Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Indoors Fantasy League

• 14-02-2012 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

With a month left till the Comp i left this one a little late however given there will be alot less events should get through it a bit quicker

Rules
    1. After everyone has signed up i will do a random draw and each person will be given your pick number
    2.There will be 5 rounds in which each person will get to pick an athlete of there choice one at a time from first pick all the way down. Once an athlete has been picked no one else can pick the same athlete eg. (1st pick is Bolt so no one else can select Bolt).
    3. To make it fair every round the order in which a picker chooses their athlete is reversed i.e first pick in Rd.1 is last pick in Rd. 2
    4. Each athlete will be rated on their positioning and given points in accordance
    5. 4 best scores count
    6. If two people end up with same total points the 5th athlete will come into play as a Tie Breaker
    (For anyone who is a little confused here is Last Years Thread)

This is open to anyone you dont have to be an expert on athletics and is designed to be a bit of a laugh and a bit of banter.

Entry into this will be from now Till 11.59pm Sunday 19th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Me me me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

I am in. my athletics knowledge is poor but it should be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Ahh sure stick me down for it too ecoli. Could be a hard old championships to predict this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Dan man wrote: »
    Could be a hard old championships to predict this one.

Was thinking that too. I couldnt tell you a single runner in either 60m event :o

I'm in for this for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Count me in for the laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Put me down Charlie Brown. All the surprise medals in London may come from this championship that some stars are overlooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Chalk me down. 50 quid a man/woman/child. Or maybe a pint :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I'm in. After my European silver and world bronze, I have my sights set firmly on Olympic gold. Not expecting much from the world indoors. I've done lots of endurance in training but still yet to hit the speedwork. Will be more of a guidline of how much work that needs to be done before the summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I'm in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Wow 10 of us already great to see some fresh faces in this one (even though its gonna make picking winners a nightmare:D)

Guess I wont be trying to improve on last year with a perfect score card:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

ecoli wrote: »
    Wow 10 of us already great to see some fresh faces in this one (even though its gonna make picking winners a nightmare:D)

Guess I wont be trying to improve on last year with a perfect score card:D
    Count me in too please.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And me, even if I do horribly :p

Wow, 12 and counting, looks like we might need prelims this year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Wow, 12 and counting, looks like we might need prelims this year :p

Wait until the olympic one, that should be a record breaker.

Wait until the olympic one, that should be a record breaker.

Yeah but there are more athletes/ events in that one so can cope with the numbers.

If we get a few more what I may do is split the group into divisions and an athlete can be used once per division but ultimately this would kinda ruin it a bit as you will have people looking at the other division for idea's on who to pick.

Ill give it a day or two if no one signs up then I will close deadline early and proceed the way we are

Yeah but there are more athletes/ events in that one so can cope with the numbers.

If we get a few more what I may do is split the group into divisions and an athlete can be used once per division but ultimately this would kinda ruin it a bit as you will have people looking at the other division for idea's on who to pick.

Ill give it a day or two if no one signs up then I will close deadline early and proceed the way we are

Maybe one solution would be to allow everyone to choose one athlete of their choice for first pick, no restrictions. This means that more than one person could have the same athlete for first pick.
    After first pick though, no one can choose the athletes already picked and same rules as before (one athlete per person).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Yeh I have huge worries that the entry list will be huge for London, as those who have been in hibernation for the last 4 years, reappear, bulkier than ever, no doubt through the most up-to-date undetectable turtle juice, while the likes of myself, ecoli, brianderunner will be pushed out of the medals (not that brianderunner was ever in the medals in the first place ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marathonmanpat

Put me down for it ecoli.......

Right here is the random draw please read the rules before selecting and remember 1 at a time and not until the person before you has made there selection (prompts will be sent if taking too long)

5 rounds and the first in round one will be last in round 2 and vice versa

marathonmanpat |
    RainbowKirby |
    Getonwithit |
    BobMac104 |
    RoyMcC |
    ecoli |
    dev123 |
    BriandeRunner |
    Dan Man |
    04072511 |
    Lock |
    drquirky |
    Longjump67 |

Time is against us, less than 2 weeks for 5 rounds with 13 people...gonna have to pick up the pace. No doubt some athletes chosen won't go to Istanbul meaning subs will likely be needed also.

• Advertisement

Time is against us, less than 2 weeks for 5 rounds with 13 people...gonna have to pick up the pace. No doubt some athletes chosen won't go to Istanbul meaning subs will likely be needed also.

Agree I am going to move to RK now and Marathonmanpat will revert to last pick and if not contacted (PM me) by time gets to the last 1st pick then will be ommited from the league.

Similarly I am gonna start sending PMs at end of the day if someone has not picked and if no response within 24hrs they will be ommited simply due to time constraints

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'll start with Jessica Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

So thats me next??

Yelena Isinbayeva for me please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Going to go with mad len sure.

Good man BobMac. In the same sort of spirit I've changed my first pick and I'm going head-to-head with Getonwithit with Holly Bleasdale.

Right here is the random draw please read the rules before selecting and remember 1 at a time and not until the person before you has made there selection (prompts will be sent if taking too long)

5 rounds and the first in round one will be last in round 2 and vice versa

RainbowKirby |Jessica Ennis|-|-|-|-|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|-|-|-|-|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird|-|-|-|-|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|-|-|-|-|
    ecoli |-|-|-|-|-|
    dev123 |-|-|-|-|-|
    BriandeRunner |-|-|-|-|-|
    Dan Man |-|-|-|-|-|
    04072511 |-|-|-|-|-|
    Lock |-|-|-|-|-|
    drquirky |-|-|-|-|-|
    Longjump67 |-|-|-|-|-|
    marathonmanpat|-|-|-|-|-|

RainbowKirby |Jessica Ennis|-|-|-|-|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|-|-|-|-|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird|-|-|-|-|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|-|-|-|-|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton|-|-|-|-|
    dev123 |-|-|-|-|-|
    BriandeRunner |-|-|-|-|-|
    Dan Man |-|-|-|-|-|
    04072511 |-|-|-|-|-|
    Lock |-|-|-|-|-|
    drquirky |-|-|-|-|-|
    Longjump67 |-|-|-|-|-|
    marathonmanpat|-|-|-|-|-|

Surprisingly only one track athlete so far. What is this forum coming to haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Is there a list of competitors for the worlds? Had a quick look there and couldn't find one. If mo is in I'll go with him.

dev123 wrote: »
    Is there a list of competitors for the worlds? Had a quick look there and couldn't find one. If mo is in I'll go with him.
    On the assumption that most of competitors will have had an indoor season I'm using the iaaf top lists

• Advertisement

dev123 wrote: »

Yep, Mo is on the G.B. team. So is that your pick?

Advertisement