Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Open Source 'version' of Flash?

• 30-05-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

does anyone know (for experimentation purposes here) if there is an Open Source or equivalent version or program of Flash that can manipulate Flash files? I have Adobe CS4, so saving to a legacy version is not a problem, but for my nephew's school project, I'd like to see if there is a free program that can utilize his Flash movie we made together.

Thanks in advance,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

While not open source, SWiSH miniMax2 is $100 (~70 euro).

I have SWiSH Max and have worked on Flash files. It comes with a *ton* of predefined effects (miniMax2 comes with a subset).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks for that daymobrew, that should help him edit the file on his own machine. The problem is that I have CS4 for the Mac, and his little laptop is a notebook, that's why I can't give him my copy!

Seanie.

Advertisement