Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Office

Options
  • 17-09-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if W.I.T. has any sort of deal to get a free version of Microsoft Office or even a discount for buying it?. It would make it easier on days off too work from home instead of having to go into college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Not that I know of, but I heard of a package called 'Microsoft Office University' which seems incredibly worthwhile. Whereas the newest Office operates by yearly subscriptions for their regular packages, this University package apparently lasts for four years at the total price of €79. I got a new laptop some time ago and was advised of this. All you need to sign up is proof of your student email and some other college-y things like that. I'll definitely be buying it shortly. They don't tend to have them in PC-type stores and are more sought-after online I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Or microsoft word online? pretty sure most programs are on it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭test2014

LibreOffice. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is other ways of getting it but i cant say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Software4Students It's completely legit and there's a decent range of software. That said, if it's just a bit of Word, PowerPoint or Excel you want, LibreOffice is perfect and opens/saves Office files perfectly well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Try a charity shop, I picked up a CD of StarOffice for just €1!

Advertisement