Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody know an Irish artist that does Commissions?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I've recently taken some beautiful photos on my holidays and would like to get them done into a painting. Can anybody recommend an Irish artist who does commissions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Tomás O’Maoldomhnaigh, Ennis, Co.Clare.

I don't know him. I just remember his name from some articles in local newspapers. You can see examples of his work on his website http://www.tomasartist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Also, Sean MacDermott, Ennis. Co.Clare.

I have seen his paintings for sale in a cafe and a post office in Ennis, and he has made Christmas cards with scenes of Ennis.

I can't find a website for him, but he is mentioned here:
    http://www.clarefocus.ie/index.php/Details/Business-Listing/www.WowWee.ie-Click-here-for-more-details.html
    "WowWee.ie has also teamed up with well-known Co Clare artist Sean McDermott who can offer his talent for special commissions for customers. If there is a special corner of Ireland that you love and hold dear to your heart, WowWee.ie will arrange for artist Sean McDermott to paint it specially for you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ireland art

Hi - i recently sent my some photos to Gerry Hegarty (www.gerryhegarty.com) and he has painted the most amazing paintings of them. He has captured exactly what i was looking for and his prices were very reasonable too. I found Gerry very easy to deal with and he had the paintings ready in no time at all. I would highly recomend Gerry's work to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

I know a really good guy in Dundalk. If you need details pm me. I can introduce you if you like as I know him very well. He works in oils and water colour. Did you have a preferance?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭michellemuncher

Hi

I don't know if you are still interested but I am a fairly decent painter. I went to art college and am now concentrating on Graphic Design. I have almost completed a large mural and could send you a photo of it if you like. I am in Dublin.

Michelle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Where are you from? Know a great artist in Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 artinvestor

Hi - i recently sent my some photos to Gerry Hegarty (www.gerryhegarty.com) and he has painted the most amazing paintings of them. He has captured exactly what i was looking for and his prices were very reasonable too. I found Gerry very easy to deal with and he had the paintings ready in no time at all. I would highly recomend Gerry's work to anyone.

Thank you, i like the way he captures movement in his paintings so i sent him one of my photos for him to paint. I was very happy with his work and will be getting him to do more for me of my next holiday. Thank you for your help.

Advertisement