Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

whats your favourite beer brand?

• 18-03-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23 extraflavour

whats your faourite beer brand? ive been curious to see if its more common for people go for the cheaper choice or quality or in the middle of the two, i find myself choosing heineken..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My favouriite beer is a New Zealand brew called Monteith's Black.

It can't be got in Ireland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

depends on the pub for me, known;guinness if i know its good, unknown or otherwise; heineken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Paulaner, Schneider Heffe Weiss or Maisels Weiss

Pretty much any decent German beer, I am quite happy to pay for decent beer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Erdinger if i'm out.

anything else (€1 bottles(except budweiser if you can call that a beer)) when i'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Guinness gets my vote, again if you know your getting a good pint...
    favorite foreign brew would be Mahou, a Spanish beer but unfortunately haven’t seen it for sale in Ireland.. Anybody seen this around????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Cremo wrote: »
    Erdinger if i'm out.

anything else (€1 bottles(except budweiser if you can call that a beer)) when i'm not.

Exactly the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Bud if i have to drink beer, love vodka! Also like coors light (dont give out it just goes down so easy):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

My favourite beer brand would be Guinness followed by Grolsh and Brahma. I like how simplistic the Guinness marketing material is and how they have a traditional line through them mostly........ Brahma is brazillian with some very funky street art and cool brading........or is this what is your favourite type of beer? Sorry i work in the beverage industry so i got side tracked and nerdy.

Favourite beer is presently Paulaner and Lech, but it varies with Guinness always being Number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I'd go with Heineken because I drink that when I'm out!!

But I love imported beer, a german beer called Spaten was the last one to take my fancy.

Yes I've tasted Mahou (pronouned "Maugh") in Spain before, it's alright but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Liefmans Goudenband

• Advertisement

(dont give out it just goes down so easy):D

Must resist, so many filthy jokes here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Bud if i have to drink beer, love vodka! Also like coors light (dont give out it just goes down so easy):D
    The "B" word and something to do with lights. :eek:

For shame lala.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭gucci

Delerium Tendencies, a belgian beer, thats some quality stuff if anyone wants something nice for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Must resist, so many filthy jokes here :p

I thought that after i posted the comment!!!:o

I thought that after i posted the comment!!!:o

Funny though ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

gucci wrote: »
    My favourite beer brand would be Guinness followed by Grolsh and Brahma.

What a horrible beer - I've heard it has more chemicals than any other beer in the world, and I'd well believe it.

Guiness.

After that lagers, such as Spaten, Staropramen, Leffe Blond, Tuborg (cheap but really good), but most importantly, I like to try a variety of beers to keep it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Good old reliable Smithwicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

[

Yes I've tasted Mahou (pronouned "Maugh") in Spain before, it's alright but nothing special.[/QUOTE]

Pronounced MAO, as in Chairman ...!!
    :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Staropramen, good to see a few pubs around town have it on draught now.

I like good quality beer like Spaten or Budvar and I tend to stock up on a couple of bottles of anything new I see in the loacl offie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Guinness and Carlsberg at home

Carlton Cold and Pure Blonde over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Guinness for me. None of these namby-pamby inpronouncable weiss beers or any of that nonsense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pure Blonde over here.
    Low Carb beer brother?
    For shame.
    For even more shame cos I drink it too.
    Better than that VB shoite.
    I like the ole Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen if I can, or that Chang beer is some lovely stuff. But in fairness the one thing I really want that I cant get over ere is a pint of Smithwicks.
    Man thats underappreciated stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

LBut in fairness the one thing I really want that I cant get over ere is a pint of Smithwicks.
    Man thats underappreciated stuff.

I thought myself (and my dad) were the only ones out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Coors Light
    Miller
    Bintang ( Had to sample the local brew in Bali on the honeymoon :D:D:D )

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Coors Light

The Non-Drinkers Forum is over there somewhere
    >

Low Carb beer brother?
    For shame.
    For even more shame cos I drink it too.
    Better than that VB shoite.

:o For shame indeed. It's just so nice though!

And agreed on VB. What horrible tasting piss that is. How somebody would voluntarily drink it I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Guinness, Smithwicks or Staropramen. however, obviously depends on availability and quality.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Me housemate swears by the VB. So do a fair few of the hardened beer drinkers I've met in bars here in Melbourne. I just dont get it. It's swill.
    Now the Pale Ale stuff aint bad at all.
    Funny. but a few days ago I actually found 500ml cans for the first sime since I got to Oz, so frigging delighted cos the 370ml or whatever just isnt enough. So I actually bought cans of Amsterdam lager and enjoyed it like it was the finest beer on the planet.
    Tasted like Ireland!

500ml cans? Fuck me I haven't seen the like in a long time! Found myself drinking Amstel when I was out the other week just to get a European taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Guinness,if its the local if not,its Guinness after someone else tries it :D

Advertisement