Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great Earphones at Great Prices

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Raoul wrote: »
    You mean almost double my budget? Haha. I loved the Vsonics but having to return three pairs cos of dodgy cables totally put me off getting more of them. Might go for the havi b3 pro Is.

Edit - They are 83 euro actually but still a big bump up in budget. Just saw that the cable looks much better on these though and it is an L plug. Why are you tempting me!!

:p They are great I can tell you that, I liked them over my SE215

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Think I am going to get them!! Feck you Bob.

Raoul wrote: »
    Think I am going to get them!! Feck you Bob.

Prepare to be amazed ;)

Ordered!

How long does delievery from lendmeurears take?

• Advertisement

It took about a week and a bit to arrive to me

And they marked the price of it 20 dollars on the package so we don't have to pay the tax ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I saw the xiaomi pistons 2 for sale for in a retail phone shop in galway shopping center when I was passing through last week. Was a bit of a surprise.

I hadn't used mine for ages and when I got home I put then on and they sounded terrible. I noticed there was yucky earwax where the grille is. Best thing to do was to rip the grille off with a pointy implement. They sounded great after that. Whether they sounded better I don't know but I thought they did - more open.

They really are fantastic build quality for the price. I read the pistons 3 have 'more bass'. The P2's have more than enough base already and I think listening to them again that that's their best quality. They are the most comfortable iems I've ever worn and better still they stay in my ears without falling out !

Harvey Normans Castlebar have some good headphone deals on the sale display.

€149 for Sennheiser momentums, Sennheiser Urbanites XL, and monster Addidas.

They also had a pair of beats studios for 150 but when I went back the next day they jack em back up to 199. Still good. They are very comfortable if you wanted the beats look.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Was really keen on getting the pistons myself but they won't work for me-I only have hearing in one ear! Anyone recommend a decent pair of mono stereo earphones? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RockBadger wrote: »
    Was really keen on getting the pistons myself but they won't work for me-I only have hearing in one ear! Anyone recommend a decent pair of mono stereo earphones? Thanks.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1260031?start=0&tstart=0
    I too am deaf in 1 ear from many years in music.
    The simple solution is to just use an inexpensive stereo to mono adapter.
    The drawback is that many engineers don't know how to mix for mono.
    In the 1960's the best engineers mixed the mono singles.
    Out of phase microphones can be panned left and right for stereo.
    When combined as mono the phase differences can cancel each other out resulting in some odd sounds.
    A lot of how good mono sounds depends on if the engineer bothered to correct the phasing on each channel before mixing down.
    By the way Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys recorded Good Vibrations while deaf in 1 ear and many sound systems are mono because stereo is only apparent to those in the center.

Found this, not sure what else could help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

NATLOR wrote: »
    Cheapest place at the moment is allbuy,havent used them myself but they have been favourably mentioned a few times on boards

I got my pistons from ibuygou and can vouch they are the genuine article but they are more expensive

are they legit? the thread on headfi.org only said ibuygou is legit. Besides, some other like TinyDeal, xiaomiworld and penonaudio are legit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

delph09 wrote: »
    are they legit? the thread on headfi.org only said ibuygou is legit. Besides, some other like TinyDeal, xiaomiworld and penonaudio are legit as well.

I ordered a pair of the piston 3 from Banggood today for $20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

delph09 wrote: »

I've used ibuygou twice with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Morf wrote: »
    I've used ibuygou twice with no issue.

Checked those legit items sites like ibuygou, tinydeal and penonaudio, ibuygou is $21.99, tinydeal is $18.99 and penonaudio is $28.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

If anyone is looking for cheap-ish IEMs here is my recommendation.

Hybrid design (1 BA + 1 DD). Got them after reading upon them on head-fi. At the moment they are being burned in but even out of the box they can compete with my DUNU DN1000 easily being 5x times cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-17426-sennheiser-ie8i-earphones.aspx

Not sure how long these will be on sale but might be worth it for some. £10 delivery is steep and keep in mind that it's still £10 to get it via Parcel motel's Northern Ireland address. You're probably better off using DPD's parcel wizard which offers 3 free deliverys I uses.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/UK-Virtual-Address

Boards bargain alerts thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517076

AUSDOM M06 Bluetooth over ear headphones.

Just ordered a pair today so can't give personal recommendation. Need them for the gym only. They get great reviews for the price which were originally around 50 dollars but are available on sale for a measly 22 euros with free shipping. Check em out.

http://www.everbuying.net/product1080219.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUnwI7JpDg

caveat: I've no info on everybuinging.net website but they are available on gearbest for 28 euro.
    http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_230467.html?gclid=CNPv4uK1r8kCFSmK2wodpfsJww

colossus-x wrote: »
    AUSDOM M06 Bluetooth over ear headphones.

Just ordered a pair today so can't give personal recommendation. Need them for the gym only. They get great reviews for the price which were originally around 50 dollars but are available on sale for a measly 22 euros with free shipping. Check em out.

http://www.everbuying.net/product1080219.html

Arrived yesterday approx 2 1/2 weeks. Quicker than expected for free delivery.

My first pair of bluetooth headphones. Works seamlessly with my smartphone. They are excellent for the price. I didn't think sound quality would be as good as was stated in reviews because of the price but they are. Sound sig similar to Creative's Aurvana Live, but not quite as good as those. They have really good bass , not muddy or overpowering, just there - good and punchy when required. Nice and light on the head. Looking forward to using them in the gym with the freedom wireless brings. Never bought anything as good value for money in the audio debarment as these, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Good find, this is rebranded Takstar Pro 80

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Is this as good a deal as it seems?

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black - £77.00
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UE6I0G?refRID=EQRE47VTPY95SRE1MN6M&ref_=pd_ybh_a_1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

See the 1 to 4 month wait on them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

yea, not exactly snappy
    Would it be worth the wait?

Bose SoundSport (no microphone)
    €59.99 in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Half fancying a set of Bluetooth headphones to go with my iPhone 7 upgrade. Any recommendations?

Advertisement