Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

I really enjoyed the latest episode but agree that Bunchy is dragging the show down.
    He seemed to getting on handy enough as a pimp.. could be some character development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

He seemed to getting on handy enough as a pimp.. could be some character development.

Bunchy's Bitches Y'all!

The marketing just writes itself sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I really enjoyed the latest episode but agree that Bunchy is dragging the show down.

Really? I think Bunchy's hilarious and he adds some humour to the show, which is quite dark.

Abbey on the other hand just pisses me off the more the show goes on; such an irritating personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was a cracking episode, probably one of the best yet. If there was no Abbey or even the kids for that matter it would be one of the best shows on TV at the moment. The dynamics of the Donovan family are just great to watch! Mick is an absolute gowl though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 the dark ken night

If I was an emotionally scarred, alcoholic, self destructive tough guy he is the emotionally scarred, alcoholic, self destructive tough guy I would want to be.......

Brilliant writing, outstanding acting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Great episode. Like Ray said everything Mick puts his hand to turns to ****. Everything he does he does for himself. He doesn't give a crap about anyone.

Terrys character is great and Eddie Marsan does a fantastic job.

Disagree a bit about Bunchy. He adds a bit of humour to a grim enough show but i think his character is going to be in for a bumpy ride this season.

Abbey is annoying agreed as are the kids but I have no real empathy for Ray either. Hes a high class thug for hire. Interested now to see where it goes with Lovejoy owning his ass.

Great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The wife and kids are ruining the show for me.

Lena and Avi need to be brought back instead of the wife and kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Heineken!! Heineken everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I remember watching the first season and loving it but not enjoying Liev Schreiber's acting that much. The strong, silent type that he portrayed didn't sit well with me.

Now, into season 3, I think it's brilliant. He carries himself like a calm and calming presence among his crackpot family when, in fact, he's as messed up as the rest of them (case in point being the clerical abuse issue in season 1). I think Schreiber is managing to create so many layers to the character of Ray: the fixer who can fix the lives of those all around him, aside from his own and those of his wife and kids. Brilliant stuff.

Cracking show and with the couple of big names (Schreiber, Voight) and an Irish connection, I'm surprised it's gone under the radar of the mainstream in Ireland, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ekels wrote: »
    I remember watching the first season and loving it but not enjoying Liev Schreiber's acting that much. The strong, silent type that he portrayed didn't sit well with me.

Now, into season 3, I think it's brilliant. He carries himself like a calm and calming presence among his crackpot family when, in fact, he's as messed up as the rest of them (case in point being the clerical abuse issue in season 1). I think Schreiber is managing to create so many layers to the character of Ray: the fixer who can fix the lives of those all around him, aside from his own and those of his wife and kids. Brilliant stuff.

Cracking show and with the couple of big names (Schreiber, Voight) and an Irish connection, I'm surprised it's gone under the radar of the mainstream in Ireland, as far as I can see.

It seems to have gone under the mainstream radar worldwide actually, which is a shame as it's probably my favourite show on TV now, and I'm sure that's the case for many who do follow it too. Season 2 could've been better but I think the show is back to its best now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was trying to think of where i know finneys son from and i think he was in hollyoaks. Pretty big step up, much like the actress that is in game of thrones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Liev Schreiber's acting in this is phenomenal, he has become Ray Donovan. Whenever I see him in something else now it feels weird as I can't dissociate him from Ray. Absolutely love this show.

Well Mickey has gone and dug a big hole now can't wait to see how he climbs out of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'm enjoying this Mexican wrestler ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Things are ticking along nicely. Looking foward to next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Repent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭squonk

Next week on Ray Donovan.... "The power of Christ compells you!" :)

This has been the best season so far, as far as I'm concerned. I actually checked to see how many episodes were left after the last one and there are 5. I'm actually surprised they've fitted so much into the first 7 episodes and I think they have some brilliant story lines surrounding almost every one of the main characters (aside from Conor).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 omicron persei 8

Im liking the former Mrs Cruise more every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

So is Ray walking up the stairs???

• Advertisement

Im liking the former Mrs Cruise more every week.

Can anyone figure out the braces? I really don't get it. I'm thinking there's some symbolism attached.

EDIT: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/katie-holmes-reveals-mystery-braces-ray-donovan-gma/story?id=32613582

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 omicron persei 8

So is Ray walking up the stairs???

I would have been up the stairs, stripped to my socks and half finished before she set foot on the first step!

A really great episode the best of the season so far for me.

The guessing of who was in the desert hole. The snake bite was funny.

Mickey being Mickey.

The daughter/teacher thing is really hurting the series for me there is no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Connor seems to have disappeared ... Not that that's a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The daughter/teacher thing is really hurting the series for me there is no need for it.

Totally agree. Absolutely no need for it. Its a silly side story. The only reward I'd be happy with is for them run away together and never return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've about as much interest in the daughter/teacher thing as I have in the son/mattress thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭squonk

It's not very interesting for sure and I don't know where it'll go really. I find myself sitting there wishing the teacher would nail her and have done with it. Still, it's far better than the alternative of another stupid Abbey storyline or Conor! At least what looked like a stupid Bunchy storyline with the mexican wrestler actually went somewhere in an, allbeit, unlikely fashion. Pointless sub-arcs do seem to be a staple of the show though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I imagine what'll happen is that Abbey will take advantage of the teacher and then Ray will take revenge on the teacher, bring back the whole "I was taken advantage of and now my daughter is" but putting a different slant on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Another great episode this week. I agree with most of the posters here that the teacher story line is weak and a bit pointless. I don't like the Mexican wrestler at all. Don't think she adds anything to the show.

Great to havey back. Finny was great this week too. I want to see more of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Great episode overall, one of the best of the series so far. Agree that the teacher sub-plot is a bit pointless though. Weird seeing the cop from True Detective showing up.

Advertisement