Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh god I think this weekend's headed for disaster :o

I was planning to go for Wagamamas and a few drinks with my bf tomorrow night. Wagamamas don't have nutritional information released but reckon I can make a pretty good decision when I look at the menu.

However I have just decided to go to a party tonight too. Vodka and diet mixer is what I'll be drinking so not too bad but I'll have to stay away from the munchie.

We're having a family BBQ on Sunday. I'm JUST going to have barbequed chicken and some salad, but one of my sisters is making Eton Mess (she said she'd use low fat cream) and my other sister is making cupcakes!! She's downstairs at the moment making up the icing. I went shopping with her and the ingredients included 2 large slabs of butter, 3 packs of Philadelphia, 3 packs of icing sugar and lots of other bad stuff. She already asked me to taste the mixture to see if it was ok. I dipped my finger in and tasted...and then wanted to bury my head in the bowl :D:D Cupcakes are my biggest weakness...I'm scared :o:o:o

In other news, I used Pembily's idea of having fajita chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves today and it was delicious! I was really full afterwards but didn't feel horrible and bloated like I usually do after fajitas with wraps! I allowed myself extra chicken (a breast and a half - 6pp) because I thought without the wraps it wouldn't fill me up, but I'll definitely only use one the next time, all the veg really helped! Thanks Pembily :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

oooooooooooooooooo - to drink or not to drink - i am sorely tempted!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conaid

Hi all. This is my first post . Joined ww on 8th march and have lost 16lbs. Found this thread a super help. Have a few nice dinner recipes which dont take too long so will post them soon. I use this calculator and find it great Weight Watchers Points Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Okay, I'm going to Nando's next Tuesday for dinner and have no idea how to point anything.

Anyone know where I might get their NI? (It's not on their website)

Is it in the eating out guide perchance?

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Okay, I'm going to Nando's next Tuesday for dinner and have no idea how to point anything.

Ta!

i have it , i'll put it in word document and upload it,

• Advertisement

NANDO'S PP VALUE ATTACHED

You are a total star!! Thanks!

You are a total star!! Thanks!

Nandos are huge in the UK, so ww online had there entire menu on there site. :)
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey all,
    I've joined in Feb but fell off and then tried slimming world which was just not for me, not my way of eating AT ALL.
    Rejoined two weeks ago and I am in the zone with power walking. Your head needs to be in that space right?
    Down 2ibs last week but honestly feel like I've lost 7ibs with the walking, it's amazing what exercise does eh?
    I'm 11stone now and plan is to be 10 by early June. I hope with the exercise I will.
    Fingers crossed.
    See some of you still here, Lady Lainey fair play to you how are you holding up? Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow and LOVING the scrambled eggs combo. I am the queen of weird eating e.g a salad with some egg white, ham and tayto snacks all on the plate together. Looks weird and contradictory but YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Honey 10

MOD NOTE: Sigh

• Advertisement

lol very busy here tonight as no one is in the pub LOL

hoping to hit 20lbs (since 1st Jan) tomorrow :) that'll be 37.4lbs in total only about another...(Insert huge number here) ....really want to hit that 40lb mark soon and then that all mighty 50lb mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Ta!

here is what is in the guide does not mention desserts

appetizers
    houmous peri peri with drizzle and pitta 13 pp
    peri peri nuts 5pp
    red pepper dip 7pp
    spicy mixed olives 6pp

peri peri chicken
    breast 1/4 8pp
    chicken half 13pp
    chicken wings 3/5/10 5/8/15 pp

burgers/pittas wraps

beanie burger or pitta 13pp
    beanie wrap 19pp
    chick breast fillet burger 10pp
    chick breast fillet wrap 17pp
    chick breast fillet pitta 11pp
    double chick breast fillet burger or pitta 15pp
    double chick breast fillet wrap 21pp
    mushroom 7halloumi cheese burger or pitta 10pp
    portobello mush and hall chesse burger/pitta 9pp
    portobello mush and hall chesse wrap 15pp
    vegie burger/pitta 10 pp
    vegie wrap 17pp

fresh salads

caesar 6pp
    couscous 6pp
    mediterranean 5pp

side and extras

chips-reg 9pp
    coleslaw reg 9pp
    corn on the cob reg 5pp
    creamy mash reg 7pp
    garlic bread reg 9pp
    grilled halloumi chesse 2pp
    macho peas reg 5pp
    nando's mixed leaf salad 1pp
    perinaise 5pp
    portuguese roll 5pp
    ratatouille 4pp
    spicy rice reg 5pp
    sweet potatoe mash 7pp
    toasted pitta bread 5pp

had it posted when i saw the Lady post was so long typing ha ha ha

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    lol very busy here tonight as no one is in the pub LOL

hoping to hit 20lbs (since 1st Jan) tomorrow :) that'll be 37.4lbs in total only about another....really want to hit that 40lb mark soon and then that all mighty 50lb mark!

AMAZING! Well done, you've really had the stamina, more than me LOL.
    The new iphone with the ipod is essential for the exercise though eh? Read your post re the dead battery. I'm the same could not do it now without the tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Honey 10 wrote: »
    Hi All

My name is Jennifer Banks journalist and writer, I am researching for a feature on the increased use of psychics, mediums and t/angel card readers during the recession.

I can protect identities fully if you have experience and want to chat you can email me on jbmedia@eircom.net.
    Regards
    Jen

troll

ban her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

just to all the people who are doing the ww league table

i have about 30 people in the league and awaiting about 8 peoples weights

if they dont reply by end of tommorow with their weight then i'll have to exclude them as it will be a game of catch up and nobody needs that

only 1 person put on weight so alot of losses and some big ones so well done to all

will post results of week 1 on sunday ie

persons name and how much % they lost , i wont say what their starting weight was as thats private , so it will be their name , how much this week they lost and how much % of total weight they have lost

Bernso wrote: »
    AMAZING! Well done, you've really had the stamina, more than me LOL.
    The new iphone with the ipod is essential for the exercise though eh? Read your post re the dead battery. I'm the same could not do it now without the tunes

oh i'm totally anal about my music...and the playlist....slow to medium tempo tracks first 5mins, then 30 mins of fast night club stuff with a strong rhythm to help me keep pace, then 5 mins of medium to slow for cooling down :P

just helps me to zone out, plus treadmill makes horrible noise that would just give me headache. bit of gaga, rihanna, usher, Katy perry, take that, pussy cat dolls, Adele, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Jessie J :)

oh i'm totally anal about my music...and the playlist....slow to medium tempo tracks first 5mins, then 30 mins of fast night club stuff with a strong rhythm to help me keep pace, then 5 mins of medium to slow for cooling down :P

just helps me to zone out, plus treadmill makes horrible noise that would just give me headache. bit of gaga, rihanna, usher, Katy perry, take that, pussy cat dolls, Adele, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Jessie J :)

Very similar, add to that Beyonce, Britney, & Elton John and you've got mine. Has to be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

just to all the people who are doing the ww league table

i have about 30 people in the league and awaiting about 8 peoples weights

if they dont reply by end of tommorow with their weight then i'll have to exclude them as it will be a game of catch up and nobody needs that

only 1 person put on weight so alot of losses and some big ones so well done to all

will post results of week 1 on sunday ie

persons name and how much % they lost , i wont say what their starting weight was as thats private , so it will be their name , how much this week they lost and how much % of total weight they have lost

I must have been the only one who put on the weight:o - only the 2nd time to have a gain since I restarted in Jan! I won't be online for the next 3 days to see if I'm bottom of the table as I am off to stay with my inlaws for Easter & they don't have internet. So 3 days of no control over what I eat, followed by my friend's 40th & then Disneyland Paris a week later - looks like I won't get a chance to move up the table too fast.

And the Easter eggs are piling up here for the kids - next door sent them in a lovely Easter basket each with 14 different sizes of eggs in it, then my mother gave them one each & so did my brother. My youngest got one from nursery & she also won the Easter school draw so that was another one. And this is all before we head down to Tipperary (via Sligo to pick up at least another 2 each) and all my husbands family will give them more. They'll be lying round the house for months there's so many of them.

Good luck to everyone over Easter. Enjoy the break, especially anyone going away & I'll catch up with how you all got on when I get back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

just wondering do any of ye eat extra light the day/night before a WI? what time do ye stop eating and drinking the night before a WI?

i've just finished dinner...but i have a tonne of pp left. but dont wanna have loads of food in my system in the morning when i get on the scales.

But its friday night......

WI in at 6 in the evening. Like Chinafoot said, would never starve myself. Always have my brekkie, 11am break (yoghurt and fruit) and my lunch which varies between 1-2pm. Would drink water til about 3pm then stop and maybe have a few WW mints. Would have similar food on WI day, even if not the same lunch, I aim to have the same PP (14PP) before WI every week.

Oh god, I went mental on the dinner tonight for the OH's birthday. We were STARVIIINNG!!! Hadn't eaten since 1pm except an apple and packet of velvet crunch and dinner was booked at 9pm (couldn't get it any earlier) and we even went to the gym and pool in the hotel. I had a duck spring roll to start. Made quite a good main choice, chargrilled chicken and baby potatoes and salad, but then the dessert... I couldn't resist a warm choc brownie and vanilla icecream, the brownie was HUGE, couldn't finish it (but managed a good bit of it lol) Oh and also had 2 mini rolls while waiting for the starter.

Can anyone hazard a guess on the PP for the duck spring roll and choc brownie (it was about the size of a regular block of cheese, like charleville)?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Had my WI am up 1lb but totally deserved went mental on the drink Thurs night and couldn't stop eating yesterday so now it's the start of a fresh wk

• Advertisement

Down 1.2lbs - Delighted with that! I say I put up some muscle too which is fine by me as long as the scales show SOME loss :) going to start tracking muscle/water/fat percentage at each saturday WI too...so at least that way I an tell if the bad numbers are going down and the good numbers are going up :P
    fat being bad, muscle being good :P

Happy out!

TURN ON BIGGEST LOSER!

its make over day....for some of them its there first time shopping in a normal store....thats how its going to be for me at christmas! What they are saying...is exactly how i feel....shop for things i like and want...not just for size

We should totally have a boards party next summer!

Down 1.2lbs - Delighted with that! I say I put up some muscle too which is fine by me as long as the scales show SOME loss :) going to start tracking muscle/water/fat percentage at each saturday WI too...so at least that way I an tell if the bad numbers are going down and the good numbers are going up :P
    fat being bad, muscle being good :P

Happy out!

Congrats, well done Lainy! You're heading straight for that shopping spree girl:)
    I'm power walking like mad too so expect to be putting up muscle (can see my legs changing already)

Can I just ask how you are going to track the muscle water fat % etc? I could do with doing that for motivation. Thanks.

Bernso wrote: »
    Congrats, well done Lainy! You're heading straight for that shopping spree girl:)
    I'm power walking like mad too so expect to be putting up muscle (can see my legs changing already)

Can I just ask how you are going to track the muscle water fat % etc? I could do with doing that for motivation. Thanks.

I have a special scales that measures all that, and you plug a USB into the scales then into the computer, and it charts progress. cos when i was doing motivation a few years ago they said i put on muscle REALLY quickly...just from walking!

the scales also measures visceral fat, which is the fat around the abdomen...which is really dangerous fat for the heart.

I got this scales 2 years ago and paid over 80 euro for it, its on special offer now for about 30 euro!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8325732/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

I have a special scales that measures all that, and you plug a USB into the scales then into the computer, and it charts progress. cos when i was doing motivation a few years ago they said i put on muscle REALLY quickly...just from walking!

the scales also measures visceral fat, which is the fat around the abdomen...which is really dangerous fat for the heart.

I got this scales 2 years ago and paid over 80 euro for it, its on special offer now for about 30 euro!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8325732/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

Ooh interesting.. thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

BBQ today \o/

Have only had breakfast so far which was 4 pp and I still have 36 of my weeklies so I should be fine :) (fingers crossed!)

I was thinking today actually, I wonder how many of us are in the same WW classes and don't know it? :) I go to the Tuesday at 6:15pm class in the Lord Mayor's in Swords. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

TURN ON BIGGEST LOSER!

its make over day....for some of them its there first time shopping in a normal store....thats how its going to be for me at christmas! What they are saying...is exactly how i feel....shop for things i like and want...not just for size

We should totally have a boards party next summer!

was a great episode and Sam is sooo hot!!

Also BBQ'ing today!

Have only used 3 points today and got 41 weeklies - I have 15 of those earmarked for an Easter egg tomorrow though! I have a big salad to take with me and some chicken so if I can stick with that I'll be happy out!

Well done Lainy, you're flying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am upset :( I couldn't do my weekly 30k cycle... Had to ring my mom to collect me - pathetic!? I managed 20k but wasn't in the zone :(

Well done Lainy, go you :D I'm only weighing in once a month and also measuring when I weigh in, I was getting obsessed and sabbotaging my weight loss as I wasn't losing any 'weight'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey all, Ive just rejoined WW after having a baby 6 weeks now so went back as soon as I could, lighter now than when I first got pregnant and want to keep with that seeing the scales going down.

So Im all new to the propoints :confused: a little confused and as Im used to the old plan wondering does it work! esp with the weekly PP although reading though the thread good to see people use them and still lose weight so may just have some easter egg tomorrow. which is a real treat as I had gestitional diabetes while pregnant so very very strict diet :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement