The Green Party believes that the National Pension Reserve Fund can be used in a strategic manner to set us on the path to economic recovery. For example, the Green Party would draw €500 million from the National Pension Reserve Fund to scale up the National Retrofit Programme so that we double that figure to 100,000 premises retrofitted every year. This will mean that 1 million of the 1.8 million homes in Ireland will be insulated by 2020, making it the most innovative, ambitious, energy-related initiative ever introduced in Ireland. 25,000 new jobs will be created under the Programme."

They even have Sinn Fein disagreeing with it even though SF plan to use the Pension Fund to all their economic plans.

I was wondering myself with a few things lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

FG 68% FF 48% LAB 42% SF 37% GP -2%

Still voting for independents on Friday though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

FF 70%
    Lab 52%
    SF 31%
    GP 17%

It's much the opposite of what votematic gave me when I tried it earlier this week
    I answered as best as I could so how are votematic and votematch so different?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

So after 25 questions about my preferences I'm asked to select at least three parties I would consider voting for, and the result just verified (near enough) my input and but without the choice of 'others'.
    The independents could/should have been an option. I know they aren't united with the same views but they are an option.

...and why would you need to give your constituency for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Labour 71%
    SF:68%
    Green: 36%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

FF 70%
    Lab 52%
    SF 31%
    GP 17%

It's much the opposite of what votematic gave me when I tried it earlier this week
    I answered as best as I could so how are votematic and votematch so different?

Same happened to me.
    Vote Match

Fianna Fáil: 67%
    Fine Gael: 58%
    Sinn Féin: 49%
    Labour Party: 34%
    Green Party: 3%

Votematic
    FF....FG...LAB....GRN....SF
    3.....24.....12.....11.....-5

Much the same questions, and my politic views haven't changed that much in a week. :rolleyes:

Yeah this doesn't look too accurate. At least I hope not, it told me my closest match is Fianna Fail *shudder*

Or maybe none of you actually are voting for the right party lol

I got 94% with SF (Mine was off should have been 100%) :mad:

It was dead right as well FF didnt even come up on my radar lol

Advertisement