Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPS - where the hell is my package?

• 22-05-2012 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have any experience with USPS? I'm assuming they're the problem. I ordered a package that cost just under 50 euro from Amazon.co.uk and it shipped on the 11th. It is now the 22nd. This has never taken so long and for once it's stuff that's important that I need.
    I was just about to ring the post office but I remembered that it shipped with USPS. Are these guys even in Ireland? I don't think there is tracking on this. I had it sent standard, but I still have to give out to someone.
    I can't believe the one package that I need doesn't show up at God damn all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Shryke wrote: »
    Does anyone else have any experience with USPS? I'm assuming they're the problem. I ordered a package that cost just under 50 euro from Amazon.co.uk and it shipped on the 11th. It is now the 22nd. This has never taken so long and for once it's stuff that's important that I need.
    I was just about to ring the post office but I remembered that it shipped with USPS. Are these guys even in Ireland? I don't think there is tracking on this. I had it sent standard, but I still have to give out to someone.
    I can't believe the one package that I need doesn't show up at God damn all.

USPS are the American Postal service. Are you sure you didn't order from Amazon.com? .co.uk is the UK and they send by UPS or Royal Mail. Unless you ordered from a Marketplace seller and not actually Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

USPS are great, once you have the tracking number you can track your package on their website. Everything that happens to your package is logged almost as soon as it happens.

The only problems I ever have is when An Past get their hairy mitts on my goods!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It was ordered through amazon.co.uk. Its definitely usps. That seemed odd to me too. It was the only option there and only standard delivery so no tracking. It may have been off a company through Amazon but I assume the product is coming from England. The delivery estimate was the 14th to the 19th.
    An Post have it once it hits Irish shores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Op

Do you mean UPS?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Shryke wrote: »
    It was ordered through amazon.co.uk. Its definitely usps. That seemed odd to me too. It was the only option there and only standard delivery so no tracking. It may have been off a company through Amazon but I assume the product is coming from England. The delivery estimate was the 14th to the 19th.
    An Post have it once it hits Irish shores?

Might help if you post link to the Amazon item, also in the order details you should see if seller is Amazon or from marketplace.

Not sure if Amazon.co.uk posts items from US but never seen it.

• Advertisement

Looked there and its sold and shipped by a company trading on Amazon. Ive ordered the same item before and it didnt take this long, I double checked and it is with usps.

The item is this. I have B12 deficiency and this is a big help. You cant pick it up in Irish stores and Im feeling like crap the last few days waiting for it. Its the best sublingual on the market.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0013OQGO6/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1337702343&sr=8-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you contacted the seller? Sine they're shipping with USPS, then it's obviously in America, not the UK. According to the sellers details page, they have North America at 6-10 days, and UK as 7-23 days. They also have Europe as 3-7 days, which can't possibly be right given the time quoted to the UK.

Without tracking info, there's no way to find out where it is or how long more it will take to deliver. An Post will not be able to help you either.

I feared as much. The items are dispatched and there is no tracking info so I dont see the point in contacting the seller. I thought my items would have to be dispatched from the UK though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Why do people use so much anger in their post / thread titles.

You'll get better answers with a cooler approach.

11th - 22nd is only 7 working days. assuming it was sent on evening of 11th (a Friday) - USPS takes 7-10 working days and then the parcel may also be inspected by customs and this takes up to 3 days. Therfore allow a total of 13 working days for your package to arrive.

btw - Marmite is great source of B12. Available in your local store.

sandin wrote: »
    Why do people use so much anger in their post / thread titles.

You'll get better answers with a cooler approach.

11th - 22nd is only 7 working days. assuming it was sent on evening of 11th (a Friday) - USPS takes 7-10 working days and then the parcel may also be inspected by customs and this takes up to 3 days. Therfore allow a total of 13 working days for your package to arrive.

btw - Marmite is great source of B12. Available in your local store.

I don't know about anybody else but I explained why in my first post. Thanks for the estimate. And marmite is not going to do anything for me, I'm not craving vitamins, this is a bit more serious than marmite on toast, cheers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can contact the seller but you don't see the point so scratch that off, other than that you'll unfortunately have sit and wait as there's nothing else to do.

Since it's coming from the states you might anticipate getting charged a little bit more (customs, VAT) unless amazon have sorted that out for you?

Advertisement