Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

I never thought that we'd have to dance on the first day of school, it came as a shock to all of us! :eek: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I never thought that we'd have to dance on the first day of school, it came as a shock to all of us! :eek: :P
    Is there a boy with a very high pitched voice like Troy? ;)

sadly there was no singing, but I think every school has *that boy :pac:

sadly there was no singing, but I think every school has *that boy :pac:
    There's one in my class, he's like the Irish Justin Bieber, he has the same hairstyle as John Newman, all the teachers mock him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I think I've gone to the computer room more times in TY in 3 days than I have in my last 3 years at my school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I can't wait to start!! 5 more days!!!

Let's make this the biggest TY off-topic thread EVER! so what do you guys want for christmas? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Let's make this the biggest TY off-topic thread EVER! so what do you guys want for christmas? :D

haha that's a long way away.. But maybe a kimono or some train/bus tickets. wbu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

This is the question that has been bothering me so much lately :O I have everything I want tbh :P You?

I havn't a notion yet I'm sure Ill think of something, but my birthday is in 3 weeks *cough* I accept virtual hugs *cough* I'm getting an Ipod! :cool: Promised to pay for half of it though :eek:

• Advertisement

A new laptop, but I don't really want anything.

I havn't a notion yet I'm sure Ill think of something, but my birthday is in 3 weeks *cough* I accept virtual hugs *cough* I'm getting an Ipod! :cool: Promised to pay for half of it though :eek:
    Happy early birthday! We should throw a party on boards.ie! ;)

Yay :D What date is it? :)

I'll probably just ask for money and games :D

Yeah, nothing beats money :cool: It's on the 22nd all I can say is thank God it's not on a schoolday! :P

Yeah, nothing beats money :cool: It's on the 22nd all I can say is thank God it's not on a schoolday! :P
    I have two friends who are going 16 on the 22nd ... must be a popular date! :eek:

Party on the 22nd :D gotta love money ;)

Are you guys nervous for results yet? :eek: I'm surprisingly not :eek: I think reality hasn't hit me yet, but I swear I was more nervous this time last year for results than I am now :P

Are you guys nervous for results yet? :eek: I'm surprisingly not :eek: I think reality hasn't hit me yet, but I swear I was more nervous this time last year for results than I am now :P
    I'm surprisingly calm tbh :O

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I want my results, but not really that nervous, maybe in the coming days...
    As for TY, it sounds pretty good in our school, cant decide what i will do for Work Experience, maybe something to do with technology,if anyone has any ideas, but its in April so i have got a while to com up with something. Also they make us do community service for a week and that's in december but not sure what i will do. Maybe something to do with animals or in a local charity shop? Why is everyone talking about Christmas? summer holidays are just over :P

I'm excited for Results day, i'm having a large pizza :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Started ty today, really happy so far! I was really nervous about the new classes because I don't like a lot of people in my year, but one of my best friends is in it and some other people I like too :) I only had a half day but I'm looking forward to going in tomorrow :) My english teacher is kind of strange though, she spent the whole of class showing us a power point that she made about her life :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I can't wait to get my results, I'm not worried, I'm getting €20 per pass and €50 per honour and if I get an A then a surprise so happy days ;) Already got a Nexus 7 for it lol, I'm off school for a full week for work experience but I don't start until tomorrow so I had a day off today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I can't wait to get my results, I'm not worried, I'm getting €20 per pass and €50 per honour and if I get an A then a surprise so happy days ;) Already got a Nexus 7 for it lol, I'm off school for a full week for work experience but I don't start until tomorrow so I had a day off today :pac:

Wow really?? Haha that's awesome, my parents are just going to be like well done :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

juniorcert wrote: »
    Wow really?? Haha that's awesome, my parents are just going to be like well done :L

Oh god haha, yeah its pretty great, both my parents work full time so I guess they just wanted to treat me for hopefully getting good results.

Wow that's crazy :eek: Same, I will get a well done and (if i'm lucky) a pat on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DuggiexD

Started ty today, I thought it was great, I actually got in a class with alot of my friends! New timetable is also good, we were also told today that we will be going surfing all day tomorrow, can't wait! Hopefully it will be a good year :D

For every non-A I get, a part of my soul dies.

I'm after starting to like TY xD I actually kind of like my class now. Even though none of my friends are in it, it's starting to be a good thing :P My teachers aren't turning out to be too bad and I love my subjects xD Chinese next Monday xD

Also for the results thing, I'm only getting a 'fair play' too xD My grandad will give me something though :) He's the biggest legend ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

This day next week...
    Out of interest, do your schools give you the day off after you get your results or keep you in like a full day

• Advertisement

Bluestrike wrote: »
    This day next week...
    Out of interest, do your schools give you the day off after you get your results or keep you in like a full day
    I have a half day every wed so yea :rolleyes: we get our results around 11am and we're allowed to go home after :D.

Advertisement