Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What resistance bands do I need?

• 26-06-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

As the title suggests, I am currently embarking on some Kelly starrett induced supple leopard type self punishment and I was just wondering do I just need one or 2 bands or a set like the one in d8 fitness (http://www.d8fitness.com/product/power-set-x-4/)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

http://www.absolutegolduk.com/Product-119/Resistance-Bands/Band-#2-(Red)

These were the first bands I purchased and they are excellent. I also have a pair of the purple bands from MyProtein which took ages to break in and they have lost a lot of resistance as a friend of mine recently purchased a pair and there is a huge difference.

I use my bands a lot and they are great if you are travelling and still want to do a small bit.

The sprint bands on the above site are awesome but stay well clear of the blue band as you would have to be an actual rhino to get use out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I was wondering this also, I cant see an specs on the D8 site, I assume the diff colours are diff levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

A medium band for hip/shoulder distraction etc. and a mini band for scap work is probably plenty

EDIT - I think minis are red and mediums are green from D8

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Thanks for the replies lads, I'll be placing the order for the two bands and a grid roller from d8 tomorrow morning as the ones j linked are out of stock at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

COH wrote: »
    A medium band for hip/shoulder distraction etc. and a mini band for scap work is probably plenty

EDIT - I think minis are red and mediums are green from D8
    what he said.

Physio needs do them also now

Shame the colours were not standard everywhere

• Advertisement
Advertisement